Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post
    Ah, ok. Has anyone figured out why this is? It seems strange unless there are many tiny variations between discs or something.
    The conspiracy theorist in me says it's being done intentionally to eliminate the possibility of renting or borrowing newer discs and using Disc-to-Digital to acquire a cheap copy (which is harder to go by going into Walmart). I'm guessing the studios view older catalog titles differently, and trickle income from D2D is just icing on the cake at that point, since it's basically encouraging disc buyers to double-dip.

It's also worth noting many new releases that fail to be recognized using VUDU's software actually do work on Flixster, although discs that included a UV code are exempt from being converted there. I've frequently been pleasantly surprised what works there that bombs out on VUDU...

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      It has been my experience that any films that came with a UV Code for digital redemption do not work on the Disc 2 Digital service.
      Most titles which have been released in the past 1-2 years don't work. That includes a lot of titles which didn't come with a UV code and are on the D2D list; WB titles seem to be the worst.

Comment

bloodwork is no longer d2d eligible

Comment

Sad for the conspiracy, but the Rental only pressings should have a different ID which will (should) never work on in-home D2D. The truth of the matter is that the backend disc-id software Vudu chose is just not very up-to-date. I'm sure Vudu would be pleased to have the new titles available, the more transactions, the better.
          Originally posted by JRBTempe View Post
          The conspiracy theorist in me says it's being done intentionally to eliminate the possibility of renting or borrowing newer discs and using Disc-to-Digital to acquire a cheap copy (which is harder to go by going into Walmart). I'm guessing the studios view older catalog titles differently, and trickle income from D2D is just icing on the cake at that point, since it's basically encouraging disc buyers to double-dip.

It's also worth noting many new releases that fail to be recognized using VUDU's software actually do work on Flixster, although discs that included a UV code are exempt from being converted there. I've frequently been pleasantly surprised what works there that bombs out on VUDU...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
            Sad for the conspiracy, but the Rental only pressings should have a different ID which will (should) never work on in-home D2D. The truth of the matter is that the backend disc-id software Vudu chose is just not very up-to-date. I'm sure Vudu would be pleased to have the new titles available, the more transactions, the better.
            Shouldn't but some do. I've gotten used rental only copies from gohastings that work fine.

To get things back on topic.....

Darling Companion-Blu Ray: Reads fine but says it's not eligible, but it is a D2D title.
            Date Night: DVD and Blu Ray- Both read as theatrical but are the extended versions.

Comment

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Theatrical) DVD 2008 794043123115

(This disc 'Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Unrated) [Unrated/Rated] - DVD - 2008' is not eligible for Disc to Digital conversion.)

Comment

Blu-ray's Converting Incorrectly

I'm having a weird issue. Vudu To Go > Disc to Digital recognizes my disc as a Blu-Ray and I click Own HDX. It then appears in my cart as SD.

This happened with 3 movies, but not with a 4th.

Moon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Get Him to the Greek all were chosen as HDX and then appeared in the cart as SD.

The Ten Commandments showed up as HDX and appeared in the cart as HDX.

Seems like the problem began after I said yes to a software update.

Anyone else having similar problems? (Sorry if this is a repost. I searched through the forum and couldn't find the issue.)

Comment

I have quite a lot that still aren't working. However, since it seems like the validation errors aren't getting fixed, I'll start with the other errors. Hopefully some can be fixed quickly. I'll put the verification errors at the bottom. Thank you!

Blu-ray: Missing Titles from multi-title releases:
                  • Tremors 2 - 1996 - Blu-ray: Missing Title: Title only identified as Tremors on BOTH discs! (This release has Tremors 1, 2, 3 & 4!) - NO option to report since I already have Tremors! - 0 25192 19654 6
                  • Tremors 3 - 2001 - Blu-ray: Missing Title: Title only identified as Tremors on BOTH discs! (This release has Tremors 1, 2, 3 & 4!) - NO option to report since I already have Tremors! - 0 25192 19654 6
                  • Tremors 4 - 2004 - Blu-ray: Missing Title: Title only identified as Tremors on BOTH discs! (This release has Tremors 1, 2, 3 & 4!) - NO option to report since I already have Tremors! - 0 25192 19654 6
                  -edit-
                  Come to think of it, I might have the Tremors Blu-ray set wrong, it might be identifying it as DVD. I don't remember now and I am usually pretty good about writing these down correctly but it seems like that may be wrong. I'll check again this weekend.

