Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-Home D2D Bugs - Movie not recognized / Mapping Issues

Originally posted by brandonc101 View Post
    I used the forum search but wasn't able to find a post that said this specifically:

The Fast and the Furious (1st title) Bluray IS recognized... However: as SD only

I get 2 to pick from (both look the same) I select EITHER and it prompts the HDX (fine so far) but when it's added to my list of other titles it is listed as SD despite the following description:

The Fast and the Furious [Limited Edition] [Includes Digital Copy] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] - DVD

By the way, my 2 disk version includes an itunes (grrrr worthless) digital copy NOT a DVD at all.

I'm guessing I can take this into Walmart perhaps, but from the description of everyone else, it's about as infuriating as using this D2D app.

Fast & Furious (4th title) Bluray w/ itunes Digital Copy results in "Unable to identify"

Oddly, the 2nd and 3rd films from the same bluray version (which includes an itunes Digial Copy) use the D2D app JUST FINE. Infuriating.
    There is a very simple solution to this so don't waste your time going to walmart. Once you are signed into your vudu account go to this vudu page/link http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html
    chances are you will see Fast and the Furious on this list and it will say SD under it. Remove it from the list and then load the movie into the app again. This time when you chose HDX it will Appear in your cart as HDX.

If this is confusing to you in any way just send me a PM I'd be glad to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by nevea2be View Post
      The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug UPC 794043161032 It says "There was a problem while verifying this disc." Is there something else that I could do to help with the verification process?
      If the Bluray originally shipped with a Ultraviolet code and that movie certainly did you can't use Vudu to upgrade to a digital copy. That would be allowing 2 digital copies to be created even though only one physical copy was purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by william92371 View Post
        It looks like this one can be added to the list.

Eight Men Out. DVD. UPC 88390410295380.

This is the 2008 20th Anniversary Edition. I've tried both my LG BE14NU40 External Blu Ray writer, and the native DVD RW drive in my new laptop.

Unable to identify this disc.

As soon as I put it in, Cyberlink Power DVD 12 starts to play the drive. I also tested my system identifying other DVDs with the Disc to Digital software, and they read no problem.

It says it is available for disc to digital, and this hasn't been released on Blu Ray yet. So, there shouldn't be a problem. Please get this one added asap. Thanks!
        Eight Men out is MGM and is not on the list of D2d Titles. It is not even UV at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltin View Post
          If the Bluray originally shipped with a Ultraviolet code and that movie certainly did you can't use Vudu to upgrade to a digital copy. That would be allowing 2 digital copies to be created even though only one physical copy was purchased.
          That would be incorrect. I've upgraded movies from SD versions provided by the code to HDx versions via D2D. Granted, that was like 2 movies, but still, it can be done, as long as the movie is D2D eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltin View Post
            If that was true then non of the movies shipped with an Ultraviolet code would be listed as D2D eligible. Wouldn't it also mean that all new movies released in the last few years have no digital life in the used dvd market?

Can bought used dvds/Blu-ray be used in digital form?

Comment

Originally posted by nevea2be View Post
              If that was true then non of the movies shipped with an Ultraviolet code would be listed as D2D eligible. Wouldn't it also mean that all new movies released in the last few years have no digital life in the used dvd market?

Can bought used dvds/Blu-ray be used in digital form?
              in reality most new releases will not work on the vudu 2 go app but if you buy it on dvd and bring it into a walmart with a working d2d system then you can upgrade the dvd to HDX in store

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                Eight Men out is MGM and is not on the list of D2d Titles. It is not even UV at this point.
                That's weird, because when I searched for it on the disc to digital movie lookup, it was showing up there, listing it as only DVD, of course. I swear it was. Now it does not show.

I checked every list I wanted to transfer. Hell, I only bought the movie on DVD because the lookup tool said it was available. Oh well.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                  I recieved an email from UVVU today pushing d2d and the three providers they want us to use are Vudu, Flixster and Kaleidescape. So I think there is still a push to get us to use it. I wish i had a a few thousand laying around that Machine that Kaleidesape have is bad to the bone and you can do D2d right from the set top machine. and even without d2d if you play a dvd in it it automaticly streams the 1080p version
                  Sure, from UVVU who is very interested in everything that furthers UV. I have no doubt that they are 100% with those of us who would like to see this program being expanded and improved. That is very different than a new notable marketing effort coming proactive from Walmart pushing their D2D service. Vudu's service appears very much like a number of projects I've been directly or peripherally part of where we got some funding and excitement from execs but couldn't get renewed budget to continue to expand it; only enough for minimal 'keep alive' effort.
                  Media Center for Windows would be a rough analogy of where this seems to be.

