Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Please Extend D2D "Promotion Period" Due To Excessive Bugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Extend D2D "Promotion Period" Due To Excessive Bugs!

**Edit**
    This thread should now be named: Thank You Vudu For Extending The D2D "Promotional Period" From August 31st to January 31st!

Thank you Vudu for extending this!

**/Edit**

I would like to ask VUDU to please extend the 50% conversion promotion for another month (or however long) as there are still MANY BUGS in the VuduToGo program and I know for a fact that I will probably stop using it after the promotion has ended (making bug finding harder due to less users). VuduToGo is still in Beta, and I still cannot redeem ~20 new releases because the title cannot be found.

This Promotion is available from May 29, 2013 through August 31, 2013 (the "Promotion Period").

I cannot convert these movies (off the top of my head):

Marley & Me: Puppy Years
    Barbie: Princess & the Popstar
    Dream House
    Superman vs. The Elite
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    October Baby
    Oranges
    LOL
    Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome
    Guns, Girls and Gambling
    Monster High: Friday Night Frights
    Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
    Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots
    30 Nights of Paranormal Activity with the Devil Inside the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Black Rock
    Detention of the Dead
    Killing Lincoln
    Marine 3: Homefront
    Phantom
    Quartet
    Rambler
    Snitch
    Stoker
    Trance

I have submitted "What disc is this?" about 3-5 times on each over the past month and a half, and yet they are still unrecognizable! 24 movies I would love for $24, but the promotion period is going to end... and I will have to fork out $48 because the program is still glitchy as Hell =(.

Once the Promotional Period is done, I'm just going to wait for the next promotion, as why waste the:
    1) Time trying to convert the movies that will not work for $2 and get the headaches that come with it
    2) Patience of having a disc on the D2D list, but for whatever "Not available for D2D" --> I'm talking to you "Slipstream" DVD.

Maybe it will take 2 years for the next Promotional Period, I don't know, maybe never, but then the movies will at least work and I won't have to pay full price for something that we as a community is trying to fix for the developers.

There are still bugs in the system and I would like it that the Promotional Period would be extended so that I can add some of these movies for the discounted price that I have been trying to add for over a month now!. I mean, I can watch these on my DVD's/Blu-Ray's, but my family in other states cannot =(. Also buying a movie for ~$18 and then putting it in a collection for $1, maybe I am just spoiled now =(

Please take this into consideration Vudu.

Who else agrees? At the time of me writing this, there less than 11 days left for the Promotional "10 Movies for 50% off order" deal. Who else cannot get movies to work and would love the promotion to be extended?

Re: Please Extend D2D "Promotion Period" Due To Excessive Bugs!

+1

I'm sure part of the reason the promotion was introduced was generate interest and NOT to give us a free ride to convert our entire library at half price. That said there are still a lot of bugs that need to be shaken out and there is a portion of the public out there that already feels burned by this whole D2D thing. I don't know how many Blu-Ray and other D2Dm reviews I read where people bought equipment thinking I can convert my whole collection and then a year later Samsung or LG is still selling me a bill of goods. Others Feel the same with Vudu. There needs to be some redemption. Problem is that it takes 30 subsequent positive interactions to make up after one negative one. And we continue to have many, many D2D bugs. When we can take a stack of disc's thats been on D2D for a long time and still have half or more not work thats a major problem, especially with someone that's brand new to the program. It will turn them off and they will burn many others from joining as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
      +1

I'm sure part of the reason the promotion was introduced was generate interest and NOT to give us a free ride to convert our entire library at half price. That said there are still a lot of bugs that need to be shaken out and there is a portion of the public out there that already feels burned by this whole D2D thing. I don't know how many Blu-Ray and other D2Dm reviews I read where people bought equipment thinking I can convert my whole collection and then a year later Samsung or LG is still selling me a bill of goods. Others Feel the same with Vudu. There needs to be some redemption. Problem is that it takes 30 subsequent positive interactions to make up after one negative one. And we continue to have many, many D2D bugs. When we can take a stack of disc's thats been on D2D for a long time and still have half or more not work thats a major problem, especially with someone that's brand new to the program. It will turn them off and they will burn many others from joining as well.
      This probably won't happen because the idea of beta is to find and fix bugs. Granted nothing seems to have been fixed. The promotion was incentive to get Vudu members to assist in reporting bugs. Now that Vudu has a good list of bugs they probably don't need anymore reporting. This eliminates the desire to give us incentive to help due to the promotion. That's just my opinion but I wish they would extend it. Also, if they do that, I hope they issue a new version for us to continue testing. With new versions come new bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MoWeb View Post
        This probably won't happen because the idea of beta is to find and fix bugs. Granted nothing seems to have been fixed. The promotion was incentive to get Vudu members to assist in reporting bugs. Now that Vudu has a good list of bugs they probably don't need anymore reporting. This eliminates the desire to give us incentive to help due to the promotion. That's just my opinion but I wish they would extend it. Also, if they do that, I hope they issue a new version for us to continue testing. With new versions come new bugs.
        The Beta ended some time ago, so the time to squash bugs is officially over.

