Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is Wal Mart still supporting VUDU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Wal Mart still supporting VUDU?

There has not been a title added to D2D since March (Barbie Fairytopia .. the one we've all been waiting for!) and even before that it was getting pitiful the number of titles being added. Is Vudu on its way out?

Support has been horrible too. I had to take a blu ray into a Wal Mart store to get converted because it was not recognized (this happens too much) and the person there added it to my account as a DVD (SD quality) despite me telling them ahead of time it should be HDX. Pretty sure she had no idea what I was talking about. I contacted Vudu support about the matter, and they asked me to take pictures of the disc and email them back. I did so, after which I was told it was being "escalated" to take care of and since then I have heard nothing. No more responses to my emails. This has been weeks now, is Wal Mart just dropping support for Vudu?

Re: Is Wal Mart still supporting VUDU?

As for customer support I don't know what is going on there. I have never had an issue that didn't get resolved quickly.

As for the in store support. They have never been good with it. I don't think they train the employees or really push it in the stores and never have. Every time i have had to take a disk in I end up having to basically walk them through how to do it as no one knows how to do it or it doesn't work. It seems like they run it as a separate entity when they should have it more strongly supported in store.

As for VUDU itself to me it seems to be exactly where it is going to be until Walmart either puts more effort into it, Amazon and Google go UV, or all of the studios agree to support 1 format (not Itunes, Amazon, Google, and UV) and everything is run as its own storefront linked back to one central account. Which is what they should do is have 1 central format that you can buy from any store similar to physical media. Think of it as they create a better version of UV that everything you buy on any store links to. Vudu seems to be the strongest retailer of UV movies and shouldn't be going anywhere as long as it stay profitable. I look at the fact that it is supported by Disney Movies anywhere. They aren't just granting access to anything they don't see as a good fit and it is the only service that has this and also supports UV. I would look at Cinemanow as the one in trouble before VUDU. That is a service that I have no idea how is still in business without Disney or a major company backing them since Best Buy backed out.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerlover View Post
      As for customer support I don't know what is going on there. I have never had an issue that didn't get resolved quickly.

As for the in store support. They have never been good with it. I don't think they train the employees or really push it in the stores and never have. Every time i have had to take a disk in I end up having to basically walk them through how to do it as no one knows how to do it or it doesn't work. It seems like they run it as a separate entity when they should have it more strongly supported in store.

As for VUDU itself to me it seems to be exactly where it is going to be until Walmart either puts more effort into it, Amazon and Google go UV, or all of the studios agree to support 1 format (not Itunes, Amazon, Google, and UV) and everything is run as its own storefront linked back to one central account. Which is what they should do is have 1 central format that you can buy from any store similar to physical media. Think of it as they create a better version of UV that everything you buy on any store links to. Vudu seems to be the strongest retailer of UV movies and shouldn't be going anywhere as long as it stay profitable. I look at the fact that it is supported by Disney Movies anywhere. They aren't just granting access to anything they don't see as a good fit and it is the only service that has this and also supports UV. I would look at Cinemanow as the one in trouble before VUDU. That is a service that I have no idea how is still in business without Disney or a major company backing them since Best Buy backed out.
      I have to agree here. VUDU is a great service, but you almost have to train yourself to handle the customer service issues. If I can't buy it or convert it, I wait.

As far as a central storefront, that would be a great idea, but too many hands in the pot would ruin it.

CinemaNow, yes, I would agree would go out of business before VUDU does. There is ONLY one thing that CinemaNow has over VUDU, and that is that most movies are in their correct aspect ratios (there's a whole other post for that). However, VUDU is easier to use, has more movies, including some cult classics most other services don't have.

Comment

Your concerns seem to be all about D2D. That's a barely supported program, and has been for a while. That's really too bad because D2D is the one game-changing advantage that Vudu has over the leading competitors. People just weren't using it much.

Vudu as a video service definitely has Walmart's support. When I walked into the store last week, there was a large Vudu poster right at the entrance. If that were an ad for some third party product, that would be a very expensive spot to sponsor. So, yes, Walmart is definitely supporting Vudu.

Comment

I highly doubt Vudu itself is going anywhere. Might D2D stop? Possibly since they don't seem to care about it anymore, and the program is still in beta, right? I could see them doing away with it, but not Vudu completely. I wish they would add more and keep the D2D updated with older titles, say titles 2-3 years after their release should be added, but that's just me. It also depends on the studios, as I know Vudu can't just pick which titles are D2D, just like they aren't in control of titles that are pulled from being able to purchase or rent.

As for customer support, it use to be great. Lately, in the last two months or so, all of my questions went unanswered and closed when I went to check on them. I had to come to the forum and post to get my issues resolved. However, I emailed support yesterday, they replied this morning and again an hour ago and my issue then was taken care of within 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
          X