Thread: Prometheus

Default Prometheus

Prometheus in HDX please. Before or while it's in theaters.

Default Re: Prometheus

I'm pretty sure that your gonna have to wait for the DVD release before it hits VUDU. Same goes for Avengers. I actually know of no digital movie service that offers the movie before it goes to disk (off topic: I remember 15 years ago we were saying VHS )

Quote Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
    I'm pretty sure that your gonna have to wait for the DVD release before it hits VUDU. Same goes for Avengers. I actually know of no digital movie service that offers the movie before it goes to disk (off topic: I remember 15 years ago we were saying VHS )
    Underworld: Awakening and The Grey showed up on here like 2 weeks before their actual DVD/BR release date. Occasionally movies gets on here a little early but you can only buy it early. Have to wait for disc release before you can rent.

Also, there are movies that come out digitally for rent either before or during its time in the theaters. I rented Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil while it was still in theaters. The rental price was almost same as movie ticket. "Dark Tide" was on Vudu before it even hit theaters. However, these are generally very small releases which studios are testing the water for how it will do.

However, Studios will certainly not let large, cash cow movies like Avengers and Prometheus on Vudu and other digital sites until disc release time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
    DirecTV offers movies while still in theatre but its like $30 for a rental

Thread Information