Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Does anyone know if True Romance/Natural Born Killers Blu Ray can be converted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if True Romance/Natural Born Killers Blu Ray can be converted?

True Romance is one of my favorite movies but I want it in my digital locker. I own a Blu Ray 2-pack of True Romance and Natural Born Killers. If I could find a Wal-Mart that does the in-store disc 2 digital does anyone know if this can be converted if it's from a double pack? I know I've been able to do standard dvds containing multiple movies before through D2D. True Romance isn't even available to purchase anymore through Vudu and since I had the Blu Ray I always wanted to convert it rather than buy the same movie again at full price or more.

http://www.amazon.com/Romance-Natura.../dp/B006HGXGXY

Re: Does anyone know if True Romance/Natural Born Killers Blu Ray can be converted?

Originally posted by Heisenberg Blue View Post
    True Romance is one of my favorite movies but I want it in my digital locker. I own a Blu Ray 2-pack of True Romance and Natural Born Killers. If I could find a Wal-Mart that does the in-store disc 2 digital does anyone know if this can be converted if it's from a double pack? I know I've been able to do standard dvds containing multiple movies before through D2D. True Romance isn't even available to purchase anymore through Vudu and since I had the Blu Ray I always wanted to convert it rather than buy the same movie again at full price or more.

The Walmart that I use for conversion has allowed conversion/D2D for multiple title discs, they had no issues with multiple title Blu-Rays and DVDs for conversion. Each title was converted individually which resulted in a charge for each title individually.

I have converted more than 10 multiple title discs over the last 4 years or so with no problems. As long as the titles are reflected on the case & the disc, you would own the titles for conversion/D2D purposes.

They will not convert at home, tried and failed, they do have to go to WalMart to be converted.

I have both of these titles in my library, but they were converted from single discs about 3 or more years ago.

Comment

Re: Does anyone know if True Romance/Natural Born Killers Blu Ray can be converted?

You can have a disc with 10 movies on it and you will be able to convert it at a Wal-mart, as long as the titles are available for D2D. They just look at the disc to verify that you own it. They don't place the disc in any reader. To make it easier, create your list at home and print it out. When you go to Wal-mart, have them bring up your list on their system and verify the titles and then pay the price. Done deal in about 5 minutes (if they know what they are doing in-store.)

Go to this website to create your list. http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html

Also, when at Wal-mart, have them use only your email address. Tell them not to put the phone number in, that causes issues and it won't find your information. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
        You can have a disc with 10 movies on it and you will be able to convert it at a Wal-mart, as long as the titles are available for D2D. They just look at the disc to verify that you own it. They don't place the disc in any reader. To make it easier, create your list at home and print it out. When you go to Wal-mart, have them bring up your list on their system and verify the titles and then pay the price. Done deal in about 5 minutes (if they know what they are doing in-store.)

Go to this website to create your list. http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html

Also, when at Wal-mart, have them use only your email address. Tell them not to put the phone number in, that causes issues and it won't find your information. Good luck
        Thank you! Will try it soon.

Comment

So, I called my local Wal-Mart. After being transferred an amazing 4 times! The lady in the photo department reluctantly said that they do offer Vudu Disc to Digital service but no one seemed to know what the hell I was talking about. This should be fun!

Comment

So, I called my local Wal-Mart. After being transferred an amazing 4 times! The lady in the photo department reluctantly said that they do offer Vudu Disc to Digital service but no one seemed to know what the hell I was talking about. This should be fun!
            Patience will be the first requirement. They need to find the password to enter the site first, they probably relegated it to a waste basket somewhere in the store.... They should have that password stored somewhere in the Photo Department or Electronics/Cell Phone area.

They need to use your e-mail address to get into your account as it was posted previously, the phone number does NOT work.

Be prepared, put the titles that you want uploaded into your store cart at home, that way they are resident in your account when they finally find the password to get into their system. Print that store cart list and gather your discs to be converted. I have found that arranging my discs in the order that they are listed also helps, that way they can just check them off as they go down the list.

The computer to do this task is usually in the cell phone area, at least in my store it is, not every computer in the store can do this task, they may not know which one is the designated computer either, it is sort of a scavenger hunt when you get there. I usually go to the Photo Department since those folks have the routine down now, when this program first came out I think that I converted about 700 to 900 titles at WalMart, it was a large number that I spaced out over time to alleviate the frustration of the WalMart associates, and make sure that they were all trained.

Additionally they may not know where the site is to enter the password on their system, and get to your account. So....My store is the WalMart on Razorback in Colorado Springs, you could have them call there and ask for the Photo Department, there are at least 3 people back there that know how to do it.

