Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

MGM Movies Lost UV status!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Movies Lost UV status!

Robocop 1, 2, 3, and The Man with No Name Trilogy just lost their UV status. I was expecting them to add more titles soon, not take them away.

Re: MGM Movies Lost UV status!

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
    Robocop 1, 2, 3, and The Man with No Name Trilogy just lost their UV status. I was expecting them to add more titles soon, not take them away.
    I have Robocop (1987) and it still shows as UV in my collection

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
      So far, they are still reflecting my VUDU library as UV with the UV logo attached. I do not have Robocop 2 & 3 so I can not speak for them. They all show in Flixster, the No Name Trilogy has left the building in MGo, but Robocop still shows in MGo, Robocop is showing up in Cinema Now, the No Name Trilogy never did show up in Cinema Now either, it did briefly in MGo. Target Ticket still has Robocop, never did have the No Name Trilogy. So far that is my experience, will keep an eye on them for changes - Thank You.

Comment

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is no longer available for sale on Vudu either, glad I grabbed it when I could. Ugh, I thought we were really making progress with the MGM titles slowly getting UV. =/

Comment

Robocop is showing UV on CinemaNow. Hot Tub Time Machine is on there as well with a link to redeem UV code. Vudu might be doing some maintenance maybe? I noticed that a lot of the Disney rent only that disappeared awhile ago are back. It could also have something to with their new library sharing. Time will tell.

Comment

If you already own the title then it's still UV for you. They can't take away the UV license once they've sold it to you. I have noticed a lot of changes for movies recently added. I was about to buy several of the new Jackie Chan movies and they already took away Project A2 It was only available for 2 or 3 weeks.

Not only do they not advertise when new titles are added anymore, they take them away or downgrade the status so rapidly that it isn't fair for consumers who are really wanting to build their collection. Seems that UV retailers don't want to make it easy for consumers to do business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
              If you already own the title then it's still UV for you. They can't take away the UV license once they've sold it to you. I have noticed a lot of changes for movies recently added. I was about to buy several of the new Jackie Chan movies and they already took away Project A2 It was only available for 2 or 3 weeks.

Not only do they not advertise when new titles are added anymore, they take them away or downgrade the status so rapidly that it isn't fair for consumers who are really wanting to build their collection. Seems that UV retailers don't want to make it easy for consumers to do business with them.
              If only that were true. My Harold and Kumar unrated (the first one) lost it's UV status everywhere. It still shows I own it in Vudu because I did it when it was available through disc to digital but it lost it's UV status the same time Something About Mary extended and Hills Have Eyes Unrated did. The only difference is while those movies eventually regained their UV status, Harold and Kumar never did. I don't even see it in my UV account anymore. Only Vudu.

Comment

This is all making me really start to wonder if I made the right decision to buy some of the ones I did.

I have a ton that I did Disc-to-Digital with that I am not worried about, but there are some I bought only on Ultraviolet.

Not having control of this stuff and movies disappearing without any notice..THIS is why Ultraviolet has not gained more momentum and will be a failed experiment of they don't correct.

The Ultraviolet locker is a mess right now too...keeps saying Beta when I go to it and I have a ton of title missing from it. They say the titles are only missing due to the work they are doing..but who know?

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                  If only that were true. My Harold and Kumar unrated (the first one) lost it's UV status everywhere. It still shows I own it in Vudu because I did it when it was available through disc to digital but it lost it's UV status the same time Something About Mary extended and Hills Have Eyes Unrated did. The only difference is while those movies eventually regained their UV status, Harold and Kumar never did. I don't even see it in my UV account anymore. Only Vudu.
                  This is an illegal practice called bate and switch. If you obtained the movie when it showed UV then they cannot legally take that away. Not to mention the damage that this practice would do to promoting UV.

Comment

Pretty sure they can't take away the UV license, unless they had some issue with getting the rights to the movie. Might be a mistake. Did you reach out to UVVU support to get it corrected?

http://www.uvdemystified.com/uvfaq.html#1.6.1

Comment

This does appear to be the case, I own Robocop (1987) and it still shows the UV icon in my collection. However if I log out of Vudu and look the movie up it no longer has UV with it. I do not think UV can be taken away if you purchased it with it--but not entirely sure on the nuances of the agreement. I was looking forward to next week too because a bunch of MGM titles are being released with digital copies through Walmart but now I am wondering if they won't be UV but just exclusive to Vudu - I have a pile of MGM titles I was hoping was about to go D2D but maybe not--
                      http://www.walmart.com/search/search...d=4096_1101659

Comment

This is an illegal practice called bate and switch. If you obtained the movie when it showed UV then they cannot legally take that away. Not to mention the damage that this practice would do to promoting UV.
                        This is not really Bait and switch, that is usually related to false advertising claims. He bought UV and they gave him UV. They later rescinded UV status, likely due to licensing. If he asked for his money back I am sure they would give it too him.
                        Catch-22, it would be illegal to give UV status for that movie if they don't have permission to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                          This is not really Bait and switch, that is usually related to false advertising claims. He bought UV and they gave him UV. They later rescinded UV status, likely due to licensing. If he asked for his money back I am sure they would give it too him.
                          Catch-22, it would be illegal to give UV status for that movie if they don't have permission to do so.
                          It is either bait and switch, or they are in violation of the contract between the studio and the consumer, if they offered a title as UV and took it away since the terms of UV is that it is FOREVER.

Now if this was a mistake, then an email should be sent to everyone effected by it and the consumer should have the right to a refund (if they want).

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                            I agree it's not bait in switch. Honestly I still have hope it will get's it's UV status back one of these days. The others that disappeared at the same time all came back eventually. The hassles I've had with customer support on the various sites make me not be in a hurry to contact them over $2. They'd probably ask for a receipt from a D2D transaction I did over a year ago (in store I think). Plus I'd have to go through 4385 transactions on my Vudu account to try to find when I did it (I don't have that many movies. In the early days of linking and unlinking it imported your library everytime you linked your library to vudu).

So far of the 7 movies I have that lost UV status they've given it back in some form or another to 6 of them (There's Something About Mary Extended, Hills Have Eyes Unrated, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Iron Man 2). The Marvel movies never really left my UV account. The other 2 did but eventually returned.

Comment

I was holding out until the 20th for when the Robocop 1/2/3 bundle was supposed to be available. Glad I waited. I really have no interest if they're not UV.

Comment

Working...
                              X