atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disapointing Walmart Experience

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Disapointing Walmart Experience

    I've converted 70+ movies to have on my Vudu online account from the disc to digital app at home. However, 9 movies could not be converted for one reason or another.

    I reluctantly took these into Walmart, knowing that if they had been able to scan online I could save 50% on the conversion fee but they failed and I wanted these movies to always be available.

    Once I arrived, I was told that the Vudu service was broke last time the representative checked. But she tested it again and found it online - she then looked up my information, found the "movies" by using the printed out sheet of 9 movies that Vudu instructed me to print.

    From there, things went downhill - After printing out a barcode from the Vudu service - she was unable to scan and charge me for the order. This took about 10 minutes of time - trying to scan, trying to enter the code manually, even to trying to enter the SKU from the DVD's themselves (not the right path). A supervisor was called and this took another 5-7 minutes to find a path of entering D85 as a product code and "MOVIES" as the description, then charged me the $27 + tax as listed on the Vudu print out.

    Two hours later I'm at home, I did not find the email that I was told should be waiting, so I check my Vudu collection and none of the new movies are waiting. I started a incident with Vudu online support and produced a copy of my receipt and disc to digital list.

    They could not release my movies that I bought and paid for due to a 10th movie that was added at Walmart, Apparently a later home scan of a movie Percy Jackson was left in my queue (the queue I cannot see, touch, feel or imagine) and it was added to my purchased movies, however it was not paid for. Forgive me, I have no clue how they did this or how I'm remotely responsible for it. Previously at the store I gave them the list, she had verified the list with my physical DVD's while checking out.

    I was asked about the 10th movie, I said to forget about it, just give me access to the nine I had already paid for - and that ended the conversation as they could not assist me further, I had to wait to speak to Tier 3 on the next business day.

    So here I am on the next business day, I call in and give my incident number and right off the support technician reads off my previous purchases which did not include the nine conversions purchased the prior day and that were the center of the incident. After repeating that he did not find this purchase, he agrees that I have sent the receipt, showing payment for the 9 movies that I wanted converted and seems to be reluctant to escalate up.

    After a few minutes on hold he returns and lets me know that I may have been correct (Great!) on paying for the movies that were the center of discussion and that they would have to remove this tenth movie in order for me to see what I had already purchased.

    I asked how can I modify or see this queue and was told that I could not. They would have to do it manually on the back end and reject this tenth movie for me.

    Now nearly 24 hours after I purchased the movies - they are available. It only took an hour to drive to Walmart and another hour and fifteen minutes on the phone.

    It's disappointing, I invested too much time into this conversion as compared to the successful 70+ conversions with the at home experience - I also paid too much. Using the beta software I scanned these in months ago, and gave the feedback as prompted in the application for movies such as Fight Club, 2010 The year we make contact, Monster House, Fifth Element, Doom, Final Fantasy - after doing so the UI said I would be notified when they were made available - none of these ever were. So I went to Walmart for the manual route - and well, again disappointing.

    In the end, I paid more for this route, spent too much time and walk away with a disheartened feeling towards this service. I'm not comfortable with the Walmart experience, from tech support I get a half hearted 'sorry', but not even a offer of credit to a new conversion for the time and energy to complete this purchase.

    #2
    Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

    yes Walmart employees don't know how to do there jobs, they don't care as well, the worst attitudes on top of that, the training for this service is the worst by far, vudu should have reps come in weekly to make sure the correct associates are trained...

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

      As much as I don't like the other D2D services, it probably is easier to just use them for DVD conversions if possible, rather than taking them to a Walmart. The headache is far less & it costs the same. The frustrating thing is the lack of coordination between the in-home and in-store programs. The movies end up in the same place, why is it almost impossible for customer service to fix issues from in-store conversions? The Walmart employees I've dealt with obviously don't want to be bothered with it and I've had multiple employees at multiple stores tell me that the program is no longer active.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

        Agreed. I have been to Wal-Marts four times - at two locations; and I have only been able to convert discs once, with one employee who actually knows how to do it. ("Only Matt knows how to do it." "Oh, we can't do that. The system is down." "Yeah, we tried that before, and it didn't work. Sorry." "I'm sorry, but we can't find your account.")

        This is surprising for something that Wal-Mart is pushing hard: people want it, but they are making the process too painful to bother in most cases from what I have observed.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

          I'm glad that at least one of the people at the local Wally world understands how to get through the Vudu process. She's noticed lately that unless she overrides the security notices due to certificate errors and/or similar issues then she can't continue the process. The biggest issue other than that is the barcodes aren't printing for the employees to use for completing the process. She has to write down the code that gets input for charging for the transaction and then type that code in manually. Once she does that they process can be completed with me paying for the discs I've gotten converted.

          I keep saying I'm pretty much done with the flicks that I might wish to convert, but if the Disney floodgates open, I know I'm going to wind up converting a batch of stuff. Other than them and the Star Wars, I have most of what I might ever want available in my library now. That said, there are a few other items as well (12 Angry Men, Guys and Dolls, and some other titles that I'd really like to have available in HDX rather than crappy SD).

          It would sure be nice if Vudu/Wal-Mart would get things fixed so that the employees wouldn't have such a tough time getting the process working.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

            Yep. The last time I went to try conversions at Walmart, they HAD NO IDEA what I was talking about. They acted as if that promotion had gone away, and no one in the store knew how to do it. So, I walked away with the realization that I would just have to give a few more bucks to the fine folks at Flixster, whose DVD recognition service almost always works on qualifying discs (except for Blurays, unfortunately).

