Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Behind Enemy Lines (DVD) 0 24543 03803 0 reads as Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia. That's the only one out of about 500 that I've had map incorrectly. I have the known issue with the double sided Warner Bros. movies from the late 1990s with about 30 others.

Comment

4 months later and I'm still getting error messages

After 4 months I am still experiencing errors on the below movies. I've also noticed that with some movies, when I cancel out of an error message and try loading the disc again the DVD is recognized and brought up for conversion/purchase - or - I get a different error message. I've also noticed that on dual sided discs one side will not be recognized, but the other side will be, and if you have a 2-disc set the DVD with the movies is not recognized, but the 2nd disc with all the extras brings up the movie for conversion/purchase.

I get this error message for the following movies:
      "This disc is not eligible for Disc to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later." (These are on the Disc-to-Digital list for conversion.)

Tom Thumb
      Gilda (1946)
      The Bible Collection: Esther (I get this message after trying a second time).

"There was a communication error while verifying this disc. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again."

April in Paris, Pajama Game (it doesn?t show up on the conversion list, but I still get an error message).
      That Lady in Ermine
      My Man Godfrey (when I tried a second time I received a message that the Criterion version of this movie was not eligible ? my movie is not a Criterion product).
      Snow White and the Three Stooges
      Affair in Trinidad
      Land of the Pharaohs
      Annie Oakley
      The Prodigal
      The Colossus of Rhodes
      Revenge of the Creature (when I cancel and try again it comes up as Creature from the Black Lagoon. I have Universal Horror Legacy Collection ? 2-movies per disc).
      Tristan and Isolde
      The Bible Collection: Esther
      Murder By Death
      Ball of Fire
      Who?s Minding the Mint
      Nick of Time
      Samson and Delilah
      Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines

"Unable to identify this disc. Please type in the name of the movie you are trying to convert. Thank you!
      We are in the process of manually verifying your disc. We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete.
      For instant conversion you may take this disc to your nearest Walmart store."

The Kissing Bandit
      A Date With Judy
      Higher and Higher
      Double Dynamite
      Step Lively
      Deep in My Heart (1954)
      Fancy Pants
      Critic?s Choice
      Too Many Girls
      The Big Street
      Dance, Girl, Dance (1940)
      Do Not Disturb (1965)
      Teacher?s Pet (1958)
      Artists and Models
      Who?s Minding the Mint?
      A Woman?s Face
      Flamingo Road
      Torch Song
      Daisy Kenyon
      Band of Angels
      Affair in Trinidad
      Land of the Pharaohs
      Annie Oakley
      The Prodigal
      The Colossus of Rhodes
      Houdini (1953)
      Revenge of the creature
      Murderer?s Row
      Deep in my heart
      That Lady in Ermine
      Here Comes Mr. Jordan
      Artists and Models
      The Kissing Bandit
      Home from the Hill

"There was a problem while verifying this disc."

Pal Joey
      Bye Bye Birdie
      Snow White and the Three Stooges (get this message when I try a second time)
      Picnic
      The Sea Wolves
      Hart to Hart Till Death Do Us Hart
      Anaconda (dual sided disc).
      Tristan and Isolde (I get this message when trying a second time)
      First Knight
      Cocoon the Return
      Mars Attacks
      Samson and Delilah (Cecile B. DeMille)
      Eraser
      Tootsie
      Mrs. Winterbourne
      No Way Out
      Maverick
      Roxanne
      The Avengers
      Coma
      It Could Happen To You
      The Mask of Zorro
      The Deep
      A Room With A View
      The Thirteenth Floor

"Unable to identify disc."

Road to Singapore
      Road to Zanzibar
      Road to Morocco
      Road to Utopia (these movies are on a dual sided disc with 2-movies per side).
      Jaws 3
      Call Me Mrs. Miracle
      Trading Christmas
      Salome (1953)
      Susannah of the Mounties
      The Littlest Rebel

I get the below error message for the following movies, as well. These movies do not come up in the ?Convert DVD? list, but they are for purchase and I do own these and would really like to add them to my disk-to-digital collection.
      "Unable to identify this disc. Please type in the name of the movie you are trying to convert. Thank you!
      We are in the process of manually verifying your disc. We will contact you as soon as the verification is complete. For instant conversion you may take this disc to your nearest Walmart store."