Blu-ray: Missing Versions from multi-version releases:
                  • 40-Year-Old Virgin, The (Unrated) - 2005 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as the Theatrical but this release has both versions! - NO Blu-ray option for Unrated in-app to report so reported as DVD even though it's Blu-ray! - 0 25195 04584 1
                  • Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Unrated) - 2007 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 50764 2 80
                  • Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Theatrical) - 2004 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated on BOTH discs but this release (The Rich Mahogany Edition) has several versions! (This release has the Theatrical, Unrated and Wake Up, Ron Burgandy: The Lost Movie versions!) - 0 97360 74874 1
                  • Robin Hood (Theatrical) - 2010 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 08580 2
                  • Troy (Director's Cut) - 2004 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as the Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 85391 17377 9
                  • X-Files, The: I Want to Believe (Special Extended Edition) - 2008 - Blu-ray: Missing Version: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 24543 54378 7 80

Blu-ray: Unknown Titles: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..."
                  • American Tail, An - 1986 - Blu-ray: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - NO Blu-ray option in-app to report so reported as DVD even though it's Blu-ray! - 0 25192 22416 4
                  • Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Rated) - 2012 - Blu-ray: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Rated and Unrated versions.) - 0 25192 17486 5
                  • Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Unrated) - 2012 - Blu-ray: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Rated and Unrated versions.) - 0 25192 17486 5
                  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie - Blu-ray: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 8 26663 14272 3
                  • Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor - 2013 - Blu-ray: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 17131 7 80

Blu-ray: Wrong Titles:
                  • Karate Kid, The - 2010 - Blu-ray: Wrong Title: Title incorrectly identified as the 1984 original The Karate Kid! - 0 43396 35926 0

DVD: Eligibility Mistakes:
                  • Robin Hood (Patrick Bergin Version) - 1991 - DVD: Eligibility Mistake: "This disc is not eligible?" but it is! - NO option to report! - 0 24543 11622 6

DVD: Missing Titles from multi-title releases:
                  • Tremors 2 - 1996 - DVD: Missing Title: Title only identified as Tremors on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! (This release has Tremors 1, 2, 3 & 4!) - NO option to report since I already have Tremors! - 0 25192 83452 3

DVD: Missing Versions from multi-version releases:
                  • American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (Rated) - 2006 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as the Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25193 03982 4
                  • Funny People (Theatrical) - 2009 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25195 05353 2
                  • Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Theatrical) - 2008 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! (And it states that Unrated is not eligible!) - 7 94043 12311 5
                  • Last House on the Left, The (Theatrical) - 2009 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 03238 7
                  • Paranormal Activity 2 (Unrated Director's Cut) - 2010 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Theatrical but this release has both versions! - 0 97363 56304 4
                  • Robin Hood (Theatrical) - 2010 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 04952 1
                  • Robin Hood (Theatrical) - 2010 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25192 03712 2
                  • Role Models (Theatrical) - 2008 - DVD: Missing Version: Title only identified as Unrated but this release has both versions! - 0 25195 01700 8

