Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In-store D2D shows up in other UV services, but in-home D2D does not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-store D2D shows up in other UV services, but in-home D2D does not??

I've used Vudu exclusively for the past few months. I initially converted as many of my discs as possible via in-home D2D conversion, but today I went to a Walmart store to do the last few that in-home D2D wasn't able to do yet.

I checked my UV account at for the first time at https://www.uvvu.com. 16 of the UV-enabled purchases that I made at the store are visible, but the 200 or so UV-enabled purchases I made with in-home D2D are not. Is this expected behavior?? If it's expected, then how do I go about upgrading the ones I did at home so that they're usable across other services? As a last resort I suppose I could get a refund on the ones I did at home so that I can take them to the store and get them added to my multi-service UV account? Any advice?

Re: In-store D2D shows up in other UV services, but in-home D2D does not??

Is it possible that you have more than one Vudu account?

Comment

The UltraViolet website is going through some upgades, and may not always show all of your titles. Your titles are still there, in the backend server, and they should show up at other UV services. It's a pain that you can't see them, but that's why uvvu posted this message.

Welcome to the brand new UVVU.com. Since this is your first visit, your Library may take some time to load. Please be patient. Not all your movies and TV shows are listed below, but rest assured they are still in place and can be streamed and downloaded from your favorite UltraViolet services. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Comment

Also, when the message says to be patient, you have to be really patient because 'sometime to load' means months.
        My UV account shows 0 titles but some sub-members can see a few. My Vudu account correctly shows 1409 movies. That is the only website you can trust to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by cmleblanc View Post
          Also, when the message says to be patient, you have to be really patient because 'sometime to load' means months.
          My UV account shows 0 titles but some sub-members can see a few. My Vudu account correctly shows 1409 movies. That is the only website you can trust to be correct.
          they are a not-for-profit consortium organization. If your transactions are in Vudu and another Ultraviolet provider, they they are in your Nustar data store. It is just the UVVU front end is something developed by a not-for-profit organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
            they are a not-for-profit consortium organization. If your transactions are in Vudu and another Ultraviolet provider, they they are in your Nustar data store. It is just the UVVU front end is something developed by a not-for-profit organization.
            May be non profit, but I think they have access to significant resources and $$ though.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...tent_Ecosystem

a consortium of major Hollywood studios, consumer electronics manufacturers and retailers, network hardware vendors, systems integrators and Digital Rights Management (DRM) vendors.
            members include:
            Adobe Systems
            Akamai Technologies
            Alcatel Lucent
            Arxan Technologies
            Best Buy
            BluFocus Inc.
            British Sky Broadcasting
            British Telecom
            CableLabs
            castLabs
            Catch Media
            Cineplex Entertainment
            Cisco
            Comcast Corporation
            Cox Communications
            CSG Systems' Content Direct
            Deluxe Digital
            Dolby Laboratories
            DTS (sound system)
            Elemental Technologies
            Empathy Lab
            Ericsson
            Fanhattan
            FilmFlex
            Fox Entertainment Group
            Fujitsu
            Gibson Brands
            Hewlett Packard
            Huawei Technologies
            IBM
            Intel
            Irdeto
            Kaleidescape
            LG Electronics
            Liberty Global
            Lionsgate
            LOVEFiLM
            Marvell Semiconductor
            Microsoft Corporation
            M-GO
            MOD Systems
            Motorola Mobility
            My Eye Media
            Nagravision
            NBC Universal
            NDS Group
            Netflix
            Neustar
            Nokia
            Ooyala
            PacketVideo
            Panasonic
            Paramount Pictures
            Royal Philips Electronics
            QuickPlay Media
            RIAA
            Red Bee Media
            Rovi Corporation
            Saffron Digital
            Samsung Electronics
            SeaChange International
            Sonic Solutions
            Sony Corporation
            Switch Communications
            Technicolor
            Tesco
            Testronic Labs
            Toggle
            Toshiba
            Verance
            Verimatrix
            VeriSign Inc.
            Warner Bros. Entertainment
            Widevine Technologies
            Zoran

Comment

Neustar is the company that runs the data store and website. They are sort of a contractor for the DECE. That's no excuse, it just means that there are multiple "bosses" in the UltraViolet system. And that is one of its disadvantages. I do hope they can come together enough to work out the remaining bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                Neustar is the company that runs the data store and website. They are sort of a contractor for the DECE. That's no excuse, it just means that there are multiple "bosses" in the UltraViolet system. And that is one of its disadvantages. I do hope they can come together enough to work out the remaining bugs.
                The UVVU site will never be on par with iTunes. True there are ~85 member companies that make up the consortium who pay member fees. Those fees go to pay for the administrative costs of the systems. These include the Nustar contract as well as their office space and staff salaries / expenses.

I guess I was saying that if you wanted to validate if a title made it into the DECE Nustar data store and the UVVU front end web site is slow to update, what I do is just look at my UV library in another UV provider. If the title is there, which it almost always is just seconds after adding to to Vudu, then I know the DECE Nustar data store has successfully had a record added for the title and it has propagated to the other UV providers.

Anyway, that is what I do.

Comment

Working...
                X