Default It's Official - 1.2.0 is released

It started being covered in another thread, but we can make an official announcement now:

SW Build 1.2.0 with HD streaming has been released!!!

Some people already have this on their boxes and everyone should pretty much have it by tonight.

Some new things with this you should be aware of:

1.) Instant HD capable with 4 Mb/sec or higher. There's a new speed setting on the box for Instant HD. If you are capable of this, the box should set it automatically. Not only will this higher speed setting allow faster downloads of movies in HD, it will also result in faster download of databases, etc.

2.) Constant Audio - This is an audio setting that can be enabled in advanced settings. It should fix the popping issues that some of you are seeing when pausing movies, etc.

It seems like there's a couple other things that I can't think of right now but those are the two biggies.

Note, your database may not be fully up to snuff yet for the HD content so it might not be immediately visible. Some people may be able to see the HD content right away, others may take until later today or tomorrow.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!

Default Re: It's Official - 1.2.0 is released

I said it in the other thread, but in the interest of full disclosure...

Congratulations Vudu! This is a huge milestone! Very well done.

I really like the new setting to send stereo to Hdmi and DD5.1 to the audio outs. No more tv messages saying "HDMI Audio not supported"

I'm a little disappointed that the HD movies I want to watch are listed but not really available yet.

But all in all I would say a small step for Vudu and a large step for Mankind!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertHodge View Post
    I really like the new setting to send stereo to Hdmi and DD5.1 to the audio outs. No more tv messages saying "HDMI Audio not supported"
    Could you elaborate on the message "HDMI Audio not supported." I haven't seen this yet and I only have hdmi going from Vudu to my receiver. Is this something that I should be aware of? Thanks

-orccro

Quote Originally Posted by orccro1 View Post
    Could you elaborate on the message "HDMI Audio not supported." I haven't seen this yet and I only have hdmi going from Vudu to my receiver. Is this something that I should be aware of? Thanks

-orccro
    Nothing to worry about. What you should check is if we send stereo or 5.1 to your receiver. The default is stereo. If you HDMI Audio receiver supports 5.1 then you would want to enable 5.1 output for HDMI in the audio settings.

Quote Originally Posted by orccro1 View Post

-orccro
    I have my hdmi connected to my Sharp Aqous HD tv and the audio connected to my to my Bose 5.1 audio system via optical (toslink).

Even though I don't use the tv for my audio, the Vudu box was sending DD5.1 audio to the tv via hdmi (as well as to the Bose via toslink).

Because my tv doesn't support DD5.1 (only stereo and PCM audio), the tv would display an error message saying it doesn't support DD5.1

It didn't stop me from watching the movie, but it was an annoying message nontheless.

Regards

I thought the old software had the option between stereo and 5.1? I remember seeing it before today.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I thought the old software had the option between stereo and 5.1? I remember seeing it before today.
    It did. It's been that way since before the 1.0 release...

Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't remember the option for the hdmi audio and audio outs to be different. I recall that it was one or the other for all hdmi audio and audio outs. I apologize if I was incorrect.

I'm not going to reinstall the old version to find out.

Thread Information