Default Why only 24 hours on rentals

I started Inception the other night at 7. Had to stop at 8 and couldn't get back to it till the next night at 7. By then, it was expired. I cannot watch while sleeping or at work, only nightly between 7 and 9 or so. Rent for 48 hours and I'll rent a lot more. Rent for 7 days and I would rent everything from you and probably cancel Dish Network.

Default Re: Why only 24 hours on rentals

The rental periods depend on the studio. Some movies have a 48 Hour time frame, but most are 24 like you are saying. I will be happy to submit the feedback and hopefully we can extend rental periods in the future.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Default Re: Why only 24 hours on rentals and only 1 device

My son in college rented a movie at school and wanted to finish it at home. Why are rentals only available on one device? I am planning on putting a device in another room in the house - if i am renting shouldn't matter which device i play it on.

Smile Re: Why only 24 hours on rentals

The rental is tied to the users account.

So if his account was set up on both devices he would be able to watch his selected movie.

I agree, all movies should be 2 day rentals. I hope Vudu changes this but it's doubtful..

30 hours would be a good compromise. For those times when you start one night but can't finish. Then you would still have time to finish watching the next night.

I had exactly the same scenario and it was with Inception as well. I actually had to rent it again to finish the movie. 24 Hours is NOT long enough for a working person who can't stay up late to finish a movie. Please extend to at least 48 hours. I would also rent a lot more movies from Vudu if it weren't for the 24 hour limit.

Thread Information