atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

    I have been involved in Digital Copies via iTunes, Vudu, and Ultraviolet for a couple of years now but it still seems like I am still learning something new things.

    It used to be that New Disney Blu-rays were exclusive to iTunes. A few months back, that changed, and then New Disney movies could be used at either iTunes or Vudu, but not both. Some companies like Universal give you BOTH an iTunes Digital Copy and an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. That is great!! That typically covers both Digital Copy worlds so to speak.

    I also have to mention that with my Ultraviolet account, I have (3) active "users" on my account (family members) that can watch whatever I have on my Ultraviolet account. That is great!!

    So, today, I purchase Disney's Frozen and I admit it just says "Digital HD" and I knew that now I have to pick either iTunes or Vudu (there are others I'm sure) but I guess I assumed that if I pick Vudu, it would get assigned to my Ultraviolet account and my other "users" would be able to watch it. Nope. I can watch it on my Vudu account but nobody else linked to my Ultraviolet account. Sorry, Disney, but that seems cheap and cheesy. Maybe someday Disney will offer either an iTunes or Ultraviolet version or both, better yet! Disney = Digital Greedy.

    So, with qualifying Blu-ray/DVD purchases:

    Digital HD 1 = Either iTunes or Vudu or some other streaming service but only (1) Digital Copy.

    Digital HD 2 = Both iTunes AND Ultraviolet Digital copies

    Digital HD 3 = iTunes Digital Copy only (This seems to be dying out or is already gone)

    Ultraviolet = Shared across multiple streaming services and to other "Ultraviolet User Accounts" but does not include iTunes

    Other Non Blu-ray/DVD services:

    Digital HD 4 = These are movies and TV shows that you purchase via Vudu, Target Ticket, iTunes, etc. but are strictly tied to the streaming services that you purchased them from

    Amazon = Another streaming service which can be viewed via many streaming devices but sort of out there on its own

    Just seems like, sometimes, you're just not quite sure what you are going to get with "Digital Copies" unless you read ALL of the fine lines.

    So, if other family members on my Ultraviolet User accounts want to watch Disney's Frozen, they will just have to rent or purchase it themselves.

    #2
    Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

    Was there a question in there I missed?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

      With Disney's new Disney Movies Anywhere system, you can get both iTunes and VUDU copies of Frozen.

      Disney does not really spell out how to do this however. You want to go to disneymoviesanywhere.com and click on rewards, then put in your code, this will add it to your DMA account. If your DMA account is linked to your iTunes account, it will automatically appear in iTunes.

      Then you go to digitalcopyplus.com and put your code in there too, this will allow you to select VUDU (or one of their other options).

      Unfortunately Disney seems to be touting their DMA system as an alternative to ultraviolet at least for now. I personally don't think that offering an iTunes connection makes up for any of the drawbacks to this system vs. Ultraviolet, I would prefer they use ultraviolet.

      There have been some rumors that DMA might someday link with VUDU and/or UV as well.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

        Originally posted by llibal View Post
        I have been involved in Digital Copies via iTunes, Vudu, and Ultraviolet for a couple of years now but it still seems like I am still learning something new things.

        It used to be that New Disney Blu-rays were exclusive to iTunes. A few months back, that changed, and then New Disney movies could be used at either iTunes or Vudu, but not both. Some companies like Universal give you BOTH an iTunes Digital Copy and an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. That is great!! That typically covers both Digital Copy worlds so to speak.

        I also have to mention that with my Ultraviolet account, I have (3) active "users" on my account (family members) that can watch whatever I have on my Ultraviolet account. That is great!!

        So, today, I purchase Disney's Frozen and I admit it just says "Digital HD" and I knew that now I have to pick either iTunes or Vudu (there are others I'm sure) but I guess I assumed that if I pick Vudu, it would get assigned to my Ultraviolet account and my other "users" would be able to watch it. Nope. I can watch it on my Vudu account but nobody else linked to my Ultraviolet account. Sorry, Disney, but that seems cheap and cheesy. Maybe someday Disney will offer either an iTunes or Ultraviolet version or both, better yet! Disney = Digital Greedy.

        So, with qualifying Blu-ray/DVD purchases:

        Digital HD 1 = Either iTunes or Vudu or some other streaming service but only (1) Digital Copy.

        Digital HD 2 = Both iTunes AND Ultraviolet Digital copies

        Digital HD 3 = iTunes Digital Copy only (This seems to be dying out or is already gone)

        Ultraviolet = Shared across multiple streaming services and to other "Ultraviolet User Accounts" but does not include iTunes

        Other Non Blu-ray/DVD services:

        Digital HD 4 = These are movies and TV shows that you purchase via Vudu, Target Ticket, iTunes, etc. but are strictly tied to the streaming services that you purchased them from

        Amazon = Another streaming service which can be viewed via many streaming devices but sort of out there on its own

        Just seems like, sometimes, you're just not quite sure what you are going to get with "Digital Copies" unless you read ALL of the fine lines.

