Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Grown-Up's 2 & White House Down Pre-Orders - DELAYED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grown-Up's 2 & White House Down Pre-Orders - DELAYED

So I called in on Pacific Rim pre-order which is still not here, obviously.

I management to get my way up to lower level management at distribution. Calls are going out to the studio every day. There is still no update. Their computer system also "currently" doesn't support kicking out orders that are past due and sending out automated emails that shipments are delayed or going to be delayed. Since they have soooo many people who didn't get product they had no way other than manual to contact people about the situation, so that didn't happen. Not to mention they didn't have approval to contact people about what's going on or when to expect product since they can't get specifics out out of the studio.

ON TO Grown Up's 2 as well as White House Down, many of you will notice that you haven't received shipping notices, and well the movies come out tomorrow. Needless to say they did not receive hardly enough product to fill those movies as well, and they are not from the same studio as Pacific Rim.

They obviously know they have a bigger problem here.

The other problem is that Wal-Mart takes the payment, Vudu does the order processing, and then you have the shipping company doing the fulfillment of the physical product. Everyone is saying talk to the other guy and no one is stepping in to take ownership. Likewise who, how would you handle a refund. Wal-Mart doesn't know if the code has been entered, or product shipped. How do you handle a refund if you're keeping the streaming copy but didn't get the physical copy.

Having to deal with Oblivion one thing. Pacific Rim is the worst, and ongoing thing, so far. Now it appears we've got an issue with Grown Up's 2 as well as White House Down.

SIGH ! ! !

Re: Grown-Up's 2 & White House Down Pre-Orders - DELAYED

Thank you for sharing. It is good to know experiences from other members of Pre-Orders.

Have you had any issues with straight EST pre-orders instead of the combo packaged media / EST from the store shelf?

I was considering EST pre-order of the extended cut Hobbit, but thought it best to just wait until tomorrow when it is slated to be generally available.

thx...

Comment

My one and only Walmart/Vudu pre-order was Skyfall. I didn't have any problems with that one but probably will not do anymore pre-orders from here as I've seen all the delays that posters have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
        My one and only Walmart/Vudu pre-order was Skyfall. I didn't have any problems with that one but probably will not do anymore pre-orders from here as I've seen all the delays that posters have mentioned.
        Right, but those were store bought packaged media / EST combos. The problems are with the shipping of the packaged media.

I have ditched packaged media purchases, with the exception of pawn shop trolling for D2D titles. I would not cough up any money for a new release packaged media purchase.

Just wondering if anyone has bad experiences with EST pre-orders.

Not sure if I am making sense or not.

Comment

Discussed here too...

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...20#post1259920

Comment

This what I think is going on with Pre-Orders. The problem is with the pre-order cases. People are stealing the codes inside or the whole case because I have seen the pre-order codes for sale on ebay. The amount of copies of the same title makes me think this is an inside job at Walmart. When Walmart sells a preorder case the order a copy for Vudu to ship to someone. But when someone redeems a code that wasn't paid for Walmart sends you the Blu-ray but they have to order more the studio which takes time. When I looked at a leaked ad it looks like Walmart is going to a system where you activate the individual code at the POS like iTunes Cards, phone cards, ect to prevent theft issues. I am sure Walmart/Vudu don't want people know about the issue.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I'm already waiting on Pacific Rim which has been out for 3 weeks as of today and now Grown Ups 2 and White House Down haven't shipped either. If people are stealing codes from Wal-Mart and selling them online, that's a separate issue that VUDU and Wal-Mart need to deal with. But when someone enters a pre-order code, VUDU needs to make sure a hard copy of the movie is reserved for that person in time for the release date. That's what it advertises on the pre-order cards and cases. Worst case scenario, at least offer some sort of store credit if a copy can't be provided for whatever reason(in this case, VUDU is blaming the studio for a lack of supply).

Instead, VUDU is AWOL on this and just leaving their customers with no resolution. At this point, I don't see myself ever pre-ordering from VUDU/Wal-Mart again as I no longer trust their customer service. God help them if they F up the Man of Steel pre-order a week from now or Fast & Furious 6 next month.

Comment

Working...
              X