Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

There was a problem while verifying this disc -

Rise of the Guardians (Blu Ray AND DVD)

Over the past two months of using Disc 2 Digital, it seems like this app needs a lot of work behind the scenes. It has maybe 75% success rate of recognizing authorized discs. Perhaps less. Gracenote is a significant tool for metadata so where is the issue?

Comment

not all those are eligible for d2d, that's part of the problem

Comment

Problems verifying Disc...

The Great White Hype
        Beverly Hills Ninja
        Duplex

These work with Flixster.... hopefully Vudu makes them accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by dunham44 View Post
          not all those are eligible for d2d, that's part of the problem
          Before I try any disc, I check them through the "Convert DVD" menu which lets you search and indicates if it is eligible. I even go so far as to try to match the DVD cover with the image Vudu shows for D2D eligible. So all of the ones I have had issues with are supposed to be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by rgburch View Post
            Before I try any disc, I check them through the "Convert DVD" menu which lets you search and indicates if it is eligible. I even go so far as to try to match the DVD cover with the image Vudu shows for D2D eligible. So all of the ones I have had issues with are supposed to be eligible.
            I think he was referring to another member who had some Touchstone DVDs (Disney) listed (post 750). He didn't quote though so it looked like he was referring to you. At least that's what I assume since he mentioned multiple DVDs and you only had one in your list.

Comment

Sin City Blu Ray comes up as Kill Bill Volume ! Blu Ray...

"There was a problem while verifying this disc"

This Means War Blu Ray
              Grease: Rockin' Rydell Edition Blu Ray
              Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray

"Could not identify disc, please enter the title"

The Smurfs Blu Ray
              The Green Lantern: Extended Cut

Comment

Originally posted by ladipretender View Post
                Sin City Blu Ray comes up as Kill Bill Volume ! Blu Ray...
                If you use the second Blu-Ray disk in the Sin City case it will read and convert correctly (why I have no idea).

Z

Comment

It's now been practically 18 months since In-Home Disc-to-Digital began, and yet there are still titles that have been unavailable for conversion!

The Alfred Hitchcock set (Blu-Ray) is one of them!
                  I ended up converting several films via the store process, and finally I added "Saboteur", "Shadow of a Doubt", and "Rope" to my VUDU collection with Flixster.
                  "Marnie", "Torn Curtain", "Topaz", "Frenzy", and "Family Plot" all remain unconverted and Unavailable to Identify in the VUDU app.
                  Does anyone have a problem with the single disc Blu-Ray releases of these films as well?

Also, for all of the films in the Ultimate Gangsters Classics Collection (From WB, including "Little Caesar", "The Public Enemy", "Petrified Forest" and "White Heat"), they went from saying Unable to Identify to "There was a Problem Verifying this disc" leaving me without the option to successfully identify in the VUDU app which film it is.

With the 50% sale ending in a week, it's still very frustrating how these films do not work!

Comment

Originally posted by rtalbot View Post
                    ... they went from saying Unable to Identify to "There was a Problem Verifying this disc" leaving me without the option to successfully identify in the VUDU app which film it is. ...
                    That's been happening to a large number of titles lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Stackfan View Post
                      Problems verifying Disc...

Duplex
                      Not sure which version of this DVD you're trying, but I was able to successfully D2D this one last week via VUDU 2 Go.

Comment

"There was a Problem Verifying this disc"

Die Hard with a Vengeance (DVD)
                        The Exorcist (DVD)
                        Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (DVD)

All three are listed under the Convert DVD search function as eligible.

I am bummed about Die Hard. 1 & 2 converted fine, but 3 is the one I like the best.

Comment

Apollo 13 (Blu-ray): identified as DVD

Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu-ray): Disc 1, Cannot verify; Disc 2, Cannot identify; Disc 3: Cannot verify
                          *I ordered the Trilogy from Amazon US when the only option seemed to be the blu-ray set from the UK which might have something to do with it although I have no problems playing it in my BD player. The UPC is: 5050582788860

The Smurfs (Blu-ray): Cannot identify

I hope this can be resolved before the 50% off promotion runs out on the 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by craigb View Post
                            Apollo 13 (Blu-ray): identified as DVD

Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu-ray): Disc 1, Cannot verify; Disc 2, Cannot identify; Disc 3: Cannot verify
                            *I ordered the Trilogy from Amazon US when the only option seemed to be the blu-ray set from the UK which might have something to do with it although I have no problems playing it in my BD player. The UPC is: 5050582788860

I hope this can be resolved before the 50% off promotion runs out on the 30th.
                            My Back to the Future Bluray trilogy from the US set that came with iTunes digital copies was able to be read, all 3 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                              My Back to the Future Bluray trilogy from the US set that came with iTunes digital copies was able to be read, all 3 discs.
                              Same here. However, just because your set is from the UK doesn't necessarily mean that's the issue; if it's the same disc in both countries (common if they're the same edit & both region-free -- nearly all Universal releases in both U.S. & UK are region-free), Vudu To Go shouldn't know the difference. I've successfully converted UK boxsets of both Alien Anthology and the Spider-Man trilogy (though I had to convert Spider-Man 3 in-store); I couldn't convert the UK Superman boxset, but I understand its U.S. version has the same problems. Disc 2 could be a different version for the UK; discs 1 & 3 are more likely to be specific to your pressing.
                              Last edited by RBBrittain; 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM. Reason: Expand

Comment

i have many movies and just recently started, ive been through the 1st 10 and they seem to have the same problem. but the 1 that I know for sure that is listred is the movie avatar the movie not the cartoon. ive been working with tech on this issue and they keep saying goto walmart. Why? rather than trying to fix the issue their trying to pass the buck. Ive had vudu for awhile and love the set up and am hoping to resolve this so i can upload all my movies in the cloud. Anyways this is my 1st movie im trying to get fixed, and if we can fix this issue i can move on to others.

Comment

Working...
                                X