Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Why only 24 hours on rentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why only 24 hours on rentals

I started Inception the other night at 7. Had to stop at 8 and couldn't get back to it till the next night at 7. By then, it was expired. I cannot watch while sleeping or at work, only nightly between 7 and 9 or so. Rent for 48 hours and I'll rent a lot more. Rent for 7 days and I would rent everything from you and probably cancel Dish Network.

Re: Why only 24 hours on rentals

The rental periods depend on the studio. Some movies have a 48 Hour time frame, but most are 24 like you are saying. I will be happy to submit the feedback and hopefully we can extend rental periods in the future.

Comment

Re: Why only 24 hours on rentals and only 1 device

My son in college rented a movie at school and wanted to finish it at home. Why are rentals only available on one device? I am planning on putting a device in another room in the house - if i am renting shouldn't matter which device i play it on.

Comment

The rental is tied to the users account.

So if his account was set up on both devices he would be able to watch his selected movie.

Comment

I agree, all movies should be 2 day rentals. I hope Vudu changes this but it's doubtful..

Comment

30 hours would be a good compromise. For those times when you start one night but can't finish. Then you would still have time to finish watching the next night.

Comment

I had exactly the same scenario and it was with Inception as well. I actually had to rent it again to finish the movie. 24 Hours is NOT long enough for a working person who can't stay up late to finish a movie. Please extend to at least 48 hours. I would also rent a lot more movies from Vudu if it weren't for the 24 hour limit.

Comment

I actually think that it's pretty ridiculous to only be able to watch a rental, that can cost upwards of $5.99, one single time durimg the rental period. Not omly is the rental period much too brief for that cost, but one would assume that during the rental period, a movie could be accessed as much as desired. Whatever happened to the good old days of Blockbuster ? Even netflix allows multiple viewings, and their rentals only cost $0.99. I love vudu but these restrictioms are bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by nsimon View Post
                  I actually think that it's pretty ridiculous to only be able to watch a rental, that can cost upwards of $5.99, one single time durimg the rental period. Not omly is the rental period much too brief for that cost, but one would assume that during the rental period, a movie could be accessed as much as desired. Whatever happened to the good old days of Blockbuster ? Even netflix allows multiple viewings, and their rentals only cost $0.99. I love vudu but these restrictioms are bogus.
                  You can watch the movie as many times as you would like inside the rental window.

https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answer...ental%20window
                  When you rent a movie, it is stored and available for 30 days while unwatched. Once you press ?play,? a 24-hour viewing period is initiated. You may watch the movie as many times as you wish during this 24-hour period. The rental will expire at the end of the 24-hour period or the end of the 30 days, whichever comes first. Many independent films on the service have a viewing window of 48 hours instead of 24.

Comment

I find Vudu's rental policy much more convenient than a physical rental store. When you rent one from a brick and mortar, you can watch it as many times as you want to watch it, but it has to be back the next day, maybe two. Vudu lets you put it on ice for 30 days before you watch it. That doesn't happen at a store.

Comment

Originally posted by nsimon View Post
                      Pretty sure Netflix does not and has never rented movies. On VUDU HDX new releases are often $5.99 to rent, and Netflix of course doesn't have new releases.

The rental period itself is dictated by studios. For example, Sony (among some others) titles are 48 hours. It will tell you how long you have to watch in the purchase dialog before you complete your rental.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                        The rental periods depend on the studio. Some movies have a 48 Hour time frame, but most are 24 like you are saying. I will be happy to submit the feedback and hopefully we can extend rental periods in the future.
                        It has been 4 years since the feedback request of this, just wondering if rentals are still mostly 24hrs?

Comment

I just paid $24 to watch Dune, which I think is way overpriced, but the wife wanted to see it. We started watching it and then paused after 20 minutes because we were tired and went to sleep, thinking we could resume it the next night. The next night they wanted us to rent it again to finish watching it. That’s absurd for a $24 rental. That’s it for me on this platform, I’m closing my Vudu account. How ridiculous is this site?

Comment

Originally posted by HorstL View Post
                            I just paid $24 to watch Dune, which I think is way overpriced, but the wife wanted to see it. We started watching it and then paused after 20 minutes because we were tired and went to sleep, thinking we could resume it the next night. The next night they wanted us to rent it again to finish watching it. That’s absurd for a $24 rental. That’s it for me on this platform, I’m closing my Vudu account. How ridiculous is this site?
                            Dude, that was on you. It tells you clearly before you pay how long the rental period is.

Also, the pricing is pretty standard for "Theatre at Home" rentals everywhere (such as Amazon, iTunes, and Google) as they're not priced like regular rentals. I never do "Theatre at Home" rentals for that very reason. They're way too expensive. I always wait for there to be a purchase option. With the new James Bond movie, "No Time to Die," I had to wait forever for that option. For like a whole month it as rental only. The thing is that in this case, there WAS a purchase option! You could have owned it for only a few bucks more. I would much rather pay $29.99 and own forever than pay $24.99 to rent for a single day.

Or you could have paid only $14.99 to have access to HBO Max for a whole month where you could watch it as many times as you want. That's how I watched it the day it was released. And as a bonus you get to watch the new Matrix next week.

Comment

Working...
                            X