DVD: Unknown Titles:
                  • Jackass 3 (Theatrical) - 2010 - DVD: Unknown Title as of 4/17/2014: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - Used to show as Unrated (This release has both Theatrical & Unrated versions!) - 0 97363 55954 2
                  • 3 Extremes ("Saam gaang yi") - 2004 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 17801 9 00
                  • Abandoned, The - 2006 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 21411 3 00
                  • Alex Cross - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 17715 6
                  • Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein - 1999 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein AND Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman!) - 0 25195 03565 1
                  • Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman - 2000 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein AND Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman!) - 0 25195 03565 1
                  • Autopsy - 2008 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 10759 0 00
                  • Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Rated) - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Rated and Unrated versions.) - 0 25192 16513 9
                  • Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (Unrated) - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Rated and Unrated versions.) - 0 25192 16513 9
                  • Brotherhood of Blood - 2007 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 10179 6 80
                  • Candy Stripers - 2006 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 43396 14808 6
                  • Death Race 3: Inferno (Rated) - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Unrated and Theatrical versions.) - 0 25192 11314 7
                  • Empire State - 2013 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 17510 0 80
                  • Eye, The - 2008 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 31398 24236 9 80
                  • Eye, The - 2008 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 24062 4 00
                  • Flicka 2 - 2010 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - I belive this used to actually work but now does not! - 0 24543 67667 6
                  • Flicka: Country Pride - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - I belive this used to actually work but now does not! - 0 24543 79776 0 00
                  • From Within - 2008 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 10740 8 00
                  • Game of Death - 2010 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 43396 36403 5
                  • Game of Death - 2010 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 43396 36401 1
                  • Garfield's Fun Fest - 2008 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 50469 6
                  • Garfield's Pet Force - 2009 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 59080 4
                  • Home Alone: The Holiday Heist - 2012 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 86912 2
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 7 98622 31332 4
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 18713 81075 5
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 7 96019 65859 1
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release also has The Last Man on Earth.) - 0 89859 50022 0
                  • Hunger Games, The: Catching Fire - 2013 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 18151 4 80
                  • In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds - 2011 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 78335 0
                  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - 2002 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 04967 5
                  • Jaws 3 - 1983 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25192 34762 7
                  • LEGO Hero Factory: Savage Planet - 2011 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 8 83929 18640 2
                  • Man with the Golden Arm, The - 1955 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 6 71196 03874 2
                  • Murder Set Pieces - 2004 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 12236 20706 1 00
                  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie - 1996 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 25195 03286 5
                  • Red State - 2011 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 14548 6 80
                  • Slaughter - 2009 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 10730 9 00
                  • Son of Rambow - 2007 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 97363 51854 9
                  • Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor - 2013 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 17124 9 80
                  • Texas Chainsaw - 2013 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 16852 2 80
                  • VeggieTales: The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's - 2007 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 85391 18625 0
                  • Voices - 2007 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 31398 10756 9 00
                  • Wolf of Wall Street, The - 2013 - DVD: Unknown Title: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 97363 60014 5

DVD: Wrong Titles:
                  • Behind Enemy Lines - 2001 - DVD: Wrong Title: Title incorrectly identified as Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia! - 0 24543 03802 3
                  • Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster (Extended Edition) - 2010 - DVD: Wrong Title: Title incorrectly identified as 'Yellowbeard - DVD 1983' which is not eligible! - 8 83929 13590 5
                  • Speed 2: Cruise Control - 1997 - DVD: Wrong Title: Title incorrectly identified as Pleasantville! - 0 24543 04400 0

DVD: Wrong Versions: (Might be multi-version releases, sometimes I miss that detail when I'm in a hurry.)
                  • Marine, The (Unrated) - 2006 - DVD: Wrong Version: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - 0 24543 40689 1
                  • Old School (Theatrical) - 2003 - DVD: Wrong Version: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated and Out of Control! - 6 78149 05612 9
                  • Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Extended Version) - 1991 - DVD: Wrong Version: Title incorrectly identified as Theatrical! - 0 85392 37802 9
                  • You Don't Mess with the Zohan (Theatrical) - 2008 - DVD: Wrong Version: Title incorrectly identified as Unrated! - 0 43396 23868 8

...The Verification Errors...