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

              Originally posted by theogeek_nola View Post
              Yep. The last time I went to try conversions at Walmart, they HAD NO IDEA what I was talking about. They acted as if that promotion had gone away, and no one in the store knew how to do it. So, I walked away with the realization that I would just have to give a few more bucks to the fine folks at Flixster, whose DVD recognition service almost always works on qualifying discs (except for Blurays, unfortunately).
              Weird, I have three Wal-Marts near me. Each one is a SuperCenter. I have done D2D in each at one point or another.

              At the main one I go to, the folks at the photo counter know me by name.

              If you have any problem, I think all the photo counters have a VUDU D2D promotion card on display. You could just hand the card to the staff and say, "Here, I would like to do this."

              If they are unfamiliar with it, you handing them one of their own cards will make them have to figure it out for you.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                I was going to my local Walmart (Germantown, MD) weekly when the D2D program started, and every single staff member there knew how to run the Vudu conversion program. I've gotten to know pretty much all six of them by name at this point. I've only had problems a couple of times, and it has never been their fault. Twice Vudu ate my queue after paying for the conversion, and they issued a refund and simply redid the movies on my next trip. Once they had problems printing the bar code to charge (the system was being changed, and the barcode printed sideways -- and got cut off by the paper). They solved this by finding new label paper (wider) and reprinting, which took about five minutes. I'd say my problems were minor, quickly resolved. Fast, friendly, very professional.

                -- John

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                  Originally posted by terpfan1980 View Post
                  ... The biggest issue other than that is the barcodes aren't printing for the employees to use for completing the process. She has to write down the code that gets input for charging for the transaction and then type that code in manually. Once she does that they process can be completed with me paying for the discs I've gotten converted.

                  ...
                  At one of the closest Walmarts, they have to walk over to the electronics department because they say they can't print out the barcodes either in the photo department. As long as it gets done, I'm happy.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                    At-home queue: http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
                    Walmart queue: http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html

                    You can still add them at home, but you cannot add them in store because Walmart's D2D is broken for me and my 3 near stores...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                      Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                      Weird, I have three Wal-Marts near me. Each one is a SuperCenter. I have done D2D in each at one point or another.

                      At the main one I go to, the folks at the photo counter know me by name.

                      If you have any problem, I think all the photo counters have a VUDU D2D promotion card on display. You could just hand the card to the staff and say, "Here, I would like to do this."

                      If they are unfamiliar with it, you handing them one of their own cards will make them have to figure it out for you.
                      I fully expect that to be the case in a lot of other places, but I live in a city historically known as the "city that care forgot." It's unlike any other place in these here United States.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                        Originally posted by lujan View Post
                        At one of the closest Walmarts, they have to walk over to the electronics department because they say they can't print out the barcodes either in the photo department. As long as it gets done, I'm happy.
                        I totally agree. This is the only place I can add one of my Bluray titles onto an iVoD platform. I do not have a Bluray drive in any of my computers, so in-home is not an option for me.

                        iTunes doesn't have anyway, nor does Amazon. My only way of getting one of my Bluray titles added is working with the photo counter staff at one of my local Wal-Marts.

                        If it takes a little effort or causes a little frustration, the reward of having a permanent copy on an iVoD platform is worth the hassle, IMHO.

                        Originally posted by theogeek_nola View Post
                        I fully expect that to be the case in a lot of other places, but I live in a city historically known as the "city that care forgot." It's unlike any other place in these here United States.
                        A hamlet Stephan King would write about. I fully understand.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                          Originally posted by wildside View Post
                          I was going to my local Walmart (Germantown, MD) weekly when the D2D program started, and every single staff member there knew how to run the Vudu conversion program. I've gotten to know pretty much all six of them by name at this point. I've only had problems a couple of times, and it has never been their fault. Twice Vudu ate my queue after paying for the conversion, and they issued a refund and simply redid the movies on my next trip. Once they had problems printing the bar code to charge (the system was being changed, and the barcode printed sideways -- and got cut off by the paper). They solved this by finding new label paper (wider) and reprinting, which took about five minutes. I'd say my problems were minor, quickly resolved. Fast, friendly, very professional.

                          -- John
                          I went to the Germantown Wally World on 9/21 just to finally salvage a damaged disc I had been waiting to convert. The two people at the photo counter took a while, and they kept going back to the binder, but they got it done eventually. (It did nuke my in-home D2D cart, but Vudu was nice enough to restore that for me...and those have now been purchased, too.)

                          I may go back after the promo ends with the discs not recognized. Which counter and what time of day and week do you recommend? I wish they had one of those booth/kiosk thingies, I really want to try that out. I'm used to providing my own tech support anyway.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                            Went to visit local Wally world tonite to try to get some discs that I had in my que done. No joy tonite. The Photo center employee tried diligently, but wasn't able to get it to work. Some error that she just couldn't get past as she tried to complete the process.

                            She tried phoning in for support and even with them on the phone she couldn't get it to work. Guess I get to revisit again later.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Disapointing Walmart Experience

                              Originally posted by terpfan1980 View Post
                              Went to visit local Wally world tonite to try to get some discs that I had in my que done. No joy tonite. The Photo center employee tried diligently, but wasn't able to get it to work. Some error that she just couldn't get past as she tried to complete the process.

                              She tried phoning in for support and even with them on the phone she couldn't get it to work. Guess I get to revisit again later.
                              I tried 3 stores last night. 1 store said they don't do it at all because it never worked. The other two stores tried really hard but an error kept popping up saying failed to create digital copies. Apparently it's a nationwide problem. Wish there was a way to find out when it will be/is fixed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X