Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Difficulty with certain movies being converted to digital

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty with certain movies being converted to digital

Sorry if I am not writing this in the correct space. Customer support asked me to post the ones I have difficulty with converting on the forum. Was told that the Engineers will be able to look and update their list to be able to fix it. Here are the titles:
    James Bond - All 23 movies
    Star Wars - All 6 movies
    Star Trek - All 12 movies
    Hercules - Entire series with Kevin Sorbo
    Xena - Entire series with Lucy Lawless
    Robin Williams Collection - Jack, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Toys, Jumanji, Flubber, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Jakob the Liar, What dreams may come, Awakenings, Hook, Bicentennial Man, Father's Day
    Christopher Nolan Collection - Batman Trilogy, Inception, Memento
    Harry Potter Series - All 8 movies
    Mummy Series - All 3 + Scorpion King series
    Marvel Series - 3 Iron Man's, 2 Captain America's, 2 Thor's, Incredible Hulk
    Spiderman Trilogy - Sam Raimi collection
    Grumpy Old Men series - 2
    Cocoon Series - 2
    Matrix Trilogy
    TaleSpin series - All 3 volumes

Have many more individual titles, but would greatly appreciate it if these titles work. Would appreciate an email back if possible when issues are fixed.

Re: Difficulty with certain movies being converted to digital

Originally posted by smvudu View Post
    Sorry if I am not writing this in the correct space. Customer support asked me to post the ones I have difficulty with converting on the forum. Was told that the Engineers will be able to look and update their list to be able to fix it. Here are the titles:
    Star Wars - All 6 movies
    Robin Williams Collection - Jack, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Toys, Jumanji, Flubber, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Jakob the Liar, What dreams may come, Awakenings, Hook, Bicentennial Man, Father's Day
    Cocoon Series - 2
    Matrix Trilogy

Have many more individual titles, but would greatly appreciate it if these titles work. Would appreciate an email back if possible when issues are fixed.
    Bond Movies...MGM, not D2D eligible.
    Star Wars movies, not D2D eligible...probably won't be for a long time...
    Marvell Movies...owned by Disney, not D2D eligible. (but, if you have iTunes copy and you get Disney Movies Anywhere going then link your accounts, they will be available in Vudu, but not UV.)
    Memento not D2D right now.
    Any TV Series, not D2D eligible.
    Not sure why most of the others are not working. I got my Batman, Star Trek, Spiderman, Matrix and Mummy movies done at Wal-mart. Got my Inception and Harry Potter movies from codes. Don't have any Robin Williams movies...which is kinda sad if you think about it.

Check out this thread. It will help alot.
    https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...tal-Title-List

Oh, and good luck with getting an email. Probably not gonna happen, but you never know.
    Last edited by Gnatevil; 12-31-2014, 02:12 PM. Reason: Added link to thread.

Comment

You definitely need to check the D2D part of Vudu's website to make sure that the title are eligible for disc to digital. As stated above, some (or even many) movies aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by smvudu View Post
        Star Wars - All 6 movies
        Cocoon Series - 2
        Matrix Trilogy

You have to keep in mind that D2D is only for UV enabled movies. A huge portion of your list are not UV - Bond movies (please tell me you did not actually try all 23), Marvel movies, Star Wars (those aren't on digital at all, actually), Tale Spin, Cocoon, etc etc

Comment

why are we still answering the same questions over and over and for more than 2 years?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dunham44 View Post
              why are we still answering the same questions over and over and for more than 2 years?
              For the same reason we have to teach first graders every year. There's always a new group of people. Some mistakenly think every movie is eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                For the same reason we have to teach first graders every year. There's always a new group of people. Some mistakenly think every movie is eligible.
                I agree in part. I think it's expected that newer folks will always ask the same questions. But, First graders don't have the option to review FAQs or other messages posted about first grade that have the answers to First Grade Based on the OPs post it seems like he thinks this is the spot to post the movies that don't work (it's not) and that Vudu will fix everything and email him back (they most certainly will not). I just clicked on his profile out of curiosity and he hasn't posted anything or even visited the boards since his initial post. He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks all those things in his post will be fixed. Some of them like the Harry Potter and Mummy movies all worked fine for me so it's confusing how many of those movies actually did not work and how many he actually tried. Regardless it should have been posted in the D2D read error sticky thread if he wants anything fixed. Even then it's not as simple as he seems to think in his post.

OP, if you read this you need to post your list of error movies in the In-Home D2D Errors sticky thread at the top of the message board. That's most likely where customer service was indicating you post.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                  I agree in part. I think it's expected that newer folks will always ask the same questions. But, First graders don't have the option to review FAQs or other messages posted about first grade that have the answers to First Grade Based on the OPs post it seems like he thinks this is the spot to post the movies that don't work (it's not) and that Vudu will fix everything and email him back (they most certainly will not). I just clicked on his profile out of curiosity and he hasn't posted anything or even visited the boards since his initial post. He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks all those things in his post will be fixed. Some of them like the Harry Potter and Mummy movies all worked fine for me so it's confusing how many of those movies actually did not work and how many he actually tried. Regardless it should have been posted in the D2D read error sticky thread if he wants anything fixed. Even then it's not as simple as he seems to think in his post.

OP, if you read this you need to post your list of error movies in the In-Home D2D Errors sticky thread at the top of the message board. That's most likely where customer service was indicating you post.

Wow... really sorry we are not all brilliant like you! How rude!

Comment

That is a waste of time. Is there any evidence they have addressed any of the movies reported there? And why are there so many that have problems? It shouldn't be so hard to identify the disk.

Comment

Originally posted by mt6617 View Post
                      Wow... really sorry we are not all brilliant like you! How rude!
                      Um, what part was rude? I answered his question. There was nothing rude in my post. I didn't infer anyone was dumb or I was brilliant. I just stated a fact that there are answers to these questions already available and pointed him to the correct thread. If anything you are reading way too much into my post and are looking for insults where none exist.

Comment

Um, what part was rude? I answered his question. There was nothing rude in my post. I didn't infer anyone was dumb or I was brilliant. I just stated a fact that there are answers to these questions already available and pointed him to the correct thread. If anything you are reading way too much into my post and are looking for insults where none exist.
                        The correct word would be imply not infer.

Comment

English lessons? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by frankiek3 View Post
                            The correct word would be imply not infer.
                            Agreed. It would also be more appropriate to have stated and punctuated as "The correct word would be "imply", not "infer"." Personally, I see no point to grammar and punctuation enforcement on boards (absent use of profanity and adhering to posting rules). If the message is clear enough to be understood, that is sufficient for me.

Am thinking this thread has reached the end of its value [emoticon intentionally omitted].

Comment

Working...
                            X