atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

    I have never once walked into a Walmart with the goal being 'Disc to Digital', and walked out happy. Never. Not a single time. The last time took 8 trips to Walmart on a single order. Today I walked away disappointed once again.

    My at home Disc to Digital couldn't identify two DVDs: Charade and Bean. Both were double feature discs and had another movie on the disc as well. This may have been why they couldn't be ID'd. I take them into Walmart to pay the 5.00 instead of the 2.50 I'd pay to do it at home. So I'm already willing to pay twice as much to have it done. I tell the guy I want 'Disc to Digital'. He looks at my DVDs and says, "aren't these already digital?". When I told him I wanted Vudu he said, "Oh, that's something different altogether." (These people don't even know the name of the service they are selling!!). He asked if I made the list at home. I told him I did not. He said he couldn't help me if I didn't make a list first. Finally he agreed to help. He got an error saying 'pending confirmation'. I suggested he cancel it out and try again. He said, "What would be the point in trying again? I think you should just go home and make the list."

    I went home and tried to make the list, and couldn't. The search field wouldn't search for anything. I typed in 'Charade' and hit enter. Nothing. I typed in 'Bean' and hit enter. Nothing. I call Vudu customer service and DeeDee tells me that if they aren't coming up, then they aren't available titles. I informed her that this was NOT true as both titles did come up as eligible in the at home Disc to Digital. She also tells me that making the list isn't necessary. I tell her how the guy in the store said it was.

    Walmart owns Vudu. Walmart is the parent company. Yet whenever there is a problem in Walmart, they have no frakkin' clue what to do. I call Vudu, and Vudu passes the buck to Walmart saying that Walmart is responsible for training their employees and that Walmart tech support must fix the problem. It's just passing the buck....IT'S THE SAME COMPANY !!

    The last time I had an issue in Walmart, the Walmart employee told me to go home and do it with At Home Disc to Digital. I kindly explained to her that I don't have a Blu-Ray drive in my computer and thus I can only do Disc to Digital at home for DVDs, not Blu-Ray titles. Her response: "Why don't you just buy a blu-ray drive, convert the movies, and then return it?"

    The system is broken.

    #2
    Re: Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

    6 of my 7 or so in-store D2D experiences have been pretty smooth, but I recognize that it has a lot to do with the specific employees you wind up with.

    The reality is that a tiny number (read: financially insignificant) of people are using the in-store service so you're not going to see an improvement with training, education, etc. It's just not going to happen. I'm not sure that the service will exist much longer.

    While the in-home program has as many holes as it does, or since many of us have a few scratched up discs, it's best to learn some best practices when doing the in-store version:

    * Absolutely create your list before going in. It saves many steps and eliminates points at which an untrained employee could stumble. It sounds like you were simply having some browser errors creating your list at home. I type in both of those movies and I see matches. If you're not getting prompted with common movie names as you type, your browser or the page is misbehaving. Switch to another browser and try again. I'm seen my browser get into a funky state where that pop-up doesn't appear. Often, a refresh does the trick.

    * Most of us live within range of a few Walmarts. Try a different one. I have three near home or work. One has a couple of well-trained people around mid-day while another has some good people in the evenings.

    * Be forgiving of the employee's problems with terminology. It's just not a familiar program. What really counts is that they can pick up that binder and follow the instructions quickly. Some of my successful transactions have been by employees who were doing it their first time, but they were generally sharp people and got through it quickly. It helps if you know the steps yourself and can offer some guidance.

    * If it's just not working, it's possible it's a Vudu issue. This forum will have some posts referring to it in that case. Don't assume it's the employee. But, if it appears to be the employee, ask when someone who has done it before will be around.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

      Originally posted by Joefiore1976 View Post
      My at home Disc to Digital couldn't identify two DVDs: Charade and Bean.
      Bean is available as a free HDX selection when you add a payment type to your Vudu account. If main account already has payment type added. You can add a payment type to a secondary Vudu account linked to your main UV account.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

        Originally posted by Joefiore1976 View Post
        I have never once walked into a Walmart with the goal being 'Disc to Digital', and walked out happy. Never. Not a single time. The last time took 8 trips to Walmart on a single order. Today I walked away disappointed once again.

        My at home Disc to Digital couldn't identify two DVDs: Charade and Bean. Both were double feature discs and had another movie on the disc as well. This may have been why they couldn't be ID'd. I take them into Walmart to pay the 5.00 instead of the 2.50 I'd pay to do it at home. So I'm already willing to pay twice as much to have it done. I tell the guy I want 'Disc to Digital'. He looks at my DVDs and says, "aren't these already digital?". When I told him I wanted Vudu he said, "Oh, that's something different altogether." (These people don't even know the name of the service they are selling!!). He asked if I made the list at home. I told him I did not. He said he couldn't help me if I didn't make a list first. Finally he agreed to help. He got an error saying 'pending confirmation'. I suggested he cancel it out and try again. He said, "What would be the point in trying again? I think you should just go home and make the list."

        I went home and tried to make the list, and couldn't. The search field wouldn't search for anything. I typed in 'Charade' and hit enter. Nothing. I typed in 'Bean' and hit enter. Nothing. I call Vudu customer service and DeeDee tells me that if they aren't coming up, then they aren't available titles. I informed her that this was NOT true as both titles did come up as eligible in the at home Disc to Digital. She also tells me that making the list isn't necessary. I tell her how the guy in the store said it was.

        Walmart owns Vudu. Walmart is the parent company. Yet whenever there is a problem in Walmart, they have no frakkin' clue what to do. I call Vudu, and Vudu passes the buck to Walmart saying that Walmart is responsible for training their employees and that Walmart tech support must fix the problem. It's just passing the buck....IT'S THE SAME COMPANY !!

        The last time I had an issue in Walmart, the Walmart employee told me to go home and do it with At Home Disc to Digital. I kindly explained to her that I don't have a Blu-Ray drive in my computer and thus I can only do Disc to Digital at home for DVDs, not Blu-Ray titles. Her response: "Why don't you just buy a blu-ray drive, convert the movies, and then return it?"

        The system is broken.
        It could be an issue you can't fix on your side. Send me a PM with your account email address included. It may help to clear it out completely from our end.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

          Originally posted by MattO View Post
          * Be forgiving of the employee's problems with terminology. It's just not a familiar program. What really counts is that they can pick up that binder and follow the instructions quickly. Some of my successful transactions have been by employees who were doing it their first time, but they were generally sharp people and got through it quickly. It helps if you know the steps yourself and can offer some guidance.
          An employee should be familiar with their job; no excuses. I can understand they might be new to the program but they at least they need to make an effort to try. People can be awfully forgiving if you give it your best. Those comments, if true, by the employee are unexcusable. There is no excuse to making excuses for not being familiar with your roles and responsibilties.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Disc to Digital at Walmart is the pits. I've had it.

            I just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Daniel for his help. It was very much appreciated.

            Comment

            Working...
            X