Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
    The UPC won't change much. Could you send me your account email address in a PM?
    Sure.

Also, some of the titles are hard to report with corrections because you can't tell which listing is the "Theatrical" or "Unrated", etc. In those cases I just reported the correction with each of the available listings since I couldn't tell which was which. It would be nice if the version of a film was listed with the entry in the D2D app search for manually reporting corrections.

-edit-
    Also, did you see my Questions 1 & 2?

-edit 2-
    It would appear, after checking again, the Beowulf is not available yet in the "Director's Cut" version. So that can be moved to my requests list.

Additions:

DVD Problems - Wrong Title Recognized:
    • Taken (Theatrical) - DVD Title Incorrectly Detected as Extended Cut ONLY when both versions are on the DVD!

Requests - Alternate Versions of Titles that are Otherwise Already Available Through D2D:
    • Beowulf (Director's Cut)
    • Taken (Extended Cut)
    Last edited by mackn; 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM. Reason: edits

Comment

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (keep case DVD) = Unable to verify this disc

Comment

Not sure this is the right place to report these... Looking through the D2D search list, I found that these are available for D2D but only available for DVD even though all of these are on Blu-ray: (And some are only available in SD through D2D.)
        • 3 Extremes ("Saam gaang yi") (2004)
        • The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated)
        • Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Unrated)
        • Apocalypse Now (Redux)
        • Blade Runner (Theatrical)
        • Dark City (Director's Cut)
        • Halloween II (2009) (Remake) (Unrated Director's Cut)
        • House on Haunted Hill (1959) (Original)
        • Now, Voyager
        • Prom Night (2008) (Unrated)
        • Psycho (1960)
        • Richard Pryor: Here and Now (1983)
        • Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Unrated)
        • Tremors 2
        • Tremors 3
        • Tremors 4
        • The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008) (Special Extended Edition)

Many of these have been tested by my Sister on Blu-ray and they didn't work. I will ask her which ones specifically so I can report her email and the list of titles to a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          Some incoming fixes:

Reads as the DVD:
          Hellboy II: The Golden Army
          The Untouchables (Special Collector's Edition)
          The Running Man
          The Breakfast Club
          Blazing Saddles
          The Shining
          The Hunt For Red October
          Top Gun
          Beetlejuice
          The Big Lebowski
          If I register The Shining as SD now (HDX button redeems as SD) will it automatically be converted to HDX or should I wait?

Comment

The Lives of Others blu-ray redeems as SD

Comment

Originally posted by ybloc View Post
              If I register The Shining as SD now (HDX button redeems as SD) will it automatically be converted to HDX or should I wait?
              Wait. There is no auto upgrading with Vudu per reps in these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by ybloc View Post
                The Lives of Others blu-ray redeems as SD
                That sucks, but it's not an error. Vudu only has it SD at the moment.

Comment

I know some movies are only available in SD even when doing D2D from Blu-ray. When this is the case, will I get upgraded to HDX for free if they ever become available in HDX? So, based on the above comments, it sounds like that is a no?

Comment

Originally posted by mackn View Post
                    I know some movies are only available in SD even when doing D2D from Blu-ray. When this is the case, will I get upgraded to HDX for free if they ever become available in HDX? So, based on the above comments, it sounds like that is a no?
                    That's correct. There's not an auto-upgrade feature in Vudu. It's been requested before (a lot) on these boards but I'm guessing it's not feasible for Vudu to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                      That's correct. There's not an auto-upgrade feature in Vudu. It's been requested before (a lot) on these boards but I'm guessing it's not feasible for Vudu to do that.
                      Ok, thank you for confirming that. If I add the movies now and they add HDX for them later, do you know if a support ticket will do the trick? If so, I'll add them now. If not, I'll just wait.

Thanks again!

Comment

Does the Bourne Legacy Blu ray work on D2D? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                          Wait. There is no auto upgrading with Vudu per reps in these forums.
                          I think the answer varies depending on what rep gets your case. If I ask similar questions about 3 different movies to 3 different reps, I always get completely different answers. Most of the time it works out the reps are helpful in the end, but sometimes the different answers get confusing. My latest issue was trying to get The Eagle switched from Theatrical to Unrated because the BluRay still reads as Theatrical. I was told that this can not be done now, even though it was a common practice in the past if the Unrated version was supposed to be available.

All in all, I love the service and the reps have been very helpful, I just can't wait until all of the bugs get worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by wvblueandgold View Post
                            I think the answer varies depending on what rep gets your case. If I ask similar questions about 3 different movies to 3 different reps, I always get completely different answers. Most of the time it works out the reps are helpful in the end, but sometimes the different answers get confusing. My latest issue was trying to get The Eagle switched from Theatrical to Unrated because the BluRay still reads as Theatrical. I was told that this can not be done now, even though it was a common practice in the past if the Unrated version was supposed to be available.

All in all, I love the service and the reps have been very helpful, I just can't wait until all of the bugs get worked out.
                            He asked about auto upgrading though. That's what I was answering. There is no auto upgrade for vudu. You may get a rep after the fact who will upgrade it but it's ymmv. Auto upgrade is a definite no though.

Comment

Jason and the Argonauts (DVD) = This disc could not be verified.

Comment

DISC TO DIGITAL CONVERSION PROBLEMS

While converting Blu-Ray to Digital on the VUDU website the following problems occur:
                                - Insidious Blu-Ray not recognized for conversion, however it is in the VUDU Library.
                                - The following Blu-Ray movies are not recognized and only converts to SD: The Thing (1982), The Notebook, Taxi Driver, Cloverfield, Mandingo, State of Play. How long before an update?

Comment

Working...
                                X