Good luck and may the force be with you

Comment

Most Wal-marts are clueless. Normally, the photo dept is where you go to do the conversions. Some places have it at the cell phone area and some even have it in the electronics dept. The one I frequent is at the photo dept and they know what they are doing. Some helpful hints...

1. They should have a book that contains their log-in info for the vudu program.
              2. Once they are successful in getting into the vudu program, have them look up your pre-made list using your email address that is associated with your vudu account.
              3. Let them look at your discs to verify that you own them.
              4. If they give you a hard time, you can try calling Wal-mart at 1-800-WALMART (925-6278) to let them know the local store doesn't know how to work the program. It might help.

The store I use is:
              Store # 3868
              Shreveport Walmart Supercenter
              1125 Shreveport Barksdale Hwy
              Shreveport, LA 71105
              (318) 861-9202

At least 2 people in the photo dept that know how to do the vudu that they do so well. If your wal-mart has issues, they can try calling and asking them for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
                Most Wal-marts are clueless. Normally, the photo dept is where you go to do the conversions. Some places have it at the cell phone area and some even have it in the electronics dept. The one I frequent is at the photo dept and they know what they are doing. Some helpful hints...

1. They should have a book that contains their log-in info for the vudu program.
                2. Once they are successful in getting into the vudu program, have them look up your pre-made list using your email address that is associated with your vudu account.
                3. Let them look at your discs to verify that you own them.
                4. If they give you a hard time, you can try calling Wal-mart at 1-800-WALMART (925-6278) to let them know the local store doesn't know how to work the program. It might help.

The store I use is:
                Store # 3868
                Shreveport Walmart Supercenter
                1125 Shreveport Barksdale Hwy
                Shreveport, LA 71105
                (318) 861-9202

At least 2 people in the photo dept that know how to do the vudu that they do so well. If your wal-mart has issues, they can try calling and asking them for help.
                So, I went to my local Wal-Mart that I called and asked at the photo department if they offered the service again. The photo department had no idea what I was talking about and directed me to electronics where the lady directed me back to the photo department whom though I was talking about putting videos and photos onto disc lol.

I have a bunch of Wal-Marts I could call next but one last question is? Are all Wal-Mart's supposed to be offering this service and they just don't train their employees on it effectively because it's not a common service at some locations?

Thank you for all the help! I was told on the phone that it was offered than no one knew anything about it when I got there. I will try some others before making any phone calls first.

Comment

So, I went to my local Wal-Mart that I called and asked at the photo department if they offered the service again. The photo department had no idea what I was talking about and directed me to electronics where the lady directed me back to the photo department whom though I was talking about putting videos and photos onto disc lol.

I have a bunch of Wal-Marts I could call next but one last question is? Are all Wal-Mart's supposed to be offering this service and they just don't train their employees on it effectively because it's not a common service at some locations?

Thank you for all the help! I was told on the phone that it was offered than no one knew anything about it when I got there. I will try some others before making any phone calls first.
                  All WalMarts are supposed to offer this service, either they do not know that it exists OR they just have not found it expedient to "get there". I believe if you search this form site there is a number to WalMart corporate that pertains to this issue, and if approached they are supposed to get the WalMart sites up to date on the process and the program (the number is lurking in this forum somewhere associated with similar threads).

I started this project in 2012 or thereabouts and had to "train" my WalMart store in the process, they at least knew that it existed. Once one associate had it "down", the next in line was initiated in the process. They used to cringe when I came in, because I would take between 100 and 200 discs in at a time. I was organized though, I had my printed list, and all of the discs were arranged in the same order as the list.

T'were it me I would ask to speak with the store manager and go down that route. The only other impediment that I can imagine is if they do not have the computer at that store that facilitates the D2D process, but if it is a Super Store, I suspect that they do have it in the Cell Phone department, they just might not know that they do.

Comment

True Romance isn't even available to purchase anymore through Vudu
                    How strange, anyone know why? It doesn't even show up in a search: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#search/true%20romance

...and I do own the title via VUDU, redeemed a long time ago via D2D. I see it listed in My Library (phew!) as well as via direct link here: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/10674

But it's odd that it won't even show up via search. I have a large library and search is the primary UI I use for selecting movies. Browsing my long list takes too much time. And now I have to be concerned that some purchases I have in my library, won't show up in a search? That's not good

Comment

Studios have purchase "windows" and exclusive deals with retailers that Vudu has to honor. Movies usually come back after some time.

There's another thread on the shortcomings of Search on Vudu. Unfortunately during the times the movie is not available on Vudu, Search won't find it either.

Comment

Working...
                      X