Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

The Witch - Ultraviolet or not on Vudu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Witch - Ultraviolet or not on Vudu?

I was happy to see "The Witch" show up today as being able to own it a couple of weeks early over the Blu-ray release. But when I go to purchase that title there was no "Ultraviolet" tag on this movie. I went to Amazon and checked out the Blu-ray and that title lists a Digital HD copy with the purchase of the movie. I typically prefer "Ultraviolet" movies because these can be shared across the "User Group" of people (family members) that have access to my Ultraviolet titles.

So, is "The Witch" purchased directly on Vudu "Ultraviolet" or not. It not, I guess I would purchase the Blu-ray and get the Ultraviolet that way. Currently, though, the Blu-ray is $10 more than the Vudu purchase.

Re: The Witch - Ultraviolet or not on Vudu?

It will go UV eventually. Not sure when. It took them almost a month to make Mojave UV enabled. Hopefully Term Life and Where to Invade Next also go UV soon.

Comment

I used to lean toward buying the Blu-rays and getting the Ultraviolet copies via the Blu-ray release but quite frankly for a number of months, if not a year or more, I found myself purchasing the Blu-rays and then always streaming the Ultraviolet Digital HD meaning the Blu-ray just sits on the shelf and never gets watched. And now you have Vudu typically, not always, allowing the purchase of NEW Digital HD movies for $14.99 plus Bonus content a couple of weeks earlier than the Blu-ray release. Many times these Blu-rays are $5 to $10 more over what I can the purchase the Ultraviolet Digital HD for. I used to think it was worth spending the extra $ for the Blu-ray but I purchase lots of movies and even saving $10 per movies adds up week after week especially when I will probably never watch the Blu-ray and it just takes up shelf space. You can argue the Blu-ray picture quality is superior to the HDX Digital HD, and I get that, but that slight picture improvement just does not justify the overall total cost for me anymore.

Anymore, whether or not a movie or TV series is Ultraviolet or not, in many cases, is the difference between me purchasing a movie or TV series or not. I do have (5) family members that have access to my Ultraviolet Library so whenever I purchase an Ultraviolet movie or TV series, these family members scattered across the US, instantly have access to these purchases. I really wish Apple and Amazon would at least allow viewing of Ultraviolet titles on their platforms. I specifically do not purchase movie/TV titles on these services because I prefer to have my movies all on one viewing platform meaning Vudu. At the beginning, I was 110% supportive of Apple and iTunes until virtually all movie studios, over a 2-3 year period or so, began moving away from iTunes Digital Copies and going with Ultraviolet Digital Copies. And then, of course, there is Disney Movies Anywhere who went off on their own. At least, I guess, you can watch Disney Movies Anywhere on Vudu and Apple TV but the limiting factor is that EACH family member has to purchase their own HDX Disney Digital copy. Just seems rather greedy to me but what can you do with Disney owning Marvel and Star Wars now, plus the Disney franchise itself.

Even now, you have MGM still not offering Ultraviolet copies on any or many of their movies and there are many MGM titles I would love to purchase. I suppose I eventually will purchase these movies regardless.

I just wish most primary/secondary movies studios or TV networks would get on the same train and allow Ultraviolet. You have some TV studios like ABC where I would love to purchase a Season or a TV Series but then I see it doesn't have Ultraviolet or even Disney Movies Anywhere so they loose a sale at least for now. Once again, ABC is owned by greedy Disney and for whatever reason, maybe legal I am sure, don't even allow Disney Movie Anywhere rights.

Now we have 4K UHD and I look at that and I am thinking I just spent probably, over the past 5 years, thousands of dollars building up my HDX library and now here is something new that is even more expensive. $29.99 typically for UHD movies. Sheesh. The Japanese are already working on 8K so if I start investing in 4K maybe in a few years, 8K will be the new thing. Technology moves on, I guess, but so does the cost. I have been around long enough, plus I love movies, that I invested in VHS movies, then Laserdisc movies (have 100's of those), even that old RCA video disc platform, DVD's, HD DVD's, Blu-rays, Digital HD, and I keep going.

Anyway, the Digital HD world keeps evolving so we will see where it is in a couple of years and roll with the punches along the way.

Comment

Yea, The Witch just turned Ultraviolet on Vudu Digital HD. Now I will purchase it!! Pride and Prejudice: Zombies has the Ultraviolet logo now along with Risen!!

Comment

Working...
        X