Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

I have been involved in Digital Copies via iTunes, Vudu, and Ultraviolet for a couple of years now but it still seems like I am still learning something new things.

It used to be that New Disney Blu-rays were exclusive to iTunes. A few months back, that changed, and then New Disney movies could be used at either iTunes or Vudu, but not both. Some companies like Universal give you BOTH an iTunes Digital Copy and an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. That is great!! That typically covers both Digital Copy worlds so to speak.

I also have to mention that with my Ultraviolet account, I have (3) active "users" on my account (family members) that can watch whatever I have on my Ultraviolet account. That is great!!

So, today, I purchase Disney's Frozen and I admit it just says "Digital HD" and I knew that now I have to pick either iTunes or Vudu (there are others I'm sure) but I guess I assumed that if I pick Vudu, it would get assigned to my Ultraviolet account and my other "users" would be able to watch it. Nope. I can watch it on my Vudu account but nobody else linked to my Ultraviolet account. Sorry, Disney, but that seems cheap and cheesy. Maybe someday Disney will offer either an iTunes or Ultraviolet version or both, better yet! Disney = Digital Greedy.

So, with qualifying Blu-ray/DVD purchases:

Digital HD 1 = Either iTunes or Vudu or some other streaming service but only (1) Digital Copy.

Digital HD 2 = Both iTunes AND Ultraviolet Digital copies

Digital HD 3 = iTunes Digital Copy only (This seems to be dying out or is already gone)

Ultraviolet = Shared across multiple streaming services and to other "Ultraviolet User Accounts" but does not include iTunes

Other Non Blu-ray/DVD services:

Digital HD 4 = These are movies and TV shows that you purchase via Vudu, Target Ticket, iTunes, etc. but are strictly tied to the streaming services that you purchased them from

Amazon = Another streaming service which can be viewed via many streaming devices but sort of out there on its own

Just seems like, sometimes, you're just not quite sure what you are going to get with "Digital Copies" unless you read ALL of the fine lines.

So, if other family members on my Ultraviolet User accounts want to watch Disney's Frozen, they will just have to rent or purchase it themselves.

Re: Disney's Frozen - Digital HD - Not Ultraviolet

Was there a question in there I missed?

Comment

With Disney's new Disney Movies Anywhere system, you can get both iTunes and VUDU copies of Frozen.

Disney does not really spell out how to do this however. You want to go to disneymoviesanywhere.com and click on rewards, then put in your code, this will add it to your DMA account. If your DMA account is linked to your iTunes account, it will automatically appear in iTunes.

Then you go to digitalcopyplus.com and put your code in there too, this will allow you to select VUDU (or one of their other options).

Unfortunately Disney seems to be touting their DMA system as an alternative to ultraviolet at least for now. I personally don't think that offering an iTunes connection makes up for any of the drawbacks to this system vs. Ultraviolet, I would prefer they use ultraviolet.

There have been some rumors that DMA might someday link with VUDU and/or UV as well.

Comment

Originally posted by llibal View Post
        I have been involved in Digital Copies via iTunes, Vudu, and Ultraviolet for a couple of years now but it still seems like I am still learning something new things.

It used to be that New Disney Blu-rays were exclusive to iTunes. A few months back, that changed, and then New Disney movies could be used at either iTunes or Vudu, but not both. Some companies like Universal give you BOTH an iTunes Digital Copy and an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. That is great!! That typically covers both Digital Copy worlds so to speak.

I also have to mention that with my Ultraviolet account, I have (3) active "users" on my account (family members) that can watch whatever I have on my Ultraviolet account. That is great!!

So, today, I purchase Disney's Frozen and I admit it just says "Digital HD" and I knew that now I have to pick either iTunes or Vudu (there are others I'm sure) but I guess I assumed that if I pick Vudu, it would get assigned to my Ultraviolet account and my other "users" would be able to watch it. Nope. I can watch it on my Vudu account but nobody else linked to my Ultraviolet account. Sorry, Disney, but that seems cheap and cheesy. Maybe someday Disney will offer either an iTunes or Ultraviolet version or both, better yet! Disney = Digital Greedy.

So, with qualifying Blu-ray/DVD purchases:

Digital HD 1 = Either iTunes or Vudu or some other streaming service but only (1) Digital Copy.

