Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Cord Cutters:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cord Cutters:

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
    OK..., not quite sure what you are referring to. I was talking about how when recent movie releases are added to the Disc to Digital list they are often not read correctly by the Vudu to Go in home program.
    Its very annoying. i have added quite a few with Cinema Now D2D, when they couldnt be read by Vudu. Which wouldnt be so bad if they were doing the half off prices Vudu is doing when you have 10 or more.

Comment

Here is the deal.

I had occasion to go onto the bluray.com forum a few months ago. A Disney thread had people reporting no iTunes for their DC+ redemptions. I wanted to find out the details.

The thread turned quite confrontational. I called the bluray folks relics from a bygone era, they fired back very harshly. Some principle forum members began to ridicule me quite hard and I told them to enjoy their closet full of plastic discs. They took further offense and the fires were stoked more.

I had several comments deleted by the Bluray.com mods. Defending my position as a digital rights enthusiast and calling out plastic disc media as nineteen nineties technology got me close to being banned from the forum and several comments deleted by mods.

Vudu mods are simply following common forum practice. Back and forth comparisons on the Vudu forum is one thing.

Using the Vudu forum to ridicule Vudu services or to promote a competitor are going to attract the attention of a mod.

Rightly so, IMHO.

If I was paying staff and MRC to support a capital investment into an EST store front, I too would find it difficult to allow my equipment to be used to promote my competition. This is not a government run forum paid for by tax dollars. It is a forum paid for by Vudu cap-ex and supported by paid Vudu staff members.

Comment

As I have said in the past, Vudu is a supplementary movie watching forum for me and not primary. I still use the BD to watch most of my movies and when Vudu has the HD audio as well as video, then I might consider using Vudu only. I have to agree with those that still say using the disc is still the best way to watch a movie right now.

Comment

I think sorting by exp-date is for rental stuff to be on top of your list. Not really applicable to UV libraries.

I agree the Roku app as it stands now is not of much use. Maybe a couple of generations down the road though.

This is an example of how far Vudu is out in front. Vudu was an established EST vender before Wal-Mart bought them. They were the first OTT provider and as such have had many years of industry expirence under their belts. This just can not be understated, IMHO. TT is a greenfield venture and will take a good long while to get close to catching up.
          Last edited by DanielH; 09-29-2013, 12:12 PM. Reason: Removed Quote

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
            As I have said in the past, Vudu is a supplementary movie watching forum for me and not primary. I still use the BD to watch most of my movies and when Vudu has the HD audio as well as video, then I might consider using Vudu only. I have to agree with those that still say using the disc is still the best way to watch a movie right now.
            MP3 is inferior quality to compact disc too, but more conducive to a modern lifestyle.

Some folk still like to only listen to music on compact disc, but most have moved on.

Same deal for plastic disc media of movie industry content is in store, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
              MP3 is inferior quality to compact disc too, but more conducive to a modern lifestyle.

Some folk still like to only listen to music on compact disc, but most have moved on.

Same deal for plastic disc media of movie industry content is in store, IMHO.
              Listening to music and watching a movie are totally different IMHO since when you're watching a movie, I want to hear the plane from behind me and listen to it coming up and passing above me like you get when you have at least 5.1 audio and even more evident when you have HD audio. I wouldn't compare listing to music with watching movies.

Comment

I am afraid to speak my mind. There appears to be a new sheriff in town as the mod overseer who lets loose on his six shooter with frightening frequency.

Regardless, you may be right. I'm no audiophile though. I gladly sacrifice degrees of quality on the alter of convenience.

Same pattern with MP3 vs CD, IMHO. Convenience wins out over slight degrees of quality.

To have my entire collection at my fingertips is too enticing a feature for me to care much about shades of quality of which you speak.

...but again, I am but a humble member of the nameless masses. Not a high end conosur of movie playback at all. Just want to get some fodder for the kids and to be able to kick back on the weekends with some good stuff to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                  impressive. If you are into BRD, why not convert them via D2D and have remote access to your library?

BTW, you have another SVoD provider to evaluate. Red Box has just started. Their selection is not as good as NetFlix or Amazon Prime, but something to consider since they too offer kiosk tokens for free kiosk rentals.

If you are going to invest in a Win/Tel machine, I am assuming you are too running Plex. I like to be completely divorced from client server setups. When all my content is being piped via a thin client right to the TV and no Win/Tel server is needed, I am much happier. For me, not having to administer anything is a convenience I am happy to reap the benefits of.

I just point my remote, click, a little wheel spins on my TV, and then I am clicking & watching. No feed from a local PC needed. For me, that is an efficiency I really appreciate.
                  I can live with discs for the better quality and no need for internet data usage but I can see the convenience factor being more important for others, Vudu is a great convenient compromise with good quality. I have signed up for Redbox but haven't used it much yet, I like the fact it works with several boxes I currently use. Yes, the Windows PC will be used for Plex and PlayOn, some services such as Hulu are not going to be available with the various streaming boxes I use, it is licensed for PCs only.

Overall, I am happy with my cord cutting solution but like many others I am hoping for more live sports programming to become accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                    Listening to music and watching a movie are totally different IMHO since when you're watching a movie, I want to hear the plane from behind me and listen to it coming up and passing above me like you get when you have at least 5.1 audio and even more evident when you have HD audio. I wouldn't compare listing to music with watching movies.
                    Both are entertainment mediums, one just has moving pictures to go with the sound. Also, music can be just as immersive and captivating as a film.

I know some pretty hardcore music listeners that absolutely refuse to listen to anything other than a CD. To me, the only genre I've noticed a difference (small, but still noticeable) between a high quality 320kbps MP3 track and the CD version is with classical music.

Like Sir Walter, I am more than happy to sacrifice a small amount of fidelity (be it audio or video) for convenience and portability.

Comment

Check these reports out:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99D0HG20131014

When I first heard about this I thought it was good news for us Cord Cutters, but now that I have read the report it sounds like the company in this report is going the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                        Check these reports out:

When I first heard about this I thought it was good news for us Cord Cutters, but now that I have read the report it sounds like the company in this report is going the opposite direction.
                        Yes, I read this but I suspect that they're going to use the company in far different ways than they are normally used to doing.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                          Check these reports out:

From what I could gather, Netflix is just looking to expand it's footprint, which is a good thing. The more places Netflix can be used, the more money (in theory) they will generate, which will increase the amount they can invest into both licensed and original content.

One place that, thus far, has been impossible for them to get onto is cable boxes, simply because cable/satellite companies despise Netflix.

Cord cutters have no reason to be alarmed. In fact, being a cord cutter is more attractive than it's ever been. Aside from live sports, there is nothing available via cable/satellite that isn't readily available online.

Comment

Working...
                          X