Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issues with D2D with newer movies on the list

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
    Flixster and Vudu are 2 separate companies with 2 completely different eligibility lists. They do have a lot of the same titles but they are nowhere near 100% the same. Vudu tends to have the most up to date list but it's home software is still in BETA so a lot of the newer titles will not read. Like the person above me said, you can still take them to walmart and add them that way in the meantime. The other services like Flixster and Cinemanow do not have in store services and do not have very up to date lists so there is no way to get copies of newer titles through them short of redeeming codes or paying full retail.
    Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that the D2D lists are different for Vudu and Flixster, I thought that would be driven by the Movie Distributors, and UltraViolet.

Comment

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Received a message that the movie is not available for D2D conversion, when IN FACT IT IS ELIGIBLE FOR D2D CONVERSION.

Movie: When Did You Last See Your Father? (DVD, 043396261624)

Comment

Are you guys ever going to get the Jurassic Park Trilogy Blu-rays fixed? I sure would love to add them but it still says it can't recognize the titles. There's been several reports of this but they still haven't been added. Please switch to a different provider. Gracenote sucks. I have a Sony Blu-ray changer & I quit using it because of Gracenote. If they ever do fix something it takes forever.

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (0 2519208996 1)
        Jurassic Park
        Jurassic Park: The Lost World
        Jurassic Park III

Comment

Really hope we get some kind of update to the at home app or something soon. It's getting REALLY old having all these discs that are supposed to work, not work. I've spent alot of time and money with the vudu at home app. I'm like most everyone here, can't stand having to go to walmart and really can't stand having to go there just for this service. They need a d2d kiosk or whatever so we don't have to deal with the employee's who usually don't know what in the world you are talking about. I've set the alarm off walking into walmart with some of my discs before. Really embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
            Still not working:
            Blade Runner (883929255467) - Discs 1 and 2 map to Final Cut. No option to buy theatrical

Would REALLY love it if some of these were fixed before the end of the period next month
            Blade Runner is still only allowing the Final Cut. No option for the Theatrical or Directors Cut, which I believe says can be done. Walmart would be the only way I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bilditup1 View Post
              From my six movie "Avengers" boxed set, UPC unknown:
              • 'Thor' and 'Iron Man' were not recognized.
              • 'The Avengers' got the 'had a problem recognizing this disc' error.
              • 'Captain America: The First Avenger' and 'Iron Man 2' were recognized as Blurays from other sets, but were not eligible.
              • 'The Incredible Hulk' was both recognized and eligible.
              While it is a bug/database error if they aren't recognized, they are Marvel titles, meaning Disney, so we aren't getting any UV licenses from those @#$%. Likely will never be eligible (never being in foreseeable future)

Comment

Originally posted by bilditup1 View Post
                Really? One more thing: if you have a title on DVD and register it with the cart, but then realize you have the Bluray, remove the DVD from the cart, and add the Bluray, then - even if the cart recognizes the Bluray and gives you the option to buy the movie for $2, the cart will recognize this as you selecting the SD option for the earlier DVD (which is the same price - $2). I am hesitant to buy the two films I had this happen to ("Pulp Fiction" and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") as I don't want to be stuck with an SD version.
                This is a very irritating thing that you can work around but there is no way you would ever find out about it without reading this thread. The net is that if you add something to the cart and then delete it, it is hidden in some other cart you can't see in the app and for some reason never lets you select the HD version.

You can clear your cart from the web and then the HD version will add correctly. http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html

Comment

I hope the beta program promo does not end on its current listed date, as obviously, it is not ready for prime time yet. I have at least 10 discs that are in the program, but will not recognize properly (A titles too).

Comment

Additional disc issue. It doesn't appear to be available via UV yet but the disc should be recognized regardless.

Robocop - UPC 883904306894 - "There was a problem recognizing this disc"

Comment

Ocean's Twelve is now mapping correctly. Incase anyone is interested.

Still Mapping Incorrectly
                      Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (Blu-ray) --> Underworld
                      Matrix Revolution (Blu-ray) --> Matrix

Comment

Originally posted by marine92104 View Post
                        Are you guys ever going to get the Jurassic Park Trilogy Blu-rays fixed? I sure would love to add them but it still says it can't recognize the titles. There's been several reports of this but they still haven't been added. Please switch to a different provider. Gracenote sucks. I have a Sony Blu-ray changer & I quit using it because of Gracenote. If they ever do fix something it takes forever.

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (0 2519208996 1)
                        Jurassic Park
                        Jurassic Park: The Lost World
                        Jurassic Park III
                        I recently contacted Universal at the link below and asked them to convert my unused DC codes contained within the JP trilogy bluray set and they sent me new UV codes for each movie. It took about 2-3 days for response but very happy camper. I listed my old DC codes within the email.

Universal UV Support

Comment

Eyes Wide Shut (1999) [Blu-ray] (0-85391-15687-1) is now correctly identified.

Comment

More Warner issues

Goodfellas [Blu Ray]
                            Trading Places [Blu Ray]
                            V For Vendetta [Blu Ray]

All recognize as DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by mjg87 View Post
                              More Warner issues

Goodfellas [Blu Ray]
                              Trading Places [Blu Ray]
                              V For Vendetta [Blu Ray]

All recognize as DVDs
                              Include you UPC if you would as both of my Goodfellas and V for Vendatta Blu ray's were recognized correctly for me.

Comment

Here's my list

Name: Babylon 5 - The Movie Collection
                                Disc :5 Disc DVD Set
                                UPC :0 85393 34372 9

Name: Firefly - The Complete Series
                                Disc : 4 Disc DVD Set
                                UPC : 0 24543 08929 2
                                Error : Reads as Serenity

Name: Crusade - The Complete Series
                                Disc : 3 Disc DVD Set
                                UPC : 0 85393 97202 8

Name: Gamera Trilopy