Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

In store disc to digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In store disc to digital

So I went to 3 Wal-mart recently to do instore disc to digital but apparently none of it are going through. They are able to find my info but when they tried to submit it errors out, and gives me a processing error message. This has happened since my walmart store has switched over to a new computer that has touchscreen on it.

Should I try a different walmart or wait for it to get fixed. I was wondering if anyone is having any problems

Re: In store disc to digital

Originally posted by carcgar View Post
    So I went to 3 Wal-mart recently to do instore disc to digital but apparently none of it are going through. They are able to find my info but when they tried to submit it errors out, and gives me a processing error message. This has happened since my walmart store has switched over to a new computer that has touchscreen on it.

Should I try a different walmart or wait for it to get fixed. I was wondering if anyone is having any problems
    Walmarts sporadically have problems like that with their computers. I had that happen to me where 2 of the 3 walmarts couldn't do d2d because of errors. Eventually the 3rd one stopped working but one of the others was fixed. In store is unfortunately still very sucky after more than 2 years. I'm assuming you either are trying to take movies that Vudu2go can't read or you don't have a blu ray drive? The in home solutions are a better solution, but not for everyone.

Comment

so i guess the best thing to do is wait?

Comment

Make sure they are doing the D2D transfer at the computers in the Electronics area. The D2D was previously at the photo lab, but they've moved it to the Electronics area. Its the same computers they use to activate cell phones too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nygiantsfan3342 View Post
          Make sure they are doing the D2D transfer at the computers in the Electronics area. The D2D was previously at the photo lab, but they've moved it to the Electronics area. Its the same computers they use to activate cell phones too.
          yea they tried that and they cant even access it at the electronics area. The associate could not click on the vudu app

Comment

Unfortunately Walmart is having D2D issues (at least in my area). I've tried getting Vudu to help me out (reported in August) so hopefully it gets resolved soon. I literally cannot do D2D anymore because of bugs (in home/in store) so I guess we have to wait it out.

Comment

Re: Customer Service at Vudu

Seriously Vudu I'm trying to be nice but you guys sure are making it hard. So I have a few movies that aren't recognized by at home disc to digital so I finally make the trip to Wal-Mart store 1512 and Leandro in the photo center pulls up my list and tries to process the order but the in store app keeps timing out. So he calls customer support who tells him he needs to be transferred to app support. He gets transferred the first two times and gets disconnected on the third try he gets a recording that the app department is now closed. By this time I've been in the photo center 1.5 hours trying to get my movies converted. Finally Leandro has given up as he has tried five times to push my order thru with Vudu timing out each time. So I leave and go to another Wal-Mart and when I mention Vudu I get this deer in the headlights look and nobody has a clue what Vudu is. So after two hours I'm mad as heck but remain calm and call Vudu Customer Service who appear quite busy as I'm on hold for 20 minutes before I speak with a very nice sounding lady named Lisa who although empathetic tells me she can't manually push my six titles thru so I can at least pay for the movies at home. Lisa says the only thing I can do is go back to Wal-Mart-Mart and try again and hopefully better luck next time.

Seriously Vudu. I've wasted 2 hours of my time, gas visiting two stores and I want to give you my money but it's kinda hard when Wal-Mart can't get any support and your disc to digital at home service won't recognize titles that have been mentioned as problem discs for a very long time now. Lisa did not give me a ticket on this issue but I hope something can be done as I'm on my last straw with Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
                Seriously Vudu I'm trying to be nice but you guys sure are making it hard. So I have a few movies that aren't recognized by at home disc to digital so I finally make the trip to Wal-Mart store 1512 and Leandro in the photo center pulls up my list and tries to process the order but the in store app keeps timing out. So he calls customer support who tells him he needs to be transferred to app support. He gets transferred the first two times and gets disconnected on the third try he gets a recording that the app department is now closed. By this time I've been in the photo center 1.5 hours trying to get my movies converted. Finally Leandro has given up as he has tried five times to push my order thru with Vudu timing out each time. So I leave and go to another Wal-Mart and when I mention Vudu I get this deer in the headlights look and nobody has a clue what Vudu is. So after two hours I'm mad as heck but remain calm and call Vudu Customer Service who appear quite busy as I'm on hold for 20 minutes before I speak with a very nice sounding lady named Lisa who although empathetic tells me she can't manually push my six titles thru so I can at least pay for the movies at home. Lisa says the only thing I can do is go back to Wal-Mart-Mart and try again and hopefully better luck next time.

