Question Wal-Mart Gift Cards

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum... or has been brought up before.

Is there currently a means by which you can apply credit from a Walmart Gift Card to your Vudu account? If not are there any future plans to do so?

Thanks,
    Keith

Default Re: Wal-Mart Gift Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum... or has been brought up before.

Is there currently a means by which you can apply credit from a Walmart Gift Card to your Vudu account? If not are there any future plans to do so?

Thanks,
    Keith
    This would be a great idea for walmart, as many of us recieve walmart gift cards for birthday's and christmas.

Also my job gives us walmart gift cards as part of our bonuses and I would love to apply a portion of available credit towards my vudu account.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    This would be a great idea for walmart, as many of us recieve walmart gift cards for birthday's and christmas.

Also my job gives us walmart gift cards as part of our bonuses...
    Exactly what my work does also!!

Smile Re: Wal-Mart Gift Cards

Great Ideas Everybody!!!

I'll fwd your suggestions up the food chain

DanielG

Thanks Daniel... let us know if you receive any feedback...

Thanks again,
    Keith

Is there any news on this? I recently bought a friend a nice eGift voucher to get them started on Vudu but they've had trouble trying to use it online to pay for rentals. Has this not been addressed yet by Walmart, if not that's very poor when it's supposed to be an "integrated" service!

Thumbs down Re: Wal-Mart Gift Cards

For anybody else wondering, In answer to my own question, after asking here and with Walmart customer services.. no you can't use egift vouchers to purchase/rent vudu films. What a joke!

If nothing else Vudu are missing out on a lot of potential sales from this, gift cards are sent out most over the holiday season.. and what better time to settle down to a good film together as a family.

Unhappy Re: Wal-Mart Gift Cards

I went to walmart.com (which accepts Walmart gift cards), created an account, and linked my vudu.com account with it.

Then I selected a movie to rent through Vudu (still on walmart.com), and went to check out.

Guess what? walmart.com doesn't take Walmart gift cards for Vudu either. Still on walmart.com, still free to use Walmart gift cards for other purchases.

Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by chriv View Post
    I went to walmart.com (which accepts Walmart gift cards), created an account, and linked my vudu.com account with it.

Then I selected a movie to rent through Vudu (still on walmart.com), and went to check out.

Guess what? walmart.com doesn't take Walmart gift cards for Vudu either. Still on walmart.com, still free to use Walmart gift cards for other purchases.

Lame.
    Agreed.

I would really like to see the ability to use Wal-mart gift cards here as well.

Thread Information