Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
    Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (097361427546): Though each disc is nominally correct, the selection of movies offered varies by disc:
    • The discs for movies I & V, as well as the bonus disc, offer all 6 films in the set.
    • The disc for movie III offers II, III or IV.
    • The discs for movies II, IV & VI offer only themselves.
    (This may affect other BD releases of the first six Star Trek films, including individual editions, the "Motion Picture Trilogy" release of movies II, III & IV, and the more recent "Stardate Collection" with all of the first 10 films.)
    I don't think that's an error. That was their fix for the discs all recognizing as part 4. They do that every once in a while where they will assign a disc from a box set to read as multi titles.

Comment

Does anyone know how long these generally take to be fixed? I reported a lot a while back. A small batch of them were fixed surprisingly quickly. None of the rest that I've reported have been fixed yet. For most of those, it has been weeks and still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
        I don't think that's an error. That was their fix for the discs all recognizing as part 4. They do that every once in a while where they will assign a disc from a box set to read as multi titles.
        The problem is it's inconsistent: Either map all the discs to all the movies (like LOTR), or else map each disc to just its movie (like the TNG movie set). Here you have three discs mapped to all six movies, one mapped to three of the movies, and three mapped to only one movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Stackfan View Post
          A few issues i've had...

Green Hornet - comes up as Saw
          The Great White Hype - DVD unknown
          Beverly Hills Ninja - DVD unknown
          Duplex - DVD unknown

I also have a few Video Store movies i've bought... not sure if these should work, but these don't. All are unknown.

Simpsons Movie
          The Watch
          The delimina

Thanks
          any update?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
            The problem is it's inconsistent: Either map all the discs to all the movies (like LOTR), or else map each disc to just its movie (like the TNG movie set). Here you have three discs mapped to all six movies, one mapped to three of the movies, and three mapped to only one movie...
            Don't see why it's an issue, more options the better.

Comment

Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray) - There was a problem while verifying this disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                Don't see why it's an issue, more options the better.
                I agree. At least the movies identify now. I'd rather have that than the way they were before with 80% of them reading as part 4.

Comment

The Bodyguard (Blu-ray, 883929223060): Misidentified as DVD.
                  Truth or Dare (Blu-ray, 031398150473): Unable to identify this disc.
                  A League of Their Own (Blu-ray, 043396392717): Unable to identify this disc.
                  The Lion of Judah (Blu-ray 3D, 883929222858): Unable to identify this disc.
                  Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (Blu-ray, 031398171393): Unable to identify this disc.

Edit:
                  Blues Brothers 2000 (Blu-ray, 025192115110): There was a problem while verifying this disc.
                  Last edited by RBBrittain; 03-17-2014, 06:35 PM. Reason: Expand

Comment

I've been reporting most of these for a while now and so far none of these are fixed yet.

I generally buy in bulk so from my thousands of movies I tend to have tons of duplicates. Plus I love to get different versions of lots of movies. (Director's Cut, Theatrical, etc.) Even with all the different copies that I have, I'm still having trouble with these. And I haven't even gone to my next batch. I'm trying to wait until I get most of these working before I move on. Unfortunately, going to Walmart is not a very viable option for me so I generally have to wait for fixes to the at-home D2D.

I have tested and reported (when possible) all of these from the at-home D2D app again in the last few days.

Blu-ray: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..."
                    • Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Theatrical) - Blu-ray: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." This release contains both Theatrical and Unrated versions! - 0 32429 12949 9

Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified
                    • Underworld (Unrated) - Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified as DVD Theatrical! - 0 43396 21614 3
                    • 40-Year-Old Virgin, The (Unrated) - Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified as DVD! - NO Blu-ray option in-app to report! - 0 25195 04584 1
                    • Psycho - 1960 - Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified as DVD! - NO Blu-ray option in-app to report! - 0 25192 04682 7
                    • Any Given Sunday (Director's Cut) - Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - NO Blu-ray option for Director's Cut in-app to report! - 8 83929 03517 5
                    • Watchmen (Director's Cut) - Blu-ray: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - NO Blu-ray option for Director's Cut in-app to report! - 8 83929 05805 1

