Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Thread Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread Moderation

I have noticed the thread moderation has become more strict in the past three months or so.

Below has been the pattern. I'm putting this together as a courtesy for other members to use as a guide when posting new threads.

Moderators will delete a thread which either starts a topic about a competitor's activity or the subject drifts into that area.

When competition is discussed, if a moderator sees the thread as promoting a competitor's products, the thread will be deleted.

However, I have found that if a thread discusses general subjects about UV without referring to competitor's products specifically, those threads seem to be left in tact.

Hope this helps.

Re: Thread Moderation

Yep.

I have a Windows Phone 8 and have been waiting for a Vudu app to become available and have posted in the Windows Phone 8 Vudu Request Thread. Two days ago Flixster updated their Windows Phone 8 app to allow UV support. This is the frist time Windows Phone 8 users have access to their UV library. (Now, I guess because my collection is too large, the Flixster app will not load my titles) I posted this in the Windows Phone 8 thread. It all got deleted.

I dislike Flixster and never use it. I would like Vudu to release a Windows Phone 8 app.

Comment

got deleted cause you mentioned Flixster. That is a toe over the line.

If you mentioned general subjects w/o referring to specific competitor names, I suspect it would still be on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        got deleted cause you mentioned Flixster. That is a toe over the line.

If you mentioned general subjects w/o referring to specific competitor names, I suspect it would still be on the forum.
        This is a Vudu forum, so this is understandable. Unfortunately, there is no brand-agnostic UV forum of such caliber in which to discuss all the competitors.

Comment

I guess....but not all forums are like that. I didn't know this one was like that until I couldn't find my post. Roku has their own forum, and they don't delete threads or posts that mention or even discuss in length about competitors. (Trying to think of specific brand forums I am a member of. Many are "fan" forums, which or course they allow discussion of other brands/devices) Vudu then needs to change the heading under their General Discussion forum. It should not say "Anything and Everything" as it currently states....

They should change it to "Anything and Everything that has to do with Vudu".

Comment

Not just competitors stuff gets deleted. I posted about the possibility (rumor) of existing members getting 5 Free HDX movies like new members on VUDU and twice it was deleted or the thread closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
              I guess....but not all forums are like that. I didn't know this one was like that until I couldn't find my post. Roku has their own forum, and they don't delete threads or posts that mention or even discuss in length about competitors. (Trying to think of specific brand forums I am a member of. Many are "fan" forums, which or course they allow discussion of other brands/devices) Vudu then needs to change the heading under their General Discussion forum. It should not say "Anything and Everything" as it currently states....

They should change it to "Anything and Everything that has to do with Vudu".
              Discussing how Vudu under-performs relative to a competitor is on topic about Vudu.

It's their property, and they are free to do what they like with it. However, my experience is that this strict approach will eventually backfire. The tone lately is very unresponsive to customers.

That's what we are - customers. Try treating us like that.

Comment

I've had two of my threads deleted in the past 2 months. The most recent one was discussing two new UltraViolet platforms that might be coming online. We don't know who they are, we were just guessing that a certain retailer might add UV capability. Never even said I would use them, I was just discussing how they might help increase the number of UV users. And BAM! Not even a note explaining why it was deleted, they could at least had the courtesy to do that. The other one was pointing out some areas that vudu needed improvement, and way to improve them. It was deleted, and I was suspended for two weeks. I love vudu as a service, but there customer support/ PR needs some work. And I fully expect this thread to be deleted as well. Well there are other places to discuss this topic such as the digital movies forum at blu-ray.com

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                  I've had two of my threads deleted in the past 2 months. The most recent one was discussing two new UltraViolet platforms that might be coming online. We don't know who they are, we were just guessing that a certain retailer might add UV capability. Never even said I would use them, I was just discussing how they might help increase the number of UV users. And BAM! Not even a note explaining why it was deleted, they could at least had the courtesy to do that. The other one was pointing out some areas that vudu needed improvement, and way to improve them. It was deleted, and I was suspended for two weeks. I love vudu as a service, but there customer support/ PR needs some work. And I fully expect this thread to be deleted as well. Well there are other places to discuss this topic such as the digital movies forum at blu-ray.com
                  If you're interested in pursuing change, then I'd recommend writing a letter to Customer Service Vice Presidents at both Wal-mart and Vudu. Send it snail mail. Real letters like that get the most response.

