Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Location must match billing address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location must match billing address

So when I'm using the disc to digital service with in the VUDU app for Android I'm getting stuck at location verification. With it saying "Location must match billing address". Yes I am in the comfort of my own home and yes my billing address is the the same as my home. I have even confirmed this with Google Maps GPS location services. I have attached an image below in the link.

https://ibb.co/hNPBRv

Re: Location must match billing address

Did you disable your GPS? Furthermore, is GPS permission enabled for the Vudu app? Like when it popped up asking for permission to use your GPS you said no or something.
    Also, I have found that some things need billing address matched to USPS records. Such as putting the full word Avenue instead of Ave.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. i just moved and now it doesn't match. how do i change the settings to make it match again?

Comment

1) Make sure the Vudu app has permission to use GPS always

2) Make sure your home address is correct under both “account info” and “payment info”

Comment

i have done that but i don't see the billing section on vudu since i use PayPal

Comment

HELP!! My issue is I live in a rural area so my billing address is a Post Office Box since I don't get regular mail delivery at my physical home address. How do I get around this issue with the disc to digital requiring location to match your billing address?

Comment

Someone in another thread said they had to get rid of the paypal information and use a credit card to get it working. If you have a card, you might try that.

Comment

Does anyone else have the issue that their billing address is a PO Box? How do you get around this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazcare View Post
                  Does anyone else have the issue that their billing address is a PO Box? How do you get around this issue?
                  Can't use a PO BOX for mobile D2D from what we have been told. Unless you actually go to your PO BOX location and try to convert from there perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
                    Can't use a PO BOX for mobile D2D from what we have been told. Unless you actually go to your PO BOX location and try to convert from there perhaps?
                    I actually tried that since it's just a block from my house but it wouldn't work from there either. Lol

Comment

I've had the same issue since they relaunched the system. I spent over an hour on the phone with support trying to get it to work, and resorted to not only trying a number of fixes but actually walked around my place outside several hundred feet in a broad circle, wandering the neighborhood with a blu-ray and phone in hand, with no luck. I was told to "wait and see if the next update fixes things".

That was months ago now.

Comment

I solved my issue with this and I'm in a rual area which are known to be
                        An issue with the mobile app.
                        This took awhile , I called Vudu support and nothing we tried worked but
                        I pressed on.

1. I selected account information on Vudu and kept trying different
                        Variations of my address while editing my shipping address

Normally I would have two choices:
                        • continue editing address
                        • use address as is

Then finally It gave me a 3rd option
                        • your current address is ( worded something like this )

And so I choose the option to use the variation of my address as Vudu saw it.

2. Using my online banking I altered my address to appear exactly as I just saved as
                        My shipping address.

Note Vudu had an hyphen and an extender after my zip code ( xxxxx-xxxxx) so I made sure I added this Because the post office uses this to be more exact about your physical address.

3. On Vudu I updated my payment information which was already close but I added
                        My 4 digit extender after my zip code separated with a hyphen and it gave me an error
                        But allowed me to save it anyway.

I didn't have to Uninstall the vudu app, it began working immediately on my iPhone 7 plus.

Called Vudu and let them know I solved my issue with disc to digital and the representative
                        Was surprised saying he's never heard of anyone getting it working that lived in a rual area
                        That was having this issue
                        He checked his trouble shooting steps and said adding a hyphen and an extender to the
                        Zip wasn't one of the trouble shooting steps and that he was going to tell customers about
                        This in the future to correct their issue with this error message regarding the location
                        Not matching the billing address.

If this helps anyone please reply in this thread to let me know if it helped solve your
                        Issue with this error message

Comment

^ While I am glad that changing your address solved your problem I have a hard time believing that the 4 number extension on the zip code solved the issue. I also live in a rural area and I solved my D2D problem by making sure the address for my home that appears on Google Maps was the exact same as the address I had on file with both the paying service (PayPal) and VUDU. In my cause it just meant eliminating a simple space in my address. I don't use the 4 number extension in my zipcode address on PayPal, VUDU and Google Maps does not show it.

If you drill down through the VUDU app on your phone under Permissions you will have Location enabled. That's how VUDU determines your exact location using a combination of GPS, Cell-ID, and Wi-Fi to locate your device. If you own an Android phone the Google app will also have Location enabled. This is how you and your phone would be located in case of an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by moelarrycurly View Post
                            ^ While I am glad that changing your address solved your problem I have a hard time believing that the 4 number extension on the zip code solved the issue. I also live in a rural area and I solved my D2D problem by making sure the address for my home that appears on Google Maps was the exact same as the address I had on file with both the paying service (PayPal) and VUDU. In my cause it just meant eliminating a simple space in my address. I don't use the 4 number extension in my zipcode address on PayPal, VUDU and Google Maps does not show it.

My post was long enough as it was so I didn?t explain
                            Everything I tried and I did the same as you described
                            And it didn?t work for my address.

I posted this information to help others that have tried everything
                            They?ve read in this thread as I did to no avail. Just because I didn?t
                            Mention everything I tried doesn?t mean I didn?t try it.

Glad you got yours working too and I feel horrible that you
                            Don?t believe what worked with my address but I?ll try and
                            Cope

Comment

Originally posted by Phe0nix View Post
                              My post was long enough as it was so I didn?t explain
                              Everything I tried and I did the same as you described
                              And it didn?t work for my address.

I posted this information to help others that have tried everything
                              They?ve read in this thread as I did to no avail. Just because I didn?t
                              Mention everything I tried doesn?t mean I didn?t try it.

Glad you got yours working too and I feel horrible that you
                              Don?t believe what worked with my address but I?ll try and
                              Cope
                              I do believe changing your address worked for you. I just don't think the 4 number extension in and of itself was the reason. I suspect your reconfirming and possibly inadvertently correcting your address was what cured your address problem. But if you have always used the 9 number zip code on all of your billing and service addresses then you apparently found where the error was.

Comment

Working...
                              X