Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Did Josh Trank's 'Chronicle' vanish from anyone else's library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did Josh Trank's 'Chronicle' vanish from anyone else's library?

Nah, relief that we're not going insane actually. I guess there is the possibility I lost some because of merging libraries in my UV account in the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn View Post
      I've have started writing down my collection on paper and try to snip pictures also for future reference. I too have felt movies have been lost. I just had to re-add Jack Reacher in the last week to my collection and folks I know it was there previously. Thought I had Chronicle too but can't swear by it due to my collection being around 800 titles.

Must say this does make me somewhat nervous. Thought I must have made a mistake and just couldn't remember correctly, but with others experiencing the same thing I think there had to be some type of glitch. So now I'll do my best to future proof these type of problems.
      Between the other streaming services and VUDU, my collection of movie and TV titles exceeds 4,000. So far and to date none have gone permanently missing from any service or UVVU. There was a problem with some of the Dreamworks titles popping in and out about 1.5 to 2 years ago (these all returned after the ALID #'s were resolved), then issues with Marvel titles when Disney took over distribution and ownership (these were all returned to the UVVU library after the fact due to customer intervention), and a final issue with some of the "Kumar" titles (not sure how that resolved, was not an issue for me). I find it hard to believe that this specific title, Chronicle" has "absconded" from anyone's libraries, further find it odd that Jack Reacher disappeared, mine has not.

Instead of writing it down, use My Movies - Collection Management, they have a free version, great data base and in the personal comments section you can note where the title is located. The DVD's and Blu-Ray UPC numbers automatically register in the data base upon entry and additional information maybe added to the data base to identify all pertinent information about the title locations, date, price, where purchased (who it was redeemed with), format (SD, HD and HDX), digital, DVD or Blu-Ray. Using this data base and keeping it current, you will know where your titles are or are not.

Comment

Roxie... thanks for the advice. I guess the problem is I am old school and do not carry an advanced cell phone (still got the old fashioned flip only, more money for movies) and when I go shopping I do/have carry a notebook with all my VUDU movies, blu-rays, and some still remaining dvds (mainly concert videos). Without it unless it is a new title I would be purchasing movies are already own.

Comment

Roxie... thanks for the advice. I guess the problem is I am old school and do not carry an advanced cell phone (still got the old fashioned flip only, more money for movies) and when I go shopping I do/have carry a notebook with all my VUDU movies, blu-rays, and some still remaining dvds (mainly concert videos). Without it unless it is a new title I would be purchasing movies are already own.
          The data base is way to large to use on a "smart" (not so smart, they are highly overrated) phone, although I have one (smart, but not so smart phone), no way would I try to load My Movies - Collection Management on it, you can pay them to store the data in the Cloud, but I choose not to. I have it on my PC's and Lap Top.

When I decide to purchase something, mostly on line, I can check the data base to see if I have the title, and if so, where is it, and is it digital or physical media.

Thankfully I have a fairly good memory and have only 2 or 3 times been out to WalMart or another retailer and purchased a title that I already have either physically or digitally. The few duplicates I purchased, I gave to the next door neighbors, 3 children and 2 adults, they do not seem to mind.

All in all the data base is an excellent reference for the concerns that you have regarding missing titles, then will also serve to ascertain if one might already have that title and the location and type of media.

Comment

Roxie -- Brian tests the mobile apps at 5,000 titles, which is far more than the average person will ever have. In fact, some users easily exceed this and are getting along just fine. That said, anyone on an Android phone considering to buy the app would be best off holding out a bit because a new version is coming out soon which will not be a free upgrade. Otherwise, you could just enable the online collection component from the PC or Mac version, and access it from your phone browser (bear in mind, it's not very mobile friendly).

Comment

I use DVD Profiler to keep track of DVD's, Blu-rays, and Digital copies on the various services. They have IOS, Windows and Android clients, and I have a link to my collection on their web site I can share for folks to check out the collection. It's designed for DVD's, so I had to use their extensions to track Digital Copies.