Blu-ray: Title only identified as one version when the release has multiple versions (This may be the case for some of those listed above. I don't always see when multiple versions are included.)
                    • Dark City (Director's Cut) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as DVD Theatrical but this release has both versions! - NO Blu-ray option for Director's Cut in-app to report! - 7 94043 12292 7
                    • American Reunion (Theatrical) - 2012 - Blu-ray: Title only identified as DVD Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 11407 6
                    • Fast Five (Theatrical) - 2011 - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Extended but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 10719 1
                    • Blade Runner (Theatrical) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Final Cut but this release has both versions! - NO option to report since I already have Final Cut! (This release also contains three other not-yet available D2D versions: International Version; Workprint; and Director's Cut) - 0 85391 18574 1
                    • Taken (Extended) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 55469 1
                    • Apocalypse Now (Redux) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - NO Blu-ray option for Redux in-app to report! -
                    • Your Highness (Theatrical) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - NO option to report since I already have Unrated! - 0 25192 04424 3
                    • A-Team, The (Theatrical) - Blu-ray: Title only identified as Unrated Extended Cut but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 70153 8 80

DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc."
                    • 310 to Yuma - 1957 - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 07760 7
                    • Borat - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 41969 3
                    • Fright Night - 1985 - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 05629 9
                    • Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Theatrical) - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 32429 12952 9
                    • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 56775 09389 1
                    • Monty Python: And Now for Something Completely Different - 1971 - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." -
                    • Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 7 94043 46522 2
                    • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 2007 - DVD: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH Sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 24543 47077 9 51

DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..."
                    • 3 Extremes ("Saam gaang yi") - 2004 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 17801 00
                    • 310 to Yuma - 1957 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 7 15515 10571 2
                    • Battle for the Planet of the Apes - 1973 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 22803 5
                    • Eye, The - 2008 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 24062 4 00
                    • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 7 98622 31332 4
                    • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (TV Movie) - 2002 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 04967 5
                    • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (TV Movie) - 2002 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 27616 89655 1
                    • Return of the Fly - 1959 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." -
                    • She's Out of Control - 1989 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." -
                    • Shrek: The Musical - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 87269 6 80
                    • Smurfs, The - 2011 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 43396 37697 7
                    • This is 40 (Theatrical) - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 11422 9
                    • Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (Unrated) - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 11447 2
                    • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (Disc also has The Last Man on Earth, not yet on D2D.) - 0 89859 50022 0
                    • Eye, The - 2008 - DVD: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." on BOTH Sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 31398 24236 9 80

DVD: Title incorrectly identified
                    • Return of the Fly - 1959 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as The Fly on BOTH sides of 2-sided! (Disc also has The Fly on one side.) - 0 24543 00454 7
                    • Any Given Sunday (Director's Cut) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - 0 85391 83222 5
                    • Jackass: The Movie (Unrated) - 2002 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! -
                    • Wrong Turn 5 (Unrated) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - 0 24543 82483 1
                    • Natural Born Killers (Director's*Cut) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - NO option to report since I already have Theatrical! - 0 31389 72922 8
                    • Fog, The (Unrated) - 2005 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - 0 43396 13657 1
                    • 40-Year-Old Virgin, The (Theatrical) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25192 78832 1
                    • American Pie 2 (Theatrical) - 2001 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25192 14892 7
                    • American Pie Presents: Band Camp (Rated) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25192 74492 1
                    • American Pie Presents: Beta House (Rated) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25195 01213 3
                    • American Wedding (Theatrical) - 2003 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25192 34742 9
                    • American Wedding (Theatrical) - 2003 - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25192 34752 8
                    • Knocked Up (Theatrical) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 25195 01441 0
                    • Chronicles of Riddick, The (Theatrical) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - NO option to report since I already have Unrated! - 0 25192 38622 0
                    • Chronicles of Riddick, The (Theatrical) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - NO option to report since I already have Unrated! - 0 25192 58622 0
                    • Pitch Black (Theatrical) - DVD: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - NO option to report since I already have Unrated! - 0 25192 54222 0