Comment

Another disc not showing up correctly: (not sure why I bother still posting, since they haven't fixed a single one of these that I know of in the year+ that I have been using D2D)

The Clerks (15th anniversary addition to be precise) Bluray reads as the Chasing Amy Bluray...which would be fine, if the message didn't also tell me that Chasing Amy wasn't eligible for D2D...but the list very clearly says it is eligible.

Comment

There was a problem verifying disc error message:

"Warm Bodies" DVD - UPC# 025192190636

Unable to identify this disc

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" DVD - UPC# 097363532149

Comment

Originally posted by ladipretender View Post
                        Another disc not showing up correctly: (not sure why I bother still posting, since they haven't fixed a single one of these that I know of in the year+ that I have been using D2D)

The Clerks (15th anniversary addition to be precise) Bluray reads as the Chasing Amy Bluray...which would be fine, if the message didn't also tell me that Chasing Amy wasn't eligible for D2D...but the list very clearly says it is eligible.
                        I got the same message. Ended up taking both movies (I also have Chasing Amy) to Wal-Mart to get them done.

Comment

[QUOTE=DanielH;1259390]Old thread:
                          https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...L-Bugs/page121

Please add any movies that you're unable to convert with the In-Home D2D program to this thread. If the movie has been listed by someone else, please do not list it again. In order for us to see the mapping issue, you will have had to of tried the movie and received the error message previously.

Please list the following:

-Movie that you entered into your disc drive.
                          -Movie that VUDU To Go Recognized instead.
                          *If the disc is unreadable, we may not be able to update it.

A forum moderator may reach out to you if you're forum email address does not match your VUDU email address.

Here some discs that I had problems with ...all were purchased from retail stores so they should have worked...

The last action hero blu-ray upc 683904632142 not recognized
                          waterword blu-ray upc 025192034428 reads as sd not hdx
                          city of ember dvd upc 024543563396 not recognized I have two copies and neither worked

I would like to request that fantastic four rise of the sliver surfer upc 024543470779 would be added to D2D..this is the most common 1 disc edition and is not recognized...

Comment

Hello all

I have some dvds here that arn't recognizing for D2D I also check the movies to see if they are available for D2D conversion and they are.

Heres the list of some movies I can't convert and they are:

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country
                            Disc name: STARTREK6_D1
                            UPC: 097360677348

Die Hard
                            Disc Name: DIEHARD
                            UPC: 02454344086

Die Hard 2
                            Disc Name: DIE_HARD_2_DISC1
                            UPC: 024543440895

Die Hard With a Vengeance
                            Disc Name: DIE_HARD_3_DISC1
                            UPC: 024543440925

Their will be more later on I converting my old dvd collection to Digital since I only have to pay $1 for every 10 discs I convert.

Comment

Originally posted by tooie32 View Post

Their will be more later on I converting my old dvd collection to Digital since I only have to pay $1 for every 10 discs I convert.
                              I would still be waiting now for over 2 years to see if they corrected these issues where the disc is not recognized. I long ago decided to take them to Walmart and pay $2.00 rather than $1.00. I'm glad I did as I would still be waiting and not sure that they'll ever be corrected.

632 HDX
                              2 HD
                              2 SD

Comment

I know I'm not alone when I say the VuduToGo software is extremely frustrating. I keep seeing the excuse that it's still in "beta." It's been years!!

Here are my most recent attempts that were unsuccessful. I keep getting "There was a problem verifying this disc" and no other options come up.

The Fault in our Stars - BOTH Blu-ray and DVD
                                Ender's Game - BOTH Blu-ray and DVD
                                Red2 - Blu-ray
                                As Good as it Gets - DVD

All are listed as "available" for D2D. Why do you list them if they aren't going to work?!
                                I realize I can go to Walmart, but honestly, I absolutely hate walking into that place. And half the reason I purchased a Blu-ray drive was so I could convert my discs and save the 50%!

Comment

Working...
                                X