Blu-ray: Verification Errors:
                  • Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Theatrical) - 2013 - Blu-ray: Verification Error as of 4/14/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Theatrical and Unrated versions!) - 0 32429 12949 9
                  • Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Theatrical) - 2013 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH Blu-ray discs AND the DVD disc from the combo pack! (This release has the Theatrical, Unrated and Super-Sized R-Rated Version versions!) - 0 32429 14620 5
                  • Guilt Trip, The - 2012 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 32429 12938 3
                  • Impossible, The (aka Lo imposible) - 2012 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 18151 1
                  • Paranormal Activity 2 (Unrated Director's Cut) - 2010 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 97361 16644 5
                  • Redemption - 2013 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 31398 16973 4 80
                  • World War Z (Unrated) - 2013 - Blu-ray: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 32429 13816 3

DVD: Verification Errors:
                  • 310 to Yuma - 1957 - DVD: Verification Error as of 4/16/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 7 15515 10571 2
                  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - 2002 - DVD: Verification Error as of 4/16/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 27616 89655 1
                  • She's Out of Control - 1989 - DVD: Verification Error as of 3/26/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 43396 03724 3
                  • Shrek: The Musical - DVD: Verification Error as of 4/16/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." - 0 24543 87269 6 80
                  • Werewolf: The Beast Among Us (Unrated) - DVD: Verification Error as of 3/25/2014: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - Used to Show: "Unable to identify this disc" "Please type the name..." (This release has both Rated and Unrated versions!) - 0 25192 11447 2
                  • 8MM - 1999 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." (This release has 8mm and 8mm 2!) - 0 43396 22483 4
                  • 8MM - 1999 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 43396 02854 8
                  • 12 Years a Slave - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 88096 7 80
                  • 310 to Yuma - 1957 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 07760 7
                  • All is Lost - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 31398 18520 8 80
                  • Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Theatrical) - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 97363 59304 1
                  • Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Theatrical) - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH Blu-ray discs AND the DVD disc from the combo pack! (This release has the Theatrical, Unrated and Super-Sized R-Rated Version versions!) - 0 32429 14620 5
                  • Bah Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 03802 3
                  • Battlestar Galactica: Razor (Unrated Extended Edition) - 2007 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25195 01705 3
                  • Big Daddy - 1999 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 03922 3
                  • Big Trouble in Little China - 1986 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 04476 5
                  • Big Trouble in Little China - 1986 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 04476 8
                  • Black Beauty - 1971 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 9736 08079 4 3
                  • Blue Lagoon, The - 1980 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 43396 01379 7
                  • Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 41969 3
                  • Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 24543 43427 6
                  • Cape Fear - 1991 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 89422 0
                  • Demolition Man - 1993 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 85391 19852 6
                  • Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist - 2005 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 12569 83832 1
                  • Ender's Game - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 21705 0
                  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 2007 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 24543 47077 9 51
                  • Flicka - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 24543 40665 5
                  • Fright Night - 1985 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 05629 9
                  • Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 6 69198 25170 2
                  • Guilt Trip, The - 2012 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 32429 12940 6
                  • Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Theatrical) - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 32429 12952 9
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 56775 09389 1
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 89218 41389 5
                  • House on Haunted Hill - 1959 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." (This release also has The Last Man on Earth & The Bat.) - 0 96009 08109 6
                  • Impossible, The (aka Lo imposible) - 2012 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 18152 8
                  • Karate Kid, The - 2010 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 35913 0
                  • Karate Kid, Part III, The - 1989 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 43396 05992 4
                  • Karate Kid, Part III, The - 1989 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! (This release has The Karate Kid 1, 2, 3 & The Next Karate Kid!) - 0 43396 04728 0
                  • Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 20674 0
                  • Lethal Weapon (Theatrical) - 1987 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 85391 17092 1
                  • Life or Something Like It - 2002 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 24543 05398 9
                  • Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 12569 40452 6
                  • Monty Python: And Now for Something Completely Different - 1971 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc."
                  • Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - 1997 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 7 94043 46522 2
                  • Mothman Prophecies, The - 2002 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 43396 07808 6
                  • Next Karate Kid, The - 1989 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 43396 05993 1
                  • Next Karate Kid, The - 1989 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! (This release has The Karate Kid 1, 2, 3 & The Next Karate Kid!) - 0 43396 04728 0
                  • Night of the Living Dead 3D (2D Version) - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 31398 21891 3 00
                  • Now You See Me (Theatrical) - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." (This release has both Theatrical and Extended versions.) - 0 25192 20606 1
                  • Paranormal Activity 4 (Theatrical) - 2012 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." (This release has both Unrated and Theatrical versions.) - 0 97363 58134 5
                  • Paranormal Activity 4 (Unrated) - 2012 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." (This release has both Unrated and Theatrical versions.) - 0 97363 58134 5
                  • Perkins' 14 - 2009 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 31398 10733 0 00
                  • Quartet - 2012 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 13132 60355 1
                  • Red 2 - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 25192 21308 3
                  • Redemption - 2013 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 31398 16973 4 80
                  • Surviving the Game - 1994 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 7 94043 48952 5
                  • Tristan + Isolde - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 2454323733 4
                  • Tristan + Isolde - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 2454323729 7
                  • Tristan + Isolde - 2006 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 2454323741 9
                  • Under Siege - 1992 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 85391 24202 4
                  • Under Siege 2: Dark Territory - 1995 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 85391 36652 2
                  • Urban Legends: The Final Cut - 2000 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." on BOTH sides of 2-sided disc! - 0 43396 05666 4
                  • Yours, Mine & Ours - 2005 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 97363 42304 1
                  • Yours, Mine & Ours - 2005 - DVD: Verification Error: "There was a problem while verifying this disc." - 0 97360 70864 6

