Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

    Just thought I'd post over here as well, but according to the this thread:

    https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...the-theatrical

    VUDU is not going to have the Wolverine Extended Edition available at all. I find this very odd and disappointing. The movies is available on other UV sites (code name TT and CN) and it's a UV title. I always watch all my UV movies through VUDU and any purchases I get is always thought VUDU, but now I have a movie that I HAD to buy elsewhere and can't watch through here. This is a poor move on VUDU's part IMO.
    This probably also tells us that the digital code that will come with the Extreme Edition 3D blu ray is most likely also only going to be theatrical, and not extended (another irritation I have with studios not providing digital copy of the movie I bought that is becoming too common).

    #2
    Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

    We just ordered our copy last night from Amazon. We went with the Extended Edition because it is UV. Surely Vudu will have the Extended Edition...they do for everything else.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

      Fox titles usually redeem theatrical.

      Its probably not up to VUDU anyway, and we are really just complaining about the flaws of UV in general here. There are dozens of titles exclusive to and missing from all UV retailers. Yea that's right, I said it, UV has flaws.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

        Originally posted by replica145 View Post
        Fox titles usually redeem theatrical.

        Its probably not up to VUDU anyway, and we are really just complaining about the flaws of UV in general here. There are dozens of titles exclusive to and missing from all UV retailers. Yea that's right, I said it, UV has flaws.
        I really don't think that is the case here...if it is then we have a real problem when a title is being classified and sold as UV by the studios and then those same studios not allowing certain services (like VUDU) to host that title. They might as well say it's a non-UV title! I bought mine assuming that like ALL OTHER UltraViolet titles Vudu would have it. On top of that, it's a pre-order and this reinforces my opinion that it's not good to pre-order movies. I would have been better off waiting to verify that Vudu (or whichever service I want to use) is going to have the version that I am buying.

        But again, I think the redemption code for the Extended Edition will be available when the DVD is released. I am thinking what they meant is that they do not have the extended edition as a pre-order. I hope I am right in my assumption.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

          Petition to Fox for the Unrated version?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

            Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
            But again, I think the redemption code for the Extended Edition will be available when the DVD is released. I am thinking what they meant is that they do not have the extended edition as a pre-order. I hope I am right in my assumption.
            I wouldn't hold my breath. The Internship, The Heat and A Good Day to Die Hard have all been theatrical redemptions. Although, Die Hard didn't even get a digital release of the unrated cut. I hope I am wrong of course

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

              Redemption codes aside, being unable to purchase a movie through Vudu is ridiculous. There is no reason why they are not getting it.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                I really don't think that is the case here...if it is then we have a real problem when a title is being classified and sold as UV by the studios and then those same studios not allowing certain services (like VUDU) to host that title. They might as well say it's a non-UV title! I bought mine assuming that like ALL OTHER UltraViolet titles Vudu would have it. On top of that, it's a pre-order and this reinforces my opinion that it's not good to pre-order movies. I would have been better off waiting to verify that Vudu (or whichever service I want to use) is going to have the version that I am buying.

                But again, I think the redemption code for the Extended Edition will be available when the DVD is released. I am thinking what they meant is that they do not have the extended edition as a pre-order. I hope I am right in my assumption.
                I hope you are correct that when the movies is released VUDU will have it as well. However this is not a pre-order but an early digital HD release to purchase (unlike pre-order and watch early). I can go to any number of other venders and purchase the digital copy of the Extended Edition. It seems that only VUDU does not have it, and I'm very curious how/why they alone seem to have been left out in the cold. Like most, I watch all my UV/digital content on VUDU because it's still the best quality. Hoping for the best.
                Last edited by DanielH; 11-21-2013, 10:15 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                  Could we please have a Mod shed some light on this? Will the extended edition be available here December 3rd?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                    Apparently VUDU wants us to buy the Extended Version through other distributors unless of course they change course and want my money for this movie.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                      Not a good sign.

                      http://www.foxdigitalhd.com/the-wolv...=1x1anchorcast

                      They dont have Vudu listed.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                        not really sure is the extended edition is indeed the one shown on the HD website.

                        if it is, why is this one labeled pg-13 and 126 min same running time as theatrical

                        The Wolverine- Unleashed Extended Edition

                        Rating: PG-13
                        Runtime: 126 minutes
                        Genre: Action,Fantasy,Science-Fiction


                        might be something up with that

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                          Originally posted by watcherseven View Post
                          not really sure is the extended edition is indeed the one shown on the HD website.

                          if it is, why is this one labeled pg-13 and 126 min same running time as theatrical

                          The Wolverine- Unleashed Extended Edition

                          Rating: PG-13
                          Runtime: 126 minutes
                          Genre: Action,Fantasy,Science-Fiction


                          might be something up with that
                          I think its just a mistake on their part.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                            The extended verison is 138 Min. long.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Vudu not to have Wolverine Extended Edition

                              That's terrible news, I hope VUDU gets the Extended Edition. Speaking of which, we still need The Patriot Extended too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X