Seriously Vudu. I've wasted 2 hours of my time, gas visiting two stores and I want to give you my money but it's kinda hard when Wal-Mart can't get any support and your disc to digital at home service won't recognize titles that have been mentioned as problem discs for a very long time now. Lisa did not give me a ticket on this issue but I hope something can be done as I'm on my last straw with Vudu.
                if your local Walmart store recently upgraded their system to the Fuji system, the Fuji system is in capable of connecting with the Vudu and times out every time. None of my local Walmart stores have figured out a workaround yet. As incredibly inconvenient as it is, your only option is to find a Walmart that has not yet upgraded to the Fuji system

Comment

As a matter of fact it was the Fuji system as Leandro had mentioned he thought it might be the Fuji system and tried to call them but gave up on them. So now I have to make an effort to try and find a Wal Mart not using the Fuji system when most have no clue what Vudu even is. I feel like I'm in the seventh level of Dante's Inferno. Seriously how does Vudu expect to reach the masses when their biggest supplier either has no clue what Vudu is and those that do have equipment that can't work with Vudu.

What's frustrating is I have to hear this on a forum instead of from Vudu customer Service. I just want a way to get my movies loaded because at home disc to digital doesn't work and neither does in store.

Comment

At least you get that far. Last time i went last week they were like "We don't know how to do that" so i ask her to find someone that does or get the manager to find a person. Long story short it didn't happen for me. I raised a big deal, the manager asks me "what can i do for you?" I tell him "Train your employees better, you offer a service here where you can only get if the right person in the store is working that time, this is total bull****."

I waited 40 minutes and was given no compensation for my time.

Comment

They have always responded to my problems and issues and resolved them. The only issue I have right now is not really with the Vudu team, but with the in-store Vudu disc-to-digital at Wal-mart stores, which have had a big increase in problems since last month.

Comment

I'm curious as to why Vudu hasn't sent a mass email to Wal-Mart managers about the Fuji system not working with Vudu so they can at least let their photo dept employees know and not wasting 1.5 hours of my time. Also not letting their own customer service know so when people who call can be told about as to why and not be told to go back to Wal-Mart-Mart wasting more of my time, my fuel and the employees time but with how they've been handling the buffering issues I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It would be nice if Vudu could at least keep somebody informed as 1.5 hours at one store and .5 at another not to mention travel time and gas that I won't be compensated for either.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
                          I'm curious as to why Vudu hasn't sent a mass email to Wal-Mart managers about the Fuji system not working with Vudu so they can at least let their photo dept employees know and not wasting 1.5 hours of my time. Also not letting their own customer service know so when people who call can be told about as to why and not be told to go back to Wal-Mart-Mart wasting more of my time, my fuel and the employees time but with how they've been handling the buffering issues I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It would be nice if Vudu could at least keep somebody informed as 1.5 hours at one store and .5 at another not to mention travel time and gas that I won't be compensated for either.
                          I agree. The Fuji issue started at the end of Sept and Walmart IT is still unable to fix it. There is really no end in sight to this problem, and my local stores are telling me that eventually every store is being upgraded to the new system. That effectively kills in-store D2D dead if they can't fix it.

Comment

Remember, Wal-Mart owns VUDU, not the other way around. So, complaining on the VUDU forums won't do any good. Call and complain to Wal-Mart. Yes you can vent on the forums and others will join you in your frustration, but it won't get anything fixed because you aren't talking to the right people. And yes, I am having the same issue with my local Wal-Marts. I did not know about the Fuji systems being the suspected cause. I'll be asking some questions the next time I go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
                              Remember, Wal-Mart owns VUDU, not the other way around. So, complaining on the VUDU forums won't do any good. Call and complain to Wal-Mart. Yes you can vent on the forums and others will join you in your frustration, but it won't get anything fixed because you aren't talking to the right people. And yes, I am having the same issue with my local Wal-Marts. I did not know about the Fuji systems being the suspected cause. I'll be asking some questions the next time I go by.
                              I completely disagree with statements like this coming from people that don't work in customer service. I work in customer service and we have multiple divisions. When a customer calls with a concern or an issue I do my best to help the customer regardless if it's my divisions problem or not. Vudu has known about this issue through PM's and this thread.

It is Vudu's responsibility to contact Walmart on the customer's behalf about this issue and work with their IT department to come up with a resolution. It's obvious the two systems are tied together through their internal network. Vudu does not own Walmart but they are a division of Walmart and therefore they should have phone numbers and contacts that we do not have access to. Vudu escalating the issue has more weight to the necessary people than customers do.

Customers complaining to an in-store manager or calling some 800 number will get you nowhere. We are talking about Walmart customer service here not Apple. Do you think they really care customers are having issues with D2D? Now Vudu escalating the issue holds a lot more weight like I said.

Vudu you are in business because of your customers therefore you should do everything to keep your customers happy. If we can do it, Vudu should be able to do it, and we aren't nearly as large as the Walmart / Vudu businesses.

Also it's bad form to ignore your customers. I have sent multiple PM's and they just get ignored. Therefore I'm asking here Vudu please work with Walmart to resolve the in-store issue that will not allow D2D to complete the order process.

Comment

Working...
                              X