Default Drive not showing correct aspect ratio

I rented Drive in HDX and it is showing in open matte format like the way HBO showcases their movies.

I searched blu-ray.com and Drive is indeed listed as being in 2.39 widescreen aspect ratio.Also I double checked my settings on my tv and ps3 just to make sure nothing is being zoomed out.

Is this a common thing that the studios do to digital rentals,to provide movies in open matte instead of their original aspect ratio.

Default Re: Drive not showing correct aspect ratio

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I rented Drive in HDX and it is showing in open matte format like the way HBO showcases their movies.

I searched blu-ray.com and Drive is indeed listed as being in 2.39 widescreen aspect ratio.Also I double checked my settings on my tv and ps3 just to make sure nothing is being zoomed out.

Is this a common thing that the studios do to digital rentals,to provide movies in open matte instead of their original aspect ratio.
    This is the aspect ratio the studio choose to have us show the film. I would be happy to pass your feedback to our content team for future releases.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Thread Information