? The Swan
      ? Bundle of Joy
      ? Susan Slept Here
      ? The Reluctant Debutante
      ? The Opposite Sex 1956
      ? Anna Karenina (Vivien Leigh)
      ? Every Girl Should Be Married
      ? When Ladies Meet
      ? The Glass Slipper

Movies on the disc-to-digital list but brings up other movies:

1. Roberta brings up Shall We Dance, Top Hat, The Barkleys of Broadway, Swing Time, Follow the Fleet, The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle. After canceling and trying again, the following error text came up: ?There was a communication error while verifying this disc. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again.?
      2. Murderer?s Rows ? brings up The Silencers
      3. Revenge of the Creature brings up ?The Creature from the Black Lagoon?
      4. Hart to Hart Returns brings up The Closer
      5. Hart to Hart Home is Where the Hart Is brings up Matchstick Men
      6. Hart to Hart Crimes of the Hart brings up Red Dragon
      7. Hart to Hart Old Friends Never Die brings up Matchstick Men
      8. Hart to Hart Secrets of the Hart brings up Matchstick Men
      9. Hart to Hart Two Harts in Three-Quarter Time brings up Monster House
      10. Hart to Hart Harts in High Season brings up Matchstick Men
      11. Spartacus brings up The Shining
      12. Tremors 2 Aftershocks brings up Tremors (dual sided disc)

Comment

Registered with the forum so I could post this.

I notice this movie was mentioned earlier but I'm having difficulty with it tonight.
        Getting the dreaded "There as a problem while verifying this disc."

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
        DVD
        Special Collector's Edition
        "Widescreen Collection"
        Copyright 2004

I tried about 6 times tonight at 1:05-1:15 AM Central time, March 3rd, 2014. The other 5 films in this same collection did just fine (Star Trek I-V) and are now on my Vudu account in upgraded HDX. These films were packaged and sold individually, but they have matching silver boxes and design.

Comment

A few issues i've had...

Green Hornet - comes up as Saw
          The Great White Hype - DVD unknown
          Beverly Hills Ninja - DVD unknown
          Duplex - DVD unknown

I also have a few Video Store movies i've bought... not sure if these should work, but these don't. All are unknown.

Simpsons Movie
          The Watch
          The delimina

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
            What's interesting is the inhomedvd.exe (TOCGEN) app can read the discs even if the V2G has a problem verifying a disc. I'm curious how Vudu is using this executable and associated dll.
            Please create another thread for this if you wish to discuss it further. Try to keep this thread as error reporting only please.

Comment

Star Trek Blue Ray's not recognized

Star Trek collector's edition all 10 Star Trek Movies on Blu Ray did not convert properly

When the Blu Ray disk was put in it identified properly and HD was selected but when the "discount" applied after the 10th item everything changed and now says DVD and is charging EXTRA for HD.

Star Trek The Motion Picture kept it's Blu Ray status and converted properly but the remaining movies did NOT keep their Blu Ray Status. They all read as DVD.

I checked the disks 3 times. They ALL say Blu Ray.

I was charged $12.00 more than I should have been charged. How do I get a refund?

Comment

I have not been watching

Star Trek IV : The Voyage Home.

how to get it ?????????

Comment

The Following Movies are not recognized
                  Puss In Boots (both dvd And Blu Ray)
                  Escape plan (Both Dvd and Blu ray)
                  Paranormal Activity 2 (Bluy Ray)

Comment

Re: Star Trek Blue Ray's not recognized

Originally posted by smsdavis View Post
                    Star Trek collector's edition all 10 Star Trek Movies on Blu Ray did not convert properly

When the Blu Ray disk was put in it identified properly and HD was selected but when the "discount" applied after the 10th item everything changed and now says DVD and is charging EXTRA for HD.

Star Trek The Motion Picture kept it's Blu Ray status and converted properly but the remaining movies did NOT keep their Blu Ray Status. They all read as DVD.

I checked the disks 3 times. They ALL say Blu Ray.

I was charged $12.00 more than I should have been charged. How do I get a refund?
                    I would recommend opening up a ticket with support to request the refund

Comment

In using the VUDUToGo (v2.1.0) application for Mac (specifically, running under MacOS X 10.6.8) for the past couple weeks, here are some issues and observations that I have run across...