These should all be correctly cataloged here and tested in my account now. I went through and re-checked a ton this last week or two just to be sure. I'll try to re-check some more this week.

Yes, I know I have a TON of House on Haunted Hill, lol... It's one of my favorite movies. When I see it anywhere, a clearance bin, a garage sale, wherever... I have to buy it, lol.
                  Last edited by RogerJ; 04-24-2014, 02:20 PM. Reason: Updates

Comment

Here are a some problems I'm running into:

"There was a Problem Verifying the Disc":
                    Made (Blu-ray)
                    Roxanna (DVD)
                    Gladiator (DVD)
                    Megamind (Blu-ray)
                    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (Blu-ray)

"Incorrectly Identifies Blu-ray as DVD":
                    Planes Trains, and Automobiles
                    Trading Places
                    Training Day
                    Uncle Buck
                    Friday
                    Clueless
                    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1-3 Triple feature

"Unable to Identify Disk":
                    Awakenings (Blu-ray)
                    Sleepless in Seattle (Blu-ray)
                    Patch Adams (DVD)
                    Boiler Room (Blu-ray)

"Does not offer unrated version"
                    The Girl Next Door Unrated (Blu-ray)

If you could let me know if these titles are being fixed or if they have already been fixed, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Just curious how long to fixes take for sets such as this?

Originally posted by hedliniv View Post
                      So here is some more detail...

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology (Blu-ray) is not recognized. None of the discs are recognized when utilizing the Disk to Digital software
                      The UPC # of the box set is: 883929189014

The box set contains
                      Disc 1: Superman: The Movie - Original Theatrical
                      Disc 2: Superman: The Movie - Expanded Edition
                      Disc 3: Superman II - Original Theatrical
                      Disc 4: Superman II - Donner Director's Cut
                      Disc 5: Superman III - Original Theatrical
                      Disc 6: Superman IV - Original Theatrical
                      Disc 7: Superman Returns
                      Disc 8: Additional Bonus Material

The movies are all Disk to Digital eligible
                      DVD Blu-Ray
                      # Found Title Year SD HD HD
                      470 3/7/2013 8:55:20 Superman 2: Richard Donner Cut 1981 Yes Yes Yes
                      9468 3/7/2013 8:55:20 Superman 3 1983 Yes Yes Yes
                      65953 2/20/2014 0:00:00 Superman II: Richard Donner Cut 2006 Yes No Yes http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/65953
                      9469 3/7/2013 8:55:21 Superman IV: Quest for Peace 1987 Yes No No
                      10943 3/7/2013 8:55:22 Superman Returns 2006 Yes Yes Yes
                      9467 3/7/2013 8:55:22 Superman: Movie 1978 Yes No Yes

Please let me know if you need anything additional.

