Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

"The Mummy" DVD resulted in "Unable to identify this disc"
    This was part of the "The Mummy Collector's Set" UPC 025192829925.
    The other two movies in the set were recognized successfully. The DVD plays fine and shows up as "MUMMY169" on my DVD drive and I can access the disc.id file (PCFriendly) and VIDEO_TS files without issues.

Comment

Rock of Ages (Extended Edition) was just added to D2D, but it recognized my Blu-ray as a DVD.

Comment

The Godfather Part III bluray from the Coppola restoration 4 pack 097361386447 shows up as Godfather 1 DVD, it even has the words bluray in it but then has DVD after it.

Batman (1989) 883929107018 bluray shows as DVD

Comment

Anyone else having issues with the Transformers [Blu-ray] with VuduToGo? The disc appears to be recognized properly as a Blu-ray in V2G and the only available resolution option is HDX for $2.00. However, after clicking on the HDX button the title shows up in the cart as "Transformers [Blu-ray] - DVD" and the resolution is changed to SD.

Comment

The Shadow Riders does not work with Vudu TOGO, but does work with CinemaNow.

Comment

Unable to identify this disc

Saturday Night Fever Blu Ray UPC 883929300822
              Bonnie And Clyde Blu Ray UPC 883929113378

There was a problem while verifying this disc

Predator 2 Blu Ray UPC 02454358911280
              Hero (1992) DVD 2 Sided UPC 043396515697
              A Soldier Story DVD 2 Sided UPC 043396040892
              Everyone's Hero DVD 2 Sided UPC - 024543404910
              ...And Justice For All DVD UPC - 043396058194
              The Last Dragon DVD UPC 043396059856

Mapping issue
              The Exorcist blu UPC 883929007691 (Extended Director's Cut identified incorrectly as Theatrical version)

Comment

The following blu ray's recognize as the dvd improperly:
                Pitch Black - UPC : 025195055901
                Conan the Barbarian - UPC : 025195055512
                Fifth Element - UPC : 043396215207

This dvd is not recognized:
                Snitch - UPC : 025192190605

Thankyou,

Comment

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (UPC 0 25192 08326 6) comes up Saw 6

Comment

Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie [Blu-ray] (0-12236-11372-0) - Unable to identify this disc
                    Littlest Angel, The (2011) [Blu-ray] (0-13132-49749-5) - Unable to identify thia disc
                    Prince of Darkness [Blu-ray] (8-26663-14300-3) - Unable to identify this disc
                    Psycho II [Blu-ray] (8-26663-14289-1) - Unable to identify this disc

Comment

So we've created another large list with the requested details, however it doesn't seem like much progress has been made on fixing these mapping issues.

Is there a plan for rolling-out improvements? 10 titles per week? Monthly releases to the look-up database? Firing GraceNote and hiring Rovi?

Rovi seems to recognize every disc that I insert into my blu-ray drive. This includes blu-rays, which aren't eligible on that platform.

The request for re-posting the problems implied a renewed focus on fixes. However, there's been little apparent progress and no published plan.

Comment

Originally posted by olarmy96 View Post
                        So we've created another large list with the requested details, however it doesn't seem like much progress has been made on fixing these mapping issues.

Is there a plan for rolling-out improvements? 10 titles per week? Monthly releases to the look-up database? Firing GraceNote and hiring Rovi?

Rovi seems to recognize every disc that I insert into my blu-ray drive. This includes blu-rays, which aren't eligible on that platform.

The request for re-posting the problems implied a renewed focus on fixes. However, there's been little apparent progress and no published plan.
                        I can report that the Blu-Rays for Swordfish (showed as The Road Warrior) and The Road Warrior (not identified) are now working properly, so there is some progress. It would be nice to get updates, though.

Comment

Originally posted by olarmy96 View Post

5 of the discs I reported on page 1 of this thread were fixed, so that's 5 more than were ever fixed in the other thread. The ones that were not fixed were either discs that it had to manually verify or incorrectly mapped discs that I could not report through the program because I already owned the wrong title.

Comment

Just a question: Why wouldn't we add our errors to the errors spreadsheet on this thread: Direct-to-Digital list and other utilities (Error Tracker, Redemption Log) ?

Wouldn't it be easier to make sure something isn't double posted and search through to find when fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by jpc430 View Post
                              Just a question: Why wouldn't we add our errors to the errors spreadsheet on this thread: Direct-to-Digital list and other utilities (Error Tracker, Redemption Log) ?

Wouldn't it be easier to make sure something isn't double posted and search through to find when fixed?
                              I was but originally it appeared I was adding the bulk of the movies and it was much easier for me to just use my own spreadsheet. I need to go back and clean up my entries in the spreadsheet you linked to. There are also a bunch of duplicates that others have added in that spreadsheet and titles which aren't even eligible for D2D listed which has cluttered it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                                I was but originally it appeared I was adding the bulk of the movies and it was much easier for me to just use my own spreadsheet. I need to go back and clean up my entries in the spreadsheet you linked to. There are also a bunch of duplicates that others have added in that spreadsheet and titles which aren't even eligible for D2D listed which has cluttered it up.
                                Gotcha. I added a few a while back (though incorrectly, didn't realize you were supposed to use the form), because for a while I didn't even know it existed and lost my old list of ones that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X