1) VTG improperly recognizes Blu-ray format disc as the DVD format version (of the SAME title movie), does not offer "Own HDX $2.00" option (but instead offers the "Own HDX $5.00" format upgrade option...and I did ALSO take the time to properly identify and report this issue with the below titles issue using VTG's built-in "Not your disc?" link.)

Affected title(s):
                      12 Monkeys (Blu-ray) 025192032141
                      American History X (Blu-ray) 794043128172
                      Dawn of the Dead (Blu-ray) 025192108006
                      Nacho Libre (Blu-ray) 097361197340

2) Blu-ray -> HDX error (no message): VTG properly recognizes Blu-ray format disc and offers "Own HDX $2.00" option, same title then displays as DVD/SD version in "Order Summary" page.

Affected title(s):
                      Batman Begins (Blu-ray) 085391115212
                      Bank Job, The (Blu-ray) 057373200889
                      Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray) 715515095310
                      Forrest Gump (Blu-ray) 097360715941

3) Disc recognition error message: "Unable to identify this disc" (I did ALSO correctly identify the below titles using VTG's built-in reporting process.)

Affected title(s):
                      Ghostbusters (Blu-ray) 043396249462
                      Machete (Blu-ray) 02454371848280

4) Disc recognition error message: "There was a problem while verifying this disc."

Affected title(s):
                      Forbidden Kingdom, The (DVD) 03139810113000
                      Game, The (DVD) 044004783521
                      Simpsons, The: Movie (DVD) 02454348433250
                      Total Recall (DVD) 312236043905

5) Disc eligibility recognition error message: "This disc is not eligible for Disc to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later."

Affected title(s):
                      Charlie's Angels (DVD) 043396060173

6) Blu-ray recognition glitch message: "Select the movie you would like to convert" appears. Selecting EITHER (of 2 available options) appears to yield SAME correctly recognized disc, selecting "Own HDX $2.00" option properly yields the Blu-ray/HDX version in "Order Summary" page. (I am identifying this glitch simply because perhaps these are multiple identical listings and one of them should be deleted in favor of just having one correct listing.)

Affected title(s):
                      The Crow (Blu-ray) 03139814240980

PLEASE let me know if I could elaborate upon any of the above or be of any further assistance in getting these issues resolved!

All the best!

-A.S.
                      Last edited by Albe Sure; 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM. Reason: Fixed a VUDU forum character recognition issue with an ellipsis (by switching to three periods, instead).

Comment

All of the following are reading as DVD rather than Blu-ray:

Batman (1989)
                        Batman & Robin
                        Field of Dreams
                        Hulk
                        The Incredible Hulk
                        Sleepy Hollow
                        Van Helsing
                        Watchmen (though it is the Director's Cut so that may be the issue)

In addition, the Blu-rays of Blues Brothers 2000 and The Shadow are not recognized at all.

Thanks!

Comment

Inserted Chronicles of Riddick (BluRay) for D2D and it registered it as a DVD, any ideas on how to switch this so I don't have to pay the $5 conversion charge?

Comment

Re: 4 months later and I'm still getting error messages

Originally posted by Old Movie Buff View Post
                            "Unable to identify disc."

Road to Singapore
                            Road to Zanzibar
                            Road to Morocco
                            Road to Utopia (these movies are on a dual sided disc with 2-movies per side).
                            This single dual-sided disc is actually called "On the Road With Bob Hope and Bing Crosby Franchise Collection". The individual single disc releases from Universal in 2002 work fine. These are also included in the 4-disc "Bob Hope Tribute Collection - The Road Show Series".

Comment

The Bellboy (Jerry Lewis, DVD) = Unable to identify this disc

The other disc in the set, The Delicate Delinquent, identifies just fine.

Comment

All movies are blu ray unless noted in parenthesis.