        So, if other family members on my Ultraviolet User accounts want to watch Disney's Frozen, they will just have to rent or purchase it themselves.
        1 post roast?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

          Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it. The best we're gonna see is Vudu joining DMA, which IMO will be sooner rather than later -- but not yet. (I've heard reports of six months to a year for iTunes exclusivity with DMA.)

          The real travesty, though, is that those of us who did the Walmart/Vudu preorder are getting *only* Vudu as their DC. We got special SKUs for Frozen whose DMR codes are *only* for DMR, *not* DMA/iTunes; the codes won't work at the DC+ site at all. I was hoping to use this to get streaming options at Google Play & iTunes as well as Vudu; but Disney & Vudu intentionally blocked that. (Not only that, but Vudu only gave us one trailer as an extra.)

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

            Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
            Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it. The best we're gonna see is Vudu joining DMA, which IMO will be sooner rather than later -- but not yet. (I've heard reports of six months to a year for iTunes exclusivity with DMA.)

            The real travesty, though, is that those of us who did the Walmart/Vudu preorder are getting *only* Vudu as their DC. We got special SKUs for Frozen whose DMR codes are *only* for DMR, *not* DMA/iTunes; the codes won't work at the DC+ site at all. I was hoping to use this to get streaming options at Google Play & iTunes as well as Vudu; but Disney & Vudu intentionally blocked that. (Not only that, but Vudu only gave us one trailer as an extra.)
            Seems like there is little to no reason to do the pre-orders now, either arriving late or sending a gimped copy.

            Gotta love the internet outrage in the first post.

            Disney is not UV and Vudu is not synonymous with UV. Repeat.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

              Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
              Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it.
              Nor will an X-Box EVER have a Bluray player. HD-DVD ONLY!!!!!!!!

              ...oh, wait.



              Disney Studios will join DECE. It will just take awhile longer for them to get religion.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                I was able to add Frozen to Vudu. I just selected redeem Ultraviolet Copy and selected Frozen and entered the Disney Magic Code and it worked.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                  Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                  Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it. The best we're gonna see is Vudu joining DMA, which IMO will be sooner rather than later -- but not yet. (I've heard reports of six months to a year for iTunes exclusivity with DMA.)

                  The real travesty, though, is that those of us who did the Walmart/Vudu preorder are getting *only* Vudu as their DC. We got special SKUs for Frozen whose DMR codes are *only* for DMR, *not* DMA/iTunes; the codes won't work at the DC+ site at all. I was hoping to use this to get streaming options at Google Play & iTunes as well as Vudu; but Disney & Vudu intentionally blocked that. (Not only that, but Vudu only gave us one trailer as an extra.)
                  I had this problem with Iron Man 3 WM Preorder. I called DMA support and they added it to my account after cross-checking my DMR account.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                    Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                    I had this problem with Iron Man 3 WM Preorder. I called DMA support and they added it to my account after cross-checking my DMR account.
                    I will have to do this with IM3 and Frozen as I preordered both.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                      Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                      I had this problem with Iron Man 3 WM Preorder. I called DMA support and they added it to my account after cross-checking my DMR account.
                      I will have to do this as well. Ironman 3 and Frozen are not showing in my DMA locker because I purchased them as Vudu pre-orders at Walmart.

                      Can you post the support number you called?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                        Originally posted by Keggity View Post
                        I will have to do this as well. Ironman 3 and Frozen are not showing in my DMA locker because I purchased them as Vudu pre-orders at Walmart.

                        Can you post the support number you called?
                        From the response email from my support ticket: "You can also contact us at (855) 347-3722 and a cast member will gladly assist you! We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 8:00PM CST, and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00AM to 8:00PM CST."

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                          I called DMA twice, and was not able to get Frozen added. They claim the Vudu pre-order is different, and not included in DMA. So I bought I code from someone for $6, and added that.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                            I have Iron Man 3 preorder from Walmart, but I had another regular Digital Copy code for IM3. I used that DC code on DMR site and got IM3 added to DMA & iTunes. No DMR points were given. My DMR reply:

                            Iron Man 3 3D Blu-ray
                            You've earned 0 points This code is only valid for digital copy.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

                              Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                              Nor will an X-Box EVER have a Bluray player. HD-DVD ONLY!!!!!!!!

                              ...oh, wait.



                              Disney Studios will join DECE. It will just take awhile longer for them to get religion.
                              I agree. Disney spent a crapload to develop Keychest, which was basically converted and renamed into Disney Movies Anywhere. They have to save face with their investors, prove the tech they spent all that money on works. But i'd say around early 2015 they will announce they are joining UV, and will gracefully link the systems so the UV logo appears in your Vudu movies that you also have on DMA. And they will exist side by side for a while.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X