Be very factual and explain why you think moderator decisions were poor customer service.

A lot of executives will assume that if you're willing to go to the trouble to bring it to their attention, then someone screwed-up. Good customer service means something like this would be taken care of before ever reaching them.

Comment

I've noticed that it's been ramping up as well, but so have off topic posts.

Personally I've always been really surprised how lenient the moderators have actually been, and really still are.

Most other company branded and run forums I've found to be VERY stick with anything not related to the product, and anything too critical of the product as well.

Comment

All,

Thank you for your input and time taken to express your feedback both on our service as well as our customer support experience. Our goal on the forums here is to encourage healthy discussion, including constructive criticism, regarding our product & service. Please keep in mind that this is a VUDU forum, and as such, the topic of discussion should be focused around VUDU. While we try to be as lenient as possible, off-topic discussions regarding competitors' offers or comments encouraging competitors' services will be removed. We hope you can understand our approach on this and hope you continue to use the VUDU forums as an avenue for discussion while adhering to the following guidelines:

https://forum.vudu.com/announcement.php?f=43

Comment

Thank you Daniel. I brought this thread to the forum due to what seemed to be us members left to guess where the line is drawn for our threads to be in jeopardy to be deleted. I felt if it were made clear via a thread topic, it might make the members' job of bringing new threads to the forum easier to remain in the guidelines.

I appreciate your providing clarity to the matter.

If I may summarize:

Vudu Subjects = Okay
                        General Subjects = Okay
                        Promoting Competitors = NOT Okay

I personally feel I do understand where the line is and consider it to be fair. I do know if it was me, I would not appreciate footing the bills (administrative and infrastructure) to promote my competitors.

Comment

I can understand about promoting competitors(some sites don't mind discussing competitors), but mentioning Flixster does not seem, in my opinion to qualify. Is Flixster even considered a compeitor? I can't use it on my PS3, Roku, TV, 360. Can you even rent/buy movies on their site? There are times for UV redmeptions that a customer HAS to use Flixster instead of Vudu. (A lot of the UV inserts say to use Flixster anyway but I don't) One recent example is The Friday the 13th Complete Collection. I waited over a month, and had a support ticket in waiting for Vudu to get the redemption page, but never did. So I had to use Flixster to redeem it. I have used Vudu 99.9% for my redemptions, and only have a Flixster account due to these rare reasons.

I use a Windows Phone and have wanted, and still want a Vudu app for it. I read and belong to the site WPCentral, and there was an article the other day there stating that the Flixster app for Windows Phone was updated to now have your UV collection available to stream. I posted that, along with stating that I don't like or use Flixster, and I would love a Vudu app, in the Windows Phone 8 forum. That got deleted. I don't see how that was promoting competition, Vudu doesn't even have an app for Windows Phone.

Anyway, I know I have posted a few times in this thread, but it really isn't a big deal. I wouldn't have even brought it up if I didn't see this thread today, the same day I was looking for the Windows Phone thread I posted in.

Long story short, Vudu, please release a Windows Phone 8 app. If, and when you do, please allow downloads, not just streaming.

Thanks!

P.S. > Dan H. thank you!

Comment

I didn't promote another service in my deleted thread. I merely discussed that another retailer would be adding UV capability soon. We don't even know the name of said service yet, so how can I promote it? In another thread, I have mentioned other services by name, but only to compare features to vudu, to point out that there are certain features that I would like vudu to implement. What's wrong with that? I want vudu to be competitive with other services, because I am a loyal vudu customer, but if this is the way I am going to be treated, I may have to re-think that loyalty.

Comment

Dan and Vudu are correct we shouldn't be discussing competitors products or services on their website. Having said that, how can Vudu actually consider the F-word website as a competitor. If you select a movie there you don't own in your UV locker, they provide pricing and links to Vudu's website as well as others. Just sayin'...

Comment

Working...
                              X