Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

D2D in HDX Titles Where VUDU Delivers an SD License to MYUV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2D in HDX Titles Where VUDU Delivers an SD License to MYUV

Here are titles which you can D2D in HDX at VUDU, but ... which VUDU delivers as an SD license to MYUV by accident

IN THIS OUR LIFE (VUDU ID 83727)
    HIDING OUT (VUDU ID 22914)
    DRAGONHEART: A NEW BEGINNING (VUDU ID 5041)
    BREAKING AWAY (VUDU ID 7888)
    UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT (VUDU ID 9935)
    HIDDEN (2010) (VUDU ID 175716) (can D2D in SD/HDX - only shows SD on Vudu movie page as well)
    PHOENIX (VUDU ID 6114)
    SOUTH OF HEAVEN, WEST OF HELL (VUDU ID 6365)

Note, they also deliver an SD license if you buy them in HDX. So it's a problem both ways re: ALID.

Re: D2D in HDX Titles Where VUDU Delivers an SD License to MYUV

Breaking Away and Uptown Saturday Night export as HDX for me, just tested them. The rest do export as SD. I'll need to find out why, sometimes this is due to studio restrictions believe it or not.

Comment

Thanks for checking those two - I'll definitely grab BREAKING AWAY and UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT now.

We'd definitely appreciate the look into those other titles.

In the case of delivering an SD "only" via D2D (because of studio licensing), maybe it shouldn't be D2D-able in HDX (as I think most buyers expect an HDX license, especially if paying an upgrade price for HDX).

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post
        Thanks for checking those two - I'll definitely grab BREAKING AWAY and UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT now.

We'd definitely appreciate the look into those other titles.

In the case of delivering an SD "only" via D2D (because of studio licensing), maybe it shouldn't be D2D-able in HDX (as I think most buyers expect an HDX license, especially if paying an upgrade price for HDX).
        Then we won't be able to view these titles in HDX on Vudu... double edged sword.

Comment

Yes - if that's the choice they make re: viewing at all.

I'm only suggesting if you can only D2D and deliver an SD license (because of studio licensing)
          - then only allow it to D2D in SD (not allow it to be HDX in D2D, because you're not delivering a "full" license)

If you want to buy in HDX, leave that. if I D2D in HDX, I anticipate an HD license. As noted, HDX is sometimes an upgrade price ... so - I should not be charged an HDX price for an SD license.

Most of us expect to "receive" in our UV locker what we "pay" for. Hopefully this will not affect more than a few titles - and won't affect "the majority of customers".

Comment

Agreed, it is a bit misleading. That's why I've already notified my contact in content. Hopefully these were entered as having SD rights by mistake and can be changed to HDX. That would be the best outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
              Then we won't be able to view these titles in HDX on Vudu... double edged sword.
              Not necessarily true. Movies not available for sale on Vudu can import from your UV locker and be playable.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                Hopefully these were entered as having SD rights by mistake and can be changed to HDX. That would be the best outcome.
                That's what I'm hoping as well - I apologize if I seem combative. I really want the BEST resolution (of the problem, and for viewing!) for all concerned, not just for me personally.

May save on a couple future customer support tickets (fingers crossed)

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                  Movies not available for sale on Vudu can import from your UV locker and be playable.
                  It's very true that if I have selected HDX on a VUDU sub-account (secondary account) - and it only got my UV library as SD - then my main viewing account or a shared viewing account only sees SD.

So - getting the right UV license is valuable for consistency across your VUDU accounts (and other UV streaming providers)

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                    Not necessarily true. Movies not available for sale on Vudu can import from your UV locker and be playable.
                    Rex was referring to D2D conversions made on Vudu.

Comment

The studio has responded that these movies are to be given SD rights only when exporting to UV, regardless of the quality purchased on Vudu. This is how they licensed them to UV.

Comment

That is very misleading on the part of the studio - and/or VUDU - as you specifically charge extra for HDX and indicate "HDX" on the D2D screen and purchase screen - and then deliver only SD. Why - in a world that is increasingly HD, and also heading toward 4K and possibly 8K, would they want the buyer to receive the lowest quality, and overcharge to boot.

With no indication to the buyer - in fact, misleading the buyer as to the quality they're buying?

By this reasoning, you could deliver SD to any HDX purchase and say "studio sez" - oh, you paid extra ... "studio sez" - oh, we indicated HDX ... "studio sez"

Something is wrong here, and this should be investigated. Because you're either overcharging or falsely advertising a product's quality - if you allow someone to make a purchase of HDX, at an increased price, but only deliver SD.

Comment

I agree. There needs to be a UVSD disclaimer on titles like this so that we don't purchase something expecting one thing and getting something else.

Comment

Working...
                          X