Default BX100 OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE

My understanding that the BX100 is out of stock due to a parts shortage from the vendors. I don't have a Best Buy that carries the box in stock any where within 50 miles of me. And although, the Best Buy web site indicates "available", shortly after placing the order they came back with "backordered". I contacted them as well, and they also indicated that there is no understanding of when these will be in-stock.

I am not clear how a business is run that doesn't either stock it's main line product or in the case of high demand can't indicate within some range when the the product will be available.

I waited to determine if either the AppleTV or the VUDU was the better choice. And I would prefer to buy the VUDU if it's available. I am not looking to buy the more expensive XL box. Especially, since I only intend to rent and no bought material can be off-loaded.

Any response to assist in locating the BX100 as "New" product is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: BX100 OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on when we'll get a new shipment but we'll post an update as soon as we can.
    VUDU Customer Care

There were units at the BestBuy near me on Monday. I picked up a Squeezebox Boom and they had a couple of VUDUs sitting next to the Squeezebox Boom I picked up.

I spotted 4 Vudu BX100's on the shelf of a Best Buy in St. Petersburg. Where are you located? Don't forget eBay - there are usually great deals on Vudu boxes there.
    Ed

The AVIS of Vudu fans - #2 so I try harder

I was able to find one at one location in Dallas. Called before going there. Their inventory tracker said they had three, physical only indicated two. Paid for it over the phone and then went to pick it up.

The Bestbuy.com site still indicates 'available'. Dont' be fooled. They get their shipments from VUDU. If VUDU is out of stock then they will continue to be. I didn't feel comfortable buying over Ebay. Even when someone says item is new, sometimes not and I don't think the consequences are worth the difference given the dollars involved.

vudu has been out of stock of the vudu box at least since July 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the best response you get from support to this date is "ETA is not known."

What a way to run a business.

Thread Information