Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Default CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

I wonder when Best Buy's CinemaNow will link with UVVU.com? With the pre-release of Prometheus UV and CinemaNow redeem option one would think they would now be ready to link with UVVU? I have these titles on CinemaNow that I would liked linked to my UVVU and Vudu accounts.

Batman: Year One
    The Blind Side
    Crazy Stupid Love
    Dark Tide
    The Departed
    Green Lantern
    Haywire
    Ocean's 11
    Wedding Crashers
    My D2D HDX Wish List: MGM Titles

Default Re: CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

Quote Originally Posted by E55KEV View Post
    I wonder when Best Buy's CinemaNow will link with UVVU.com? With the pre-release of Prometheus UV and CinemaNow redeem option one would think they would now be ready to link with UVVU? I have these titles on CinemaNow that I would liked linked to my UVVU and Vudu accounts.

Batman: Year One
    The Blind Side
    The Departed
    Ocean's 11
    Wedding Crashers
    Well the preorder of Prometheus is available through mostly non-UV retailers. Fox is giving the user choices. Either Best Buy or CinemaNow is a UV member and I'd have suspected it would have it by now, because the backend is made by Rovi who upgraded their store software to support UV. But no word of CinemaNow rolling it out soon. I think we'll see Amazon UV before them.

Default CinemaNow Now Ultraviolet

The Dark Knight Returns brings CinemaNow into Ultraviolet:

My D2D HDX Wish List: MGM Titles

Default Re: CinemaNow Now Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by E55KEV View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns brings CinemaNow into Ultraviolet:

I couldn't see the image from my location but found it here:

http://www.cinemanow.com/title/466270

You can see the UV logo next to the title. So looks as if it is coming soon! I'm thinking a lot of announcements for UV will be waiting for CES 2013. I would expect to hear about the CFF and Certified players then, plus any additional studios coming on-board such as Disney... (one can dream right...?)
    "Live to Win!"
    www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
    www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more

I am clueless about Cinema Now. What is it?

How does Cinema Now work and what does it mean that it is now Ultraviolet?

Is there a press release where I can read about this?

CinemaNow is simply a Vudu competitor, it's also owned by Best Buy. It's their service.. Best Buy is part of the DECE, so it was only a matter of time before they started supporting UV in their store.

Hopefully all this will mean is that we have one more choice for purchasing and watching UV titles. Hopefully it will end up like Vudu and you can watch any UV title that you have in your UV locker. The benefit of this could be that if CinemaNow offers a andriod/windows phone app and Vudu still doesn't. We could simply use their app to watch our UV titles.

Edit: Also noticed MIB3 is showing it as well: http://www.cinemanow.com/title/476333
    "Live to Win!"

Quote Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
    I am clueless about Cinema Now. What is it?

How does Cinema Now work and what does it mean that it is now Ultraviolet?

Is there a press release where I can read about this?
    Cinema Now is another VOD service like Vudu that used to be called RoxioNow until it was bought by Best Buy couple years ago. I think it used to only support SD except for some Intel PC's, but it seems it's HD support is growing and apparently they have have Android and iOS Apps. They've upgraded themselves quite a bit in last year or or so since I last considered using it.

Actually, I just logged into my my CinemaNow account and there was an option to link my UVVU account (which I did). But it doesn't seem to support importing my UV library into my CinemaNow account. Maybe there will be a big announcement once everything works cause I find no mention of it in quick news search.

Quote Originally Posted by sbuberl View Post
    Actually, I just logged into my my CinemaNow account and there was an option to link my UVVU account (which I did). But it doesn't seem to support importing my UV library into my CinemaNow account. Maybe there will be a big announcement once everything works cause I find no mention of it in quick news search.
    I didn't have CinemaNow account, but did just the same thing. Logged in via my Best Buy account and noticed that I could link the account to my UV account. So I've linked it but it doesn't seem to let me watch anything in my locker... I'm sure this is still a work in progress but great to see!

Edit: Also I noticed that under my UV account on the linking page. CinemaNow is not listed in addition to my other services. However, a new link which is just Rovi looks new. Which CinemaNow is powered by Rovi so this makes sense. I wonder if Best Buy will offer a D2D like Vudu? I could easily see them doing this also...
    "Live to Win!"

Thanks for the info guys. This seems very promising.

I need to check my Apple TV to see if it has Cinema Now. I doubt it but I would be so amazing to get to view UV movies on my Apple TV someday.

Contacting support via Live Chat to see if I can get any answers
    "Live to Win!"

Thread Information