Comment

Originally posted by hedliniv View Post
                        Just curious how long to fixes take for sets such as this?
                        Unfortunately there is no answer to this. Some fixes were done in days while other were reported over a year ago and still do not work. The Vudu rep Dan will sometimes post on here when fixes are submitted and/or done but I think there is only so much he can do.

Comment

Re: Blu-ray's Converting Incorrectly

Originally posted by mpritchard View Post
                          I'm having a weird issue. Vudu To Go > Disc to Digital recognizes my disc as a Blu-Ray and I click Own HDX. It then appears in my cart as SD.

This happened with 3 movies, but not with a 4th.

Moon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Get Him to the Greek all were chosen as HDX and then appeared in the cart as SD.

The Ten Commandments showed up as HDX and appeared in the cart as HDX.

Seems like the problem began after I said yes to a software update.

Anyone else having similar problems? (Sorry if this is a repost. I searched through the forum and couldn't find the issue.)
                          I've had a similar issue in the past... Can't guarantee that what I'll suggest will work. Make sure you have the discs still to re-recognize them if needed.

My issue in the past tended to stem from having previously tried to recognize a DVD, nd then subsequently recognizing a Blu-Ray disc. Somehow the system got "confused." SOMETIMES, this procedure would help, sometimes not:

Go into VUDU2Go.
                          Go to your cart.
                          Select the title that's misbehaving (recognized as HDX but in cart as SD).
                          Delete the misbehaving title from your cart in VUDU2Go.
                          Close VUDU2Go.
                          Go to the OLD Disc-to-Digital in-store page here (different URL than the current Disc-2-Digital page on VUDU's web site menu): http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html
                          The title MAY show up there in your list. If so, click it (a window should pop-up). Select to Remove the title from the list.
                          Once it disappears, close that page.
                          Re-open VUDU2Go.
                          Re-recognize the Disc and select HDX as the format.
                          Check your cart and see whether it says SD or HDX.

On a number of occasions this has fixed the issue for me. But, not always. The system can be quirky. If it doesn't fix the issue, you might have to contact support...

Best,
                          ~MG

Comment

What is the most useful information for correcting mis-matches?

Just UPC code of the set? Or is there some identifying piece of information once the disc is inserted that would help clear up specific mismatches?

I have a rather huge DVD / Blu library and have run into tons of "mismatches," "this disc isn't eligible [when it's listed in the system as UV and there's an entry on the old In-Store printable list page]," "we encountered a problem trying to identify this disc," etc.

Happy to help resolve issues. Just let me know what I can do to help. I'd love to get as many of my discs converted over as possible. I'm at nearly 1000 in my UV library, so, clearly, I make a fair number of purchases. It'd be awesome if I could help get the remainder that are/should be eligible working.

Just as a for instance, Iron Monkey DVD (SD/HDX are marked as UV on the website), when I look it up on the old In-Store list here (http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html), it's on the list, which seems to indicate it's eligible, but VUDU-2-Go tells me that disc isn't eligible for D2D conversion, which I think is incorrect?

Likewise, I've seen tons of discs where it just says something like "we encountered a problem looking up this disc" or whatever. I forget the specific verbiage. There's no option offered for saying "this disc is X" so you guys can fix your lookup algorithm and/or match it up to something in your system. Seems like a major flaw in VUDU2Go to not have some way of specifying which title caused this issue, so you guys could look into it?

