Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Bought HDX but only getting SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought HDX but only getting SD?

Tonight was my first D2D in home trial. I was hoping it would work flawlessly so I could convert all my remaining DVDs to HDX. I converted a couple of DVDs to HDX as it says everywhere on the site that the title was/is available in HDX (Swimfan being one example). All the rest, I'm able to play in HDX over my Chromecast, phone or tablet. A select few are only in SD. Does that mean there really isn't an HDX counterpart or did something mess up? How can I get it fixed to get an HDX copy like I originally paid for?

Re: Bought HDX but only getting SD?

Could you kindly provide me with the list of movies that you are having issues with, the ones that only play in SD. I would like to confirm this on my end and escalate this issue if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
      Could you kindly provide me with the list of movies that you are having issues with, the ones that only play in SD. I would like to confirm this on my end and escalate this issue if necessary.
      These I bought:

Little Giants
      Swimfan
      New York Minute
      American Dreamz

Will not play in HDX on any device I tried (LG G4, iPhone 6s, iPad, Android tablet, Chromecast).

It made me go back and check on some titles that I've redeemed/bought from other sources and the following two don't play in HDX in any device either although my account says I have them:

Because I Said So
      From Paris With Love

Comment

Oops
        Last edited by fevercadence; 01-27-2016, 02:16 PM. Reason: Double post.

Comment

I know several titles that I have in HDX specifically told me that HD versions would not be available on mobile devices, which includes Chromecast (as it's controlled by your phone or tablet). I can, however, access the HDX versions on my Firestick, the VUDU app on my tv, and the VUDU app on my PS4.

It could be those titles fall into that category.

Comment

Originally posted by babywiththepower View Post
            I know several titles that I have in HDX specifically told me that HD versions would not be available on mobile devices, which includes Chromecast (as it's controlled by your phone or tablet). I can, however, access the HDX versions on my Firestick, the VUDU app on my tv, and the VUDU app on my PS4.

It could be those titles fall into that category.
            That could make some sense, I just can't find any information on what titles fall into those categories. Another thing is I'm also able to cast HDX from my computer to my Chromecasts on most of my titles except those specifically. This caused me some kind of confusion that I just don't know how to deal with. Since I can't get any straight answer I've but my digital conversions on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by fevercadence View Post
              That could make some sense, I just can't find any information on what titles fall into those categories. Another thing is I'm also able to cast HDX from my computer to my Chromecasts on most of my titles except those specifically. This caused me some kind of confusion that I just don't know how to deal with. Since I can't get any straight answer I've but my digital conversions on hold.
              Log into VUDU, on your computer, it will tell you the format of the conversion when you click/choose a title, i.e. SD, HD or HDX. Then check the top right corner of the VUDU page while you are that title you are concerned about. It will tell you the streaming format that is allowable on a device other than a dedicated streaming device, like a ROKU, Smart TV, etc....

For example, I own Bridge of Spies in HDX, but can only view it on my PC as HD/SD, I own Gorky Park in HDX, but can only view it on my PC as SD, I own Rock the Kasbah HDX and can view it on my PC as HDX, and so on. Each title is restricted on devices other than the Streamers, Smart Blu-Ray players, Smart TV's, etc to play in the format designated by the studios, you may own it HDX, but it will not be viewable in HDX depending on how the studios have coded it for devices other than the Streamers (ROKU), Smart Blu-Ray players and Smart TV's.

For that matter, unless you have to cast from the PC, Cell/Tablet, SD is not that bad on the small screen. If you have to cast, it might be wise to purchase a ROKU or some other VUDU enabled streaming device to alleviate the casting issue that restricts the format on frankly most of the titles to SD.

Oh and yes I own From Paris with Love in HDX, but...it will only steam on my PC, tablet, HTC One A9 as SD, since that is all that was allowed for devices other than Streaming Devices (ROKU), Smart TV's, Smart Blu-Ray Players, etc...

Keep converting, convert in HDX, but do not expect that they will all stream on the hand held devices/PC's in HDX format due to this restriction in streaming quality on these devices. They will however stream in HDX on ROKU's, Smart TV's, Smart Blu-Ray, etc devices if they were converted as HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie_Muzic View Post
                Each title is restricted on devices other than the Streamers, Smart Blu-Ray players, Smart TV's, etc to play in the format designated by the studios, you may own it HDX, but it will not be viewable in HDX depending on how the studios have coded it for devices other than the Streamers (ROKU), Smart Blu-Ray players and Smart TV's.

Keep converting, convert in HDX, but do not expect that they will all stream on the hand held devices/PC's in HDX format due to this restriction in streaming quality on these devices. They will however stream in HDX on ROKU's, Smart TV's, Smart Blu-Ray, etc devices if they were converted as HDX.
                I am aware of the resolution restrictions on mobile devices and on desktop computers. That's not the issue. The main issue lies when I want to stream something to my Chromecast. The movie is pulled directly from the servers to my Chromecast with the help of my phone as a remote. The movies stated above wont stream as HDX on my Chromecast. Now if that has something to do with the type of devices I'm using to stream then something should be done as my phone does not transcode any video, it simply tells the Chromecast to pull the video stream from Vudu's servers. In this case however, I feel it is still some kind of error cause as I've stated, I'm able to cast in HDX from my computer. For example, Big Top Pee Wee (Herman) will only play in SD on my computer. I have the option to cast the video to my chromecast on my computer. When I do so it casts in HDX on my Chromecast. It does not do that with the select few movies above. They will not cast in HDX anywhere.

Comment

Ok, so looking through forums and google searching and doing all sorts of nonsense to try to get things figured out, it seems some movies don't have Chromecast HDX support as noted here:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...in-Vudu/page10

It's possible the movies I listed above also don't have Chromecast HDX support then, so how would one go about trying to get it for them? Ugh, this is all so confusing.

Comment

Ok, so looking through forums and google searching and doing all sorts of nonsense to try to get things figured out, it seems some movies don't have Chromecast HDX support as noted here:

It's possible the movies I listed above also don't have Chromecast HDX support then, so how would one go about trying to get it for them? Ugh, this is all so confusing.
                    The best suggestion that I can offer is look on line for a "deal" on a ROKU 3, I purchased 3 of them brown box, they work just fine, 2 to 3 years later. The costs were dramatically less than new and for that matter it looked like they were never really opened and used, someone got them and returned them, I referred to it as "re-gifting". LOL. I suspect that Chromecast is similar to a mobile device, it has the same format restrictions since it is streaming from other than a ROKU like streaming device, Blu-Ray VUDU app or Smart TV VUDU app. That was why I did not even consider a Chromecast, plus you have the data costs if you are using a mobile phone, and I suspect even in HDX that casting the stream, would, in my feeble little mind result in reduced picture quality.

Comment

We are working on adding 100% of titles in HDX for Chromecast ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie_Muzic View Post
                        That was why I did not even consider a Chromecast, plus you have the data costs if you are using a mobile phone, and I suspect even in HDX that casting the stream, would, in my feeble little mind result in reduced picture quality.
                        That seems to be the biggest misconception of the Chromecast. You don't stream from data. You stream from wifi. While you CAN send video from your phone to the Chromecast, when it comes to web apps the content is pulled directly from the web servers. The phone just tells it what to do, it doesnt send it any video.

Comment

Working...
                        X