Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Wal-Mart Stamping Discs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wal-Mart Stamping Discs?

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
    That wouldn't work. If someone is literally about to stamp your disc, it's going to be the employee, not a corporate type. To stop said disc from being stamped at that moment, it's the guy holding the stamp that you must stop. By the time you get in touch with corporate, it'd be too late - the disc would be stamped by then.
    True, but you could take up the issue with store management. It's their job to deal with these types of issues -- not the low guy on the totem pole.

Comment

I think the point was that instead of "raging" at some poor retail worker trying to do what their employer has told them to do, you could firmly and confidently say something like "Please, don't!" before (optional) explaining that you keep your AV media immaculate, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
        I think the point was that instead of "raging" at some poor retail worker trying to do what their employer has told them to do, you could firmly and confidently say something like "Please, don't!" before (optional) explaining that you keep your AV media immaculate, etc.
        Yes, but what happens when you tell them this, and they disregard you and say, "Sorry, it's store policy" and are still intent on stamping your disc? What happens when (you have yet to pay) and you say, "if you're going to stamp that disc, then cancel my order. I don't want it anymore", and they say, "Sorry it's too late. I already did the conversion" (and we all know that the titles don't appear in your library until AFTER you pay, so before you paid is most certainly not 'Too late').

When an employee says to you that in order to get this service, they have to stamp the disc and you say, "then forget it. I no longer want the service.', but they STILL insist on doing the thing even after you've made it clear that you'd rather not have the service done then to have them do that, it is at that point that you must either speak up and do whatever is needed, such as demand to see a manager OR accept that someone is going to violate your wishes and damage your property.

I vote in favor of speaking up for yourself.

Comment

Yes, but what happens when you tell them this, and they disregard you and say, "Sorry, it's store policy" and are still intent on stamping your disc? What happens when (you have yet to pay) and you say, "if you're going to stamp that disc, then cancel my order. I don't want it anymore", and they say, "Sorry it's too late. I already did the conversion" (and we all know that the titles don't appear in your library until AFTER you pay, so before you paid is most certainly not 'Too late').

When an employee says to you that in order to get this service, they have to stamp the disc and you say, "then forget it. I no longer want the service.', but they STILL insist on doing the thing even after you've made it clear that you'd rather not have the service done then to have them do that, it is at that point that you must either speak up and do whatever is needed, such as demand to see a manager OR accept that someone is going to violate your wishes and damage your property.

I vote in favor of speaking up for yourself.
          Sure. Speak up for yourself, but make sure you do it in front of the people who are in charge of making these decisions, not the employee who is following policy. Raging at the employee isn't going to do you any good.

Comment

All you have to do is tell them that you don't want your discs stamped BEFORE they log into your account. Make it clear that is not an option. If they say they have to then take your list and your movies and leave....go to a different store or wait for another employee to be working and try again. I have done hundreds at Walmart and not one single movie has been stamped.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinva View Post
              True, but you could take up the issue with store management. It's their job to deal with these types of issues -- not the low guy on the totem pole.
              Oh, absolutely! But you need to deal with problems in order. First you need to deal with the immediate situation. Only when that situation is closed can you move on to the next level. The low guy on the totem pole is the person you meet first.

And I've worked in customer service and in retail. In fact, I'm a customer service quality assurance expert. it's my job to ensure that the customer service reps in my own company are giving the clients excellent customer service. When a client tells the employee, "I don't want you to do this" and the employee says, "If you want this service then I have to because it's the policy", and the customer says, "In that case, i don't want the service" then that should be the end of it. If the low guy on the totem pole tries to further force the issue, then it was they who chose to take it to that place. When a customer says, "I no longer want the service" then that is that. You don't say "Tough, it's too late" and put a mark on the client's property without their consent. Stamping the discs may be the official store policy, but forcing a client to buy the service when they already said they no longer want it is NOT in the policy, I guarantee you that.

Once the immediate situation is passed, and your property is back in your hands undamaged, THEN you can take it up with store management to avoid future incidents.

Example: You're about to get a tattoo. Before the guy put the needle in you, you decide you have an issue with the tattoo shop's policy. You say you no longer want the tattoo. You fully intend to take it up with the shop's management. But the tattoo artist says, "Sorry, it's too late.", and sticks the needle in you and begins to permanently mark your arm. To say that ragin on the tattoo artist because he's the low man on the totem pole is inane. The man is permanently marking your arm. You pull that arm away and tell him, "Hey, buddy, no means no!"

Comment

Originally posted by moviebuff13 View Post
                Sure. Speak up for yourself, but make sure you do it in front of the people who are in charge of making these decisions, not the employee who is following policy. Raging at the employee isn't going to do you any good.
                It seems you're failing to understand. A man is standing with a stamper about to stamp your disc. He's literally about to stamp your disc. It's about to happen. You tell him no, and he says "sorry, it's the policy." You tell him, "Then I don't want the service.". He says, "Sorry, it's too late." and he's about to stamp the disc. He's putting ink on the stamp. One could walk away and find a manager or a decision maker. Sure. You can do that. You'll come back with that manager and find your discs stamped. Because he's ABOUT TO DO IT. Or you can stay there and make sure that guy doesn't stamp your disc.

Sorry, but walking away while your disc gets stamped and you go look for a manager is the option that won't do you any good. Raising your voice and tell the employee, "STOP IT! I Said I do NOT want the service! Do NOT stamp that disc!" is the move that *WILL* do you the most good in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                  All you have to do is tell them that you don't want your discs stamped BEFORE they log into your account. Make it clear that is not an option. If they say they have to then take your list and your movies and leave....go to a different store or wait for another employee to be working and try again. I have done hundreds at Walmart and not one single movie has been stamped.
                  Yeah, but that won't do you any good if you don't know about the stamp before they log into your account. Most stores don't use it. If you find yourself in a store that does after being in a store that doesn't, you wouldn't know to tell them not to use the stamp because you don't yet know that there even is a stamp.

Comment

I'm trying to understand what the big deal is about stamping the disc?

Comment

Yeah, but that won't do you any good if you don't know about the stamp before they log into your account. Most stores don't use it. If you find yourself in a store that does after being in a store that doesn't, you wouldn't know to tell them not to use the stamp because you don't yet know that there even is a stamp.
                      Everyone knows the process, so there is no reason why we cannot specify up front that we do NOT want our discs stamped. But "if" there is someone who really doesn't know the process, I am sure that you can argue that point that it wasn't made clear that your property would be altered in any way. I would tell them to cancel the transaction and forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                        Everyone knows the process, so there is no reason why we cannot specify up front that we do NOT want our discs stamped. But "if" there is someone who really doesn't know the process, I am sure that you can argue that point that it wasn't made clear that your property would be altered in any way. I would tell them to cancel the transaction and forget about it.
                        No, not everyone does. I'd done about a dozen D2D conversions at my local Walmart and never saw a stamp. Then one day I went to a different store, and out came the stamp. And I've never seen it since.

So, no. There is no way you'd ever know about the stamp if they'd never used it previously

Comment

Working...
                        X