As a "Grand Opening" gesture Vudu gave everyone that participated in the Beta promotional credit equal to half what they spent during the Beta and gave everyone a 50% off discount for ten or more disks converted in a D2D order.

Comment

Originally posted by chnandler_bong View Post
          The Beta ended some time ago, so the time to squash bugs is officially over.

As a "Grand Opening" gesture Vudu gave everyone that participated in the Beta promotional credit equal to half what they spent during the Beta and gave everyone a 50% off discount for ten or more disks converted in a D2D order.
          This is what I thought as well, but no, its still in beta. Valid point OP, extend the promotion guys!

Comment

According to http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html in the top left corner, I don't know where you get the information that VuduToGo is no longer in Beta? It's plastered right on the page?

Comment

I think the confusion started when vudu ended its invited private beta. A lot of people never knew it was a private beta since the software was passed around freely and vudu reps said it was no big deal. If you never got an email early in the year with a link to the original beta software you weren't technically supposed to have it, but again, vudu said they didn't mind the software got leaked. Now it's a public beta for anyone to use and help with the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                I think the confusion started when vudu ended its invited private beta. A lot of people never knew it was a private beta since the software was passed around freely and vudu reps said it was no big deal. If you never got an email early in the year with a link to the original beta software you weren't technically supposed to have it, but again, vudu said they didn't mind the software got leaked. Now it's a public beta for anyone to use and help with the bugs.

This is 100% correct.

Comment

How about extend it a bit longer, but increase the qualifying number to 15 or 20 to get to the 1/2 price level? That way, there would still be an enticement for newer users, while weening existing users off the price point we've been enjoying.

I'm also curious if the titles that are being "manually verified" will be offered to us at the promotional rate, when and if we are contacted back on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy77 View Post
                    How about extend it a bit longer, but increase the qualifying number to 15 or 20 to get to the 1/2 price level? That way, there would still be an enticement for newer users, while weening existing users off the price point we've been enjoying.

I'm also curious if the titles that are being "manually verified" will be offered to us at the promotional rate, when and if we are contacted back on them.
                    That would be crazy! It's hard getting just 10! I sit down and try to convert 12 to 15 at a time and manage to get about 8 to load into my Vudu TOGO shopping cart. So I just say the heck with it and checkout at full price and take any titles that I cannot convert on CinemaNow to Walmart.

I have been asking myself what this promotion is all about. Is it about getting more people to test during the beta test? If so, then why do all the discs that I tested not qualify? It's not my fault that their software failed. I did my part, I tried to convert my DVD using their beta program. If the promotion is more about bringing awareness then I think Vudu may have done themselves more harm than good due to the number of titles we couldn't convert during this promotion period.

That being said, for the $30 or so that I did save...thanks! But I could have saved so much more

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                      That would be crazy! It's hard getting just 10! I sit down and try to convert 12 to 15 at a time and manage to get about 8 to load into my Vudu TOGO shopping cart. So I just say the heck with it and checkout at full price and take any titles that I cannot convert on CinemaNow to Walmart.
                      It's so odd to me that I see a number of folks here reporting similar issues. I usually can hit 12-15 in one session without too much hassle, and technology and I have never been on the best of terms. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Comment

It's so odd to me that I see a number of folks here reporting similar issues. I usually can hit 12-15 in one session without too much hassle, and technology and I have never been on the best of terms. Sorry to hear about your experience.
                        That use to be the case with me before the promotion started. Of course there were still several that wouldn't work before, just seems that there are a lot more now. I had two this past week that wouldn't work...Mouse Hunt and Lincoln Lawyer and two that would work. I had 3 prior to this that wouldn't work. So instead of having seven in my Vudu TOGO cart, I only have two. So to get my discount I still have to load 8 more titles instead of 3, and based on my experience that would mean that I would probably have to attempt to load at least 16 more DVDs in order for the program to recognize 8 more titles and there just isn't that many more movies remaining on the eligible for D2D list that I care to have. Since they probably will not add any more movies to the list until after the promotion, I will once again be paying full price.

Comment

I can get 12-15 as well. But then I can also get 12-15 that don't work as well.

Every (or most every)single Mad Max, Alien, Shrek, Dirty Harry, Lethal Weapon...

The list goes on...

There are times were I'm going through a collection to convert and I just hit a whole block and it's it's 90+% of the disc are on D2D and they WILL NOT WORK. Mostly coming up and wrong title (all above), sometimes as not recognized (Vegas Vacation, Spies Like Us, Funny Farm, Repo Man)

Comment

No close this promotion. I want to see true results, like more eligible titles + MGM & Disney!

I'm sure the bugs will be fixed in time... When The Sale Is Over....

exit The Sloppy Seconds UV Sale

Comment

With it so close to the end of the month it would be nice if Vudu would chime in if the promo was going to be hard cut at the end of month, quietly extended, or something else. Any feedback would be nice. Being left out to dry though would be kind of par for the course though unfortunately if history is any indicator.

Comment

Working...
                              X