Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will Versions From Other Countries Work?

Quote Originally Posted by sbuberl View Post
    Possibly, but also, every single movie you listed is purchasable from ParamountMovies.com site while Iron Man is not. Maybe it currently only supports/recognizes those movies as their own.
    Exactly, because Paramount does not own the Marvel movies, it only distributes them which is most likely why they are not for sale in UV on Paramount's site. I am actually surprised there are any Marvel movies on D2D because Disney owns Marvel. Are you aware of any Paramount movies on D2D that aren't available to purchase on their site? I am going to convert some Marvel movies this week and will see if they show up on Paramount's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkenator View Post
    Exactly, because Paramount does not own the Marvel movies, it only distributes them which is most likely why they are not for sale in UV on Paramount's site. I am actually surprised there are any Marvel movies on D2D because Disney owns Marvel. Are you aware of any Paramount movies on D2D that aren't available to purchase on their site? I am going to convert some Marvel movies this week and will see if they show up on Paramount's site.
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised Paramount Marvel movies were on D2D list too.

I was just about to say that they do always match except for Marvel movies, but I was browsing list of Paramount Blu-rays and I found three non-Marvel titles which are on D2D list but not for sale on Paramount's site: Grease, Stardust, and Major League. I stopped looking at that point.

The Paramount D2D list and movies on their site list are very close if you exclude Marvel, but it doesn't look like they are a perfect match.

EDIT: Looks like I should have should have checked my own DVD collection first, because Zodiac and The Warriors are also only on D2D as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkenator View Post
    Disney may own Marvel, but Paramount still has the rights to their own films. Paramount is still allowed to sell the movies their own studio has made however they want.

Quote Originally Posted by prkprkprk View Post
    Disney may own Marvel, but Paramount still has the rights to their own films. Paramount is still allowed to sell the movies their own studio has made however they want.
    I wish it were that simple. Can you explain why no Marvel movies are available for direct sale in Ultraviolet through Paramount's website?

Thread Information