I had to use something, as I was buying the same movies more than once. It's really hard to keep track.

Comment

I just keep my collection cataloged on www.blu-ray.com. There are separate categories for Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, UV, and iTunes (no separate Vudu category, I just add non-UV Vudu titles as UV). You can even catalog your PS4 & Xbox games of you have any. Best thing is that you can create your own categories and sort order within each media group. No special app required, you just need access to a browser and your collection is always available.

You can share your collection by simply supplying the URL (especially handy when you have discs in your "for sale" or "for trade" list). If you want to check it out, you can see my UV/Vudu collection here ...

Comment

Originally posted by lostinva View Post
                  Roxie -- Brian tests the mobile apps at 5,000 titles, which is far more than the average person will ever have. In fact, some users easily exceed this and are getting along just fine. That said, anyone on an Android phone considering to buy the app would be best off holding out a bit because a new version is coming out soon which will not be a free upgrade. Otherwise, you could just enable the online collection component from the PC or Mac version, and access it from your phone browser (bear in mind, it's not very mobile friendly).
                  I noticed that it was not real mobile friendly, but then again I have the "not so smart" smart phone version of Droid bliss (all sarcasm intended).

The issue for me is that, when the program updated the last time it broke for me on the PC/Lap Top, I have had to revert to the prior version of My Movies - Collection Management. So for the time being, getting along on version 5.11 build 3. The new versions just will not function on my system, not sure why, and gave up trying to troubleshoot from this end about 6 months ago. Since this version works for my purposes, just kind of chugging along on it and backing up regularly. It is purely a data base for me to locate and identify the titles, date of purchase, locations, format(s) and so on. Much better than an Excel spreadsheet ever thought of being.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjerne View Post
                    I'm going to butt in here because I also have a huge library and I also was certain that I had Chronicle. Then I did some checking and found that I do indeed have Chronicle but only on iTunes. It was one of the first movies I ever got a digital version of and I probably got iTunes just because that was a service I was familiar with or perhaps it was an iTunes only code. Well, at least now I know another one to add to my d2d pile.
                    I had this exact same thing happen to me. The same thing happened for the movie "Limitless" also. I swear I had Chronicle and Limitless but they are/were only able to redeem on iTunes. Also since they are not part of the D2D list I am guessing they have some deal with iTunes possibly.

Comment

It's showing in my library, but is only showing as HD instead of HDX

Comment

I'm not gong to panic with the thought I look at so many movies I must just be mistaken. But I will be paying a little more attention to movies I have d2d' using the home service. When you go to your redemption history those movie titles are not listed and simply a credit/monetary value only. You know pretty much how many movies you did but not which ones.

Comment

I'm not gong to panic with the thought I look at so many movies I must just be mistaken. But I will be paying a little more attention to movies I have d2d' using the home service. When you go to your redemption history those movie titles are not listed and simply a credit/monetary value only. You know pretty much how many movies you did but not which ones.
                          you do get a email from vudu that shows D2D movies that you do everytime you do them even in store ones if you keep those emails then you would be able to search them for the titles

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                            you do get a email from vudu that shows D2D movies that you do everytime you do them even in store ones if you keep those emails then you would be able to search them for the titles
                            Thank you!!! for the reminder. Didn't even think about...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
                              I got it via Disc to Digital a long time ago, and it's no longer in my library.
                              I need to eat some crow on this one. Using the suggestion to save and check old Disc to Digital receipts, I went into my trash and found EVERY LAST D2D receipt from the past two years. 'Chronicle' was not on any of them. I don't know how I made that goof, but clearly I did. I thought for sure I D2D'd it, and it was in storage with my previously D2D'd Blu-Rays but it must have been an oversight on my part.

Sorry for the false alarm!!! This is 100% my goof.

Comment

Originally posted by wvblueandgold View Post
                                It's showing in my library, but is only showing as HD instead of HDX
                                Same here very strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X