Digital HD 2 = Both iTunes AND Ultraviolet Digital copies

Digital HD 3 = iTunes Digital Copy only (This seems to be dying out or is already gone)

Ultraviolet = Shared across multiple streaming services and to other "Ultraviolet User Accounts" but does not include iTunes

Other Non Blu-ray/DVD services:

Digital HD 4 = These are movies and TV shows that you purchase via Vudu, Target Ticket, iTunes, etc. but are strictly tied to the streaming services that you purchased them from

Amazon = Another streaming service which can be viewed via many streaming devices but sort of out there on its own

Just seems like, sometimes, you're just not quite sure what you are going to get with "Digital Copies" unless you read ALL of the fine lines.

So, if other family members on my Ultraviolet User accounts want to watch Disney's Frozen, they will just have to rent or purchase it themselves.
        1 post roast?

Comment

Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it. The best we're gonna see is Vudu joining DMA, which IMO will be sooner rather than later -- but not yet. (I've heard reports of six months to a year for iTunes exclusivity with DMA.)

The real travesty, though, is that those of us who did the Walmart/Vudu preorder are getting *only* Vudu as their DC. We got special SKUs for Frozen whose DMR codes are *only* for DMR, *not* DMA/iTunes; the codes won't work at the DC+ site at all. I was hoping to use this to get streaming options at Google Play & iTunes as well as Vudu; but Disney & Vudu intentionally blocked that. (Not only that, but Vudu only gave us one trailer as an extra.)

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
            Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it. The best we're gonna see is Vudu joining DMA, which IMO will be sooner rather than later -- but not yet. (I've heard reports of six months to a year for iTunes exclusivity with DMA.)

The real travesty, though, is that those of us who did the Walmart/Vudu preorder are getting *only* Vudu as their DC. We got special SKUs for Frozen whose DMR codes are *only* for DMR, *not* DMA/iTunes; the codes won't work at the DC+ site at all. I was hoping to use this to get streaming options at Google Play & iTunes as well as Vudu; but Disney & Vudu intentionally blocked that. (Not only that, but Vudu only gave us one trailer as an extra.)
            Seems like there is little to no reason to do the pre-orders now, either arriving late or sending a gimped copy.

Gotta love the internet outrage in the first post.

Disney is not UV and Vudu is not synonymous with UV. Repeat.

Comment

Disney is not gonna do UV, period; DMA only proves it.
              Nor will an X-Box EVER have a Bluray player. HD-DVD ONLY!!!!!!!!

...oh, wait.

Disney Studios will join DECE. It will just take awhile longer for them to get religion.

Comment

I was able to add Frozen to Vudu. I just selected redeem Ultraviolet Copy and selected Frozen and entered the Disney Magic Code and it worked.

Comment

I had this problem with Iron Man 3 WM Preorder. I called DMA support and they added it to my account after cross-checking my DMR account.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                    I had this problem with Iron Man 3 WM Preorder. I called DMA support and they added it to my account after cross-checking my DMR account.
                    I will have to do this with IM3 and Frozen as I preordered both.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                      I will have to do this as well. Ironman 3 and Frozen are not showing in my DMA locker because I purchased them as Vudu pre-orders at Walmart.

Can you post the support number you called?

Comment

Originally posted by Keggity View Post
                        I will have to do this as well. Ironman 3 and Frozen are not showing in my DMA locker because I purchased them as Vudu pre-orders at Walmart.

Can you post the support number you called?
                        From the response email from my support ticket: "You can also contact us at (855) 347-3722 and a cast member will gladly assist you! We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 8:00PM CST, and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00AM to 8:00PM CST."

Comment

I called DMA twice, and was not able to get Frozen added. They claim the Vudu pre-order is different, and not included in DMA. So I bought I code from someone for $6, and added that.

Comment

I have Iron Man 3 preorder from Walmart, but I had another regular Digital Copy code for IM3. I used that DC code on DMR site and got IM3 added to DMA & iTunes. No DMR points were given. My DMR reply:

Iron Man 3 3D Blu-ray
                            You've earned 0 points This code is only valid for digital copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                              Nor will an X-Box EVER have a Bluray player. HD-DVD ONLY!!!!!!!!

...oh, wait.

Disney Studios will join DECE. It will just take awhile longer for them to get religion.
                              I agree. Disney spent a crapload to develop Keychest, which was basically converted and renamed into Disney Movies Anywhere. They have to save face with their investors, prove the tech they spent all that money on works. But i'd say around early 2015 they will announce they are joining UV, and will gracefully link the systems so the UV logo appears in your Vudu movies that you also have on DMA. And they will exist side by side for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X