Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Blue Bin: Now on Vudu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Bin: Now on Vudu

Originally posted by MattO View Post
    New week, same list of $7.88 movies on Vudu.com. I wonder if this kind of "week" starts on Tuesday to coincide with movie releases.
    The special week was for sept 3 to sept 9. On the site it shows this was week 1 of the specials and the time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Jad s View Post
      The special week was for sept 3 to sept 9. On the site it shows this was week 1 of the specials and the time frame.
      I see that now that you pointed it out. It's a white font and sort of hard to notice unless you know to look for it.

Comment

Thinking about picking up North by Northwest and Hachi. Before I do, does anyone know if these are D2D titles? I might be able to find them for around the same price and just D2D them.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
          Thinking about picking up North by Northwest and Hachi. Before I do, does anyone know if these are D2D titles? I might be able to find them for around the same price and just D2D them.

Thanks!
          Yes both are D2D. If have done Hachi, though I might have done it on Cinemanow.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
            Yes both are D2D. If have done Hachi, though I might have done it on Cinemanow.
            Awesome. Thank you!

Comment

I bought these last week: Shawshank Redemption, Deep Impact (Yep, I already knew it was full screen before purchasing, P&S HD nostalgia ), xXx. This week: New Jack City (Even Chris Rock was cracked on this sale)... Can't wait to see what new goodies there are to come on next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodoo4Vudu View Post
                I bought these last week: Shawshank Redemption, Deep Impact (Yep, I already knew it was full screen before purchasing, P&S HD nostalgia ), xXx. This week: New Jack City (Even Chris Rock was cracked on this sale)... Can't wait to see what new goodies there are to come on next week.
                Yes, I bought "Shawshank Redemption", "Carriers" as well as "Kiss the Girls" last week and "Abduction" this week. It may not be a good idea that they put the $7.88 bin on Vudu?

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                  Yes, I bought "Shawshank Redemption", "Carriers" as well as "Kiss the Girls" last week and "Abduction" this week. It may not be a good idea that they put the $7.88 bin on Vudu?
                  They still need to put movies in that list that we can't get d2d! There are a lot of movies that are not d2d but are UV like "Jerry Maguire" But I would also like to see some MGM movies that are not UV. Just about everything in this "bin" so far I already have

Comment

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
                    They still need to put movies in that list that we can't get d2d! There are a lot of movies that are not d2d but are UV like "Jerry Maguire" But I would also like to see some MGM movies that are not UV. Just about everything in this "bin" so far I already have
                    Yep, I've been patiently waiting for Jerry Maguire D2D. Come on already Sony!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoWeb View Post
                      Yep, I've been patiently waiting for Jerry Maguire D2D. Come on already Sony!!!
                      Me too...Jerry Maguire, Jaws, the Back to the Future trilogy, Men in Black III, and Despicable Me.

I would like to see them add some new movies currently not available on Vudu for the "Blue Bin". Movies like Romancing the Stone, Cutthroat Island, For Richer or Poorer, Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter Is Dead, Mad Max, Mrs. Doubtfire, Mirror Mirror, Iron Eagle, The Illusionist (2006), The Princess Bride, Willow, Spaceballs, The Usual Suspects, Young Frankenstein, The Waterboy, and the Terminator movies...just to name a few suggestions.

Comment

I don't think MGM has been negotiating any rights contracts recently. I haven't seen any catalog titles added or removed in months. I think the catalog titles are in limbo. That's why only the new MGM titles are UV, because they are distributed by FOX. Whoever owns the rights to the old MGM titles is sitting on them for now. I hope someone like Fox will buy out some of the catalog soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                          Me too...Jerry Maguire, Jaws, the Back to the Future trilogy, Men in Black III, and Despicable Me.

I would like to see them add some new movies currently not available on Vudu for the "Blue Bin". Movies like Romancing the Stone, Cutthroat Island, For Richer or Poorer, Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter Is Dead, Mad Max, Mrs. Doubtfire, Mirror Mirror, Iron Eagle, The Illusionist (2006), The Princess Bride, Willow, Spaceballs, The Usual Suspects, Young Frankenstein, The Waterboy, and the Terminator movies...just to name a few suggestions.
                          Love this list, too bad I have blu rays for most of theses, and freaking Disney owns The Waterboy

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                          I don't think MGM has been negotiating any rights contracts recently. I haven't seen any catalog titles added or removed in months. I think the catalog titles are in limbo. That's why only the new MGM titles are UV, because they are distributed by FOX. Whoever owns the rights to the old MGM titles is sitting on them for now. I hope someone like Fox will buy out some of the catalog soon.
                          Knowing Disney they will probably buy the MGM catalog then were're permanently screwed...see Marvel and Lucasfilm . I'm hoping for Fox, Warner, or Sony for obvious reasons.

Comment

The MGM Studios Florida are on the property of the Reedy Creek Recreation District, a wholly own municipality by Walt Disney Companies.

The future is not looking bright if that is any indication.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                              The MGM Studios Florida are on the property of the Reedy Creek Recreation District, a wholly own municipality by Walt Disney Companies.

The future is not looking bright if that is any indication.
                              I don't think that's the Corp HQ, I think it's just the MGM Studios Theme Park, which just licensed out it's name and logo for the park when it first opened. They actually changed the name to Hollywood Studios several years ago, so it's probably just leftover google map remnants.

Comment

No doubt.

There has been some brand alignment between the two studios as a result of the partnership. I fail to see how there would not have been significant melding of the two with an MGM themed park in the crown jewel of the Disney Parks portfolio.

If any studio could be said to have reason to buy MGM, Disney is for sure at the top of the very short list.

Comment

Working...
                                X