So, what info do I need to give you guys? Just UPC, or is there some kind of useful Disc Identifier that I could easily reference once it's inserted into the drive? In case maybe they repackage different pressings of the same movie under the same UPC or whatever? I don't know exactly how the movie industry does things WRT packaging, repacks, etc. Does the same Disc always correspond to the same UPC, thus the UPC is sufficient, or can more than one pressing sometimes use a recycled UPC code (in which case some kind of Disc identifier would be more useful)?

I'm pretty tech savvy, so if you give me an easy roadmap of what to look for and where, I'll go through my collection as rigorously as possible documenting "issues" with different discs.

Comment

Would this be a useful format for such inquiries?

Title: The Mask of Zorro [Deluxe Edition]
                              Format: DVD (Single-sided)
                              UPC: 0 43396 10935 3
                              ISBN: 1-4049-8048-2
                              Error: There was a problem while verifying this disc.
                              VUDU URL: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...-Mask-of-Zorro
                              Shows as UV on VUDU: Yes
                              Available to Own: SD / HD.
                              Listed on In-Store D2D List: Yes

Is there some kind of Disc identifier? If so what & where? Is it findable in the computer once the disc is inserted or something like the codes on the inner ring of the disc (IFPI L330, DVDL-306150A1, 1 & IFPI L332 DVDL-306150B1, 5)?

Title (Brick): Double Feature: Urban Legend / Urban Legends: Final Cut
                              Title (individual): Urban Legends: Final Cut
                              Format: DVD (Double-sided)
                              UPC (Brick): 0 43396 06385 3
                              ISBN (Brick): 0-7678-6627-4
                              UPC (Individual): 0 43396 05666 4
                              ISBN (Individual): 0-7678-5771-2
                              VUDU URL: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...-The-Final-Cut
                              Available to Own: SD / HDX
                              Listed on In-Store D2D List: Blu-Ray, yes. DVD, no? (Actually it looks like the DVD is listed on the In-Store list, but under "Urban Legend: The Final Cut" rather than "Urban Legends: The Final Cut")
                              Disc Code (WS): IFPI L333 DVDS-028210A1 3
                              Disc Code (FS): IFPI L331 DVDS-028210B1 5

Doesn't appear the original Urban Legend is available on VUDU? So, I'll skip that half of the brick Double Feature.

Title (Brick): Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition
                              Title (individual): Look, Up in the Sky!: The Amazing Story of Superman
                              Format: DVD (Single-sided)
                              UPC (Brick): 0 12569 81912 2 -OR- 0 85391 16526 2 ? (I don't have the original UPC/ISBN, just the tin and discs. Just looking it up on DVDEmpire)
                              VUDU URL: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...ry-of-Superman
                              Available to Own: SD
                              Listed on In-Store D2D List: Yes
                              Disc Codes: 7Y 4045.1.A VB02 IFPI L907, IFPI L908 7Y 4045.1.B VC01

Title (Brick): Franchise Collection: Tales From the Crypt Presents: Deadly Duo: Demon Knight & Bordello of Blood
                              Title (individual): Demon Knighit
                              Format: DVD (Double-sided)
                              UPC: 0 25192 55872 6
                              ISBN: 1-4170-1436-9
                              Error: Unable to identify this disc
                              VUDU URL: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...s-Demon-Knight
                              Available to Own: SD / HDX
                              Listed on In-Store D2D List: Yes Either as "demon knight" or "tales from the crypt presents demon knight." Bordello of Blood does not appear to be listed, so the UV rights probably haven't dropped yet.
                              Disc Codes: 25587 5028421.9.A0.A07, 25587 5028422.9.A1.A03

Don't know if any of all that is useful or overkill? Kind of exhausting...

I'll also say that on the Shrek "Complete Story" brick, it looks like all the discs recognize as the last 3 movies, but none of them recognize as the first movie. I'd rather like to convert the original movie if at all possible? Not sure why this seems to not work...

Comment

I believe dan said before that he only needed you to have tried the disc and reported it in the program. Everything else is optional. UPC, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X