Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Dear VUDU - can we please get 2013-2016 titles added to Vudu2Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear VUDU - can we please get 2013-2016 titles added to Vudu2Go?

Out of nothing but sheer curiosity - why would you need to do D2D on a newer title when it gave you a UV code at purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
      Out of nothing but sheer curiosity - why would you need to do D2D on a newer title when it gave you a UV code at purchase?
      My issue is that the catalog blu-ray titles released in 2013 - 2016 also don't work. And most of them don't come with a UV code. Just to name a couple that I tried this weekend. One Hour Photo (blu-ray released May 2013) and Silver Streak (blu-ray released August 2013.)

Also, in regards to newer titles, the studios sometimes remove the UV codes after the first year. For instance, American Sniper blu-ray no longer comes with a UV code.

Comment

I purchase movies for $1 or less at yard sales and I have accumulated a bunch from 2014+2015 this year. There are no codes in my cases, but the discs are D2D. No thanks to the Walmart Sharpie (instore), so Kaleidescape (at-home) is getting my money instead of VUDU (at-home) as VUDU2Go won't read them

Comment

There is a whole used DVD-BR market, and often the codes are not included. Also, codes do expire.

So D2D is a great way to add new titles (and if you can take them in-store, and other providers also recognize them, Vudu2Go should do so as well), as well as old titles.

The problem is the inconsistency. Or you run into things like this - where a title "misreads" as 4 other titles, but not the title you put in. In this case, GOLD DIGGERS of 1935 gives you the choice of 4 other titles, none of which is actually GD of 1935.

Comment

I see... I didn't even know that was allowed

Comment

Well - the fact you buy a used disc (at a yard sale, a library sale, an estate sale, or from a used retailer) does not mean you're trying to "cheat" -

Many folks do not take advantage of codes or D2D (or have never heard of such a thing), or get rid of DVD when BR come out - etc.

If Walmart wants to use an ink (one that doesn't damage the disc - great); but if they want to use a Sharpie ... that's not cool.

Although it seems only as if we're whining - we're really trying to help VUDU make this the best possible service. Right now - it's functioning at about 70%; which has to be frustrating for many new users, who probably just give up.

We, the heavier users, run into problems faster than others - so we're trying to say "Heads up, this isn't quite working yet" - there were always be problems/errors - but let's get 'er up to say ... 90-95% working?

Every fix on VUDU's end helps the entire UV and streaming community as a whole (we, or at least I, hope).

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by craiggers88 View Post
                I purchase movies for $1 or less at yard sales and I have accumulated a bunch from 2014+2015 this year.
                Quote Originally Posted by Rex Strother View Post
                There is a whole used DVD-BR market, and often the codes are not included.

That's what I thought. You guys might want to be careful about saying that. If WalMart is trying to stop users from taking advantage of the system in stores, why wouldn't they stop users who openly talk about doing it on their website?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/11/29...to-digital-ink
                TheVerge post is from 2012, and you are sidetracking the topic. These discs should have worked in VUDU2Go, but they didnt when I wanted to use them (Number 23 was probably when I didnt have a BR drive in my computer). Who wants this done to their discs by a Walmart employee!! Because I sure don't!

If i was able to do these at home, I wouldn't have to stare at this and absolutely hate Walmart, thats why I enjoy Kaleidescape for not giving me problems, and being $0.01 cheaper than Walmart in-store (since Walmart instore is not 50% off 10 movies)

I personally own these movies, and the fact that I bought them for $1 or $14.99 or $22.99 shouldn't matter. The disc should work at home since they are marked as D2D eligible... and well... they dont...

Comment

Okay - now we're getting off topic. The point of the thread is ... 2013-2016 titles don't read with V2G and should.

Let's hope Content figures out why and makes it work - because that will be awesome.

Comment

Another classic problem - some DVD sold of eligible title are "printed on demand" by Warner/Sony/Universal

All of the Universal VAULT SERIES which I've tried (different titles) all misread as an ineligible film "Because They're Young" (see image)

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post
                      The D2D rights for these eligible titles clearly exist, as they are available as in-store D2D.

Can you please update / upgrade the Gracenote database that Vudu2Go uses to include these titles?

We've waited a long time.
                      i agree and could you add young guns

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        Most 2013+ titles are Ultraviolet and/or have eCopy codes included with the DVD. The D2D program is meant to be an inexpensive way to add older (pre-UV) DVD titles to your Ultraviolet locker. Studios generally don't offer new titles via D2D if they already include a digital redemption with the disc.

That said, if you have examples of recent titles that you are sure are available in as D2D but are not recognized by the Vudu2Go D2D app feel free to list them.

http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
                        Jake, there are plenty of discs released after 2013 that are D2D eligible but don't have digital copies. Yes, most films made after 2013 may come with a digital copy when released but catalog titles released after 2013 typically do not (especially WB).

And with all due respect, we have listed titles in that thread for years and customer service hasn't done squat with fixing the issues. Has Vudu ever reached out to Gracenote? Based on my discussions with Gracenote they asked that Vudu reach out to them for troubleshooting/help but it seems Vudu hasn't done that either.

Now this might be the underlying issue, the Vudu D2D program uses the gracenote gnsdk_tocgen.dll file which is from 2013. There are a lot newer versions available.

TOCGEN Product Version : 3.05.0.795 (built 2013-05-05 12:42-0700)

Comment

Who cares if a movie from 2013 onward came with a code or not? Vudu added them as D2D, then say they aren't D2D even when it's still in the system that they are? Do the people at Vudu even bother talking to one another? Get with the program already. Lots buy Blu-rays/DVDs at pawn shops or yard sales, and those newer movies that include digital codes most likely won't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                            Most 2013+ titles are Ultraviolet and/or have eCopy codes included with the DVD. The D2D program is meant to be an inexpensive way to add older (pre-UV) DVD titles to your Ultraviolet locker. Studios generally don't offer new titles via D2D if they already include a digital redemption with the disc.

That said, if you have examples of recent titles that you are sure are available in as D2D but are not recognized by the Vudu2Go D2D app feel free to list them.

http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
                            Jake, most of those are ones that we have listed BECAUSE they are on the D2D list but they have never worked. I hope you can get the attention of someone in Content on this, because it's one of the biggest frustrations of what is a great program and product.

Comment

I think we all agree (speculation aside) that since old and new titles are made D2D-eligible, and that in-store D2D is available for new release titles, and that other services do allow new-release D2D, that the V2G problem merely lies in the recognition database that VUDU uses (which we seem to understand is a Gracenote one - with updates that haven't been purchased or installed).

So - again - we're just asking that (1) VUDU update their database or (2) utilize all the "Manually Verify" data they've allegedly gathered and recognize more discs, including new releases.

Because the long thread of "discs not recognizing" with thousands of entries and UPC numbers and such - clearly isn't a source for updating the database.

VUDU2GO is a great app - and D2D is a great service - we just would like it work for more than 70% of the titles ... and want to help make it work, if our help is useful or needed.

Comment

At least a part of the issue lies on the side Vudu controls. Some of the titles which the D2D software doesn't recognize are recognized by Oppo's blu-ray player. Oppo uses the Gracenote software for disc recognition but they don't have a D2D feature. Also, some titles which used to work (be identified properly) early on now give an identification issue error message.

Comment

Working...
                                X