The following MOVIES are unable to identify this disc:

BAD TEACHER:UNRATED (UPC: 043396385740)
                                BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE (BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE 1 & 2 UPC: 024543730996)
                                BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE 2 (BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE 1 & 2 UPC: 024543730996)
                                BROKEN ARROW (UPC: 024543414377)
                                BROKEN CITY (UPC: 024543832645)
                                CASINO (UPC: 025195045643)
                                FRANTIC (THRILLER DOUBLE FEATURE W/ PRESUMED INNOCENT UPC: 883929106370)
                                FRIGHT NIGHT 2: NEW BLOOD UNRATED (DVD) UPC: 024543864301
                                GHOSTBUSTERS (UPC: 043396249462)
                                GRUMPIER OLD MEN (COMEDY DOUBLE FEATURE W/ GRUMPY OLD MEN UPC: 883929106387)
                                GRUMPY OLD MEN (COMEDY DOUBLE FEATURE W/ GRUMPIER OLD MEN UPC: 883929106387)
                                HOLLOW MAN (DOUBLE FEATURE W/ HOLLOW MAN 2 UPC: 683904631039)
                                HOLLOW MAN 2 (DOUBLE FEATURE W/ HOLLOW MAN UPC: 683904631039)
                                HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE (DOUBLE FEATURE W/ HUDSON HAWK UPC: 683904631091)
                                JACKASS 3 UNRATED (DVD) (UPC: 097363559542)
                                KILL THE IRISHMAN (UPC: 013132219899)
                                MACHETE (UPC: 024543718482)
                                MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME (MAD MAX TRILOGY UPC: 883929266661)
                                MELTDOWN (DVD) (UPC: 043396065949)
                                NEXT OF KIN (UPC: 883929239597)
                                NO STRINGS ATTACHED (UPC: 097361439242)
                                ROAD TRIP (UPC: 883929300792)
                                SCARFACE (UPC: 025192107238)
                                SET UP (UPC: 031398142287)
                                SEVEN (UPC: 794043144530)
                                STEALTH (DOUBLE FEATURE W/ VERTICAL LIMIT UPC: 683904631183)
                                STREET KINGS (DVD) (UPC: 024543527503)
                                THE CRAFT (UPC: 043396265301)
                                THE EAGLE (UPC: 025192108396)
                                THE LAST BOY SCOUT (ACTION DOUBLE FEATURE W/ LAST MAN STANDING UPC: 883929118694)
                                THE PROPHECY 3: THE ASCENT (THE PROPHECY: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION UPC: 096009042011)
                                THE ROAD WARRIOR (MAD MAX TRILOGY UPC: 883929266661)
                                TIGERLAND (UPC: 024543711599)
                                TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (UPC: 097361445540)
                                VERTICAL LIMIT (DOUBLE FEATURE W/ STEALTH UPC: 683904631183)

The following MOVIES There was an/a error/problem while verifying this disc:

BEDAZZLED (UPC:013132606064)
                                FATHER'S DAY (DVD) (TRIPLE FEATURE W/ FORGET PARIS, MY GIANT UPC: 012569750531)
                                HOW THE WEST WAS WON (TRIPLE FEATURE W/ THE SEARCHERS, THE WILD BUNCH UPC: 883929231607)
                                JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (UPC: 794043157936)
                                LIFE (DVD) (EDDIE MURPHY 4-MOVIE SPOTLIGHT SERIES ON DISC W/ BOWFINGER UPC: 025192201073)
                                LIFE OF PI (UPC: 024543838319)
                                MISS CONGENIALITY (COMEDY DOUBLE FEATURE W/ MISS CONGENIALITY 2 UPC: 883929106356)
                                MISS CONGENIALITY 2 (COMEDY DOUBLE FEATURE W/ MISS CONGENIALITY UPC: 883929106356)
                                PREDATOR 2 (UPC: 024543589112)
                                SNATCH (DVD) (UPC: 043396015661)

The following MOVIES were read as DVD'S:

ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY UNRATED (UPC: 097361314242)
                                BACKDRAFT (UPC: 025192108044)
                                ENEMY AT THE GATES (UPC: 097361429144)
                                GOODFELLAS (UPC: 883929095971)
                                THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN UNRATED (UPC: 025195045841)
                                THE INCREDIBLE HULK (UPC: 025195041331)
                                THE ISLAND (UPC: 883929301973)
                                TRUE GRIT (1969) (UPC: 097360829341)

The following MOVIES were read as wrong discs:

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE: ULTIMATE MISSIONS COLLECTION UPC: 5051368205038) = MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: III
                                PASSENGER 57 (UPC: 883929291298) = GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT
                                THE LEGEND OF ZORRO (UPC: 043396227347)= THE MASK OF ZORRO

JET LI'S CONTRACT KILLER (UPC: 043396065994) says disc not eligible for D2D but is listed as available.

Comment

Working...
                                X