DVD: Title only identified as one version when the release has multiple versions (This may be the case for some of those listed above. I don't always see when multiple versions are included.)
                    • Fast Five (Theatrical) - 2011 - DVD: Title only identified as Extended but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 07648 0
                    • American Pie Presents: The Book of Love (Unrated) - DVD: Title only identified as the Rated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 02450 4
                    • Jackass 3 (Theatrical) - DVD: Title only identified as the Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 97363 55954 2
                    • Jennifer's Body (Unrated) - 2009 - DVD: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 63149 1 80
                    • American Reunion (Theatrical) - 2012 - DVD: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 11410 6
                    • Your Highness (Theatrical) - DVD: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - NO option to report since I already have Unrated! - 0 25192 04423 6
                    • A-Team, The (Theatrical) - DVD: Title only identified as Unrated Extended Cut but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 70146 0 80
                    Last edited by mackn; 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM. Reason: Added Some UPCs

Comment

"There was a problem verifying this disc"

The Mothman Prophecies (0767881958)

Comment

Can't Hardly Wait (0767819616)

Comment

Cool Hand Luke (085391103721)

Comment

Stoker (02454379169080)

Comment

All movies are Blu-ray unless noted.

Unable to identify this disc:

The Marine 3: Homefront [UPC: 024543829386]
                              Bonnie and Clyde [UPC: 883929113378]
                              American Crude [DVD][UPC: 043396228498]

There was a problem while verifying this disc:

Any Which Way You Can (2-Movie Collection w/ Every Which Way But Loose) [UPC: 883929183302]
                              Home Fries [DVD](4 Film Favorites: Romantic Comedy) [UPC: 085391174295]
                              Addicted to Love [DVD](4 Film Favorites: Romantic Comedy) [UPC: 085391174295]
                              Broken Trail [DVD] [UPC: 043396279759]
                              Big Daddy [DVD] [UPC: 043396039223]
                              Bean: The Movie [DVD] [025192221491] (2-Movie Fun Pack w/ Mr. Bean's Holiday)
                              Mr. Bean's Holiday [DVD] [025192221491] (2-Movie Fun Pack w/ Bean: The Movie

Reads as DVD:

Absolute Power [UPC: 883929112357]
                              Waterworld [UPC: 025192034428]
                              Friday: Director's Cut [UPC: 794043131592]
                              Training Day [UPC: 012569828513]

MAXIMUM RISK/UNTIL DEATH [DVD][UPC: 043396421615] (4-Movie Collection: Action Classics Unleashed) READS AS:
                              RED DRAGON [DVD]

ASSASSINATION GAMES/DOUBLE TEAM [DVD][UPC: 043396421615](4-Movie Collection: Action Classics Unleashed)READS AS:
                              This disc 'Paper Clips [2 Discs] - DVD - 2004' is not eligible for Disc to Digital conversion.
                              Last edited by KC48FAN; 03-28-2014, 12:35 PM. Reason: NEW DISCS ADDED 3/28/14

Comment

I receive a "problem verifying this disc" error with
                                World War Z
                                Big Trouble in Little China
                                Shrek The Musical
                                The City of Lost Children
                                The Girl Next Door
                                Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (all other HP discs worked)
                                Waxwork
                                Waxwork II
                                Turbo
                                Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer
                                Friday the 13th Part VI
                                Epic
                                Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance
                                Constantine

I receive a "please enter the title of the disc you are entering" error for:
                                Alvin and The Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein
                                Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman
                                The Phantom
                                King Solomon's Mines
                                Frontier(s)

Also Kung Fu Panda's Secrets of the Furious Five reports as regular Kung Fu Panda.

(I am checking the site, and not entering all my discs, but Furious Five isn't listed as compatible on the site.)

Comment

Working...
                                X