Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

So was this service any good before they integrated UV?

Comment

I think part of the issue is that they hadn't foreseen that there are users with large UV libraries. For example, I'd say probably your average user before UV with any of the video-on-demand sites probably had an average of maybe 10 films (I could be underestimating or overestimating but this is just a guess). I never even bothered with these services until UV came around.

In my UV locker, I have over 250 titles available and this is quite a large library. Others I'm sure have a larger library. Problem is that I don't think CinemaNow had predicted or even developed there system well enough to handle a user with a large library! So now there in the process of trying to fix it.. I'm sure this will all be resolved in time but I think it's probably going to take a while before it is fixed..

Just my thoughts on this... And yes, my library doesn't ever load via the website. I haven't had much luck using a device either...

Comment

I just got an email from CN saying that they are doing an update early next week to fix the issue of the large UV libraries not loading.
        Last edited by johnmccann1976; 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM. Reason: misspelling lol

Comment

Originally posted by johnmccann1976 View Post
          I just got an email from CN saying that they are doing an update early next week to fix the issue of the large UV libraries not loading.
          That's great news! I never even bothered to open a ticket or contact support because I thought others had and they were still working the kinks out...

Comment

I still have 3 movies that had UV logo on them when I put them in my cart and have not been added to my UV locker. Customer service says that not all movies would be added because of contract with the studios. I thought that was the point of UV so that retailers didn't have to deal with contracts. So why did I give them my money?

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
              I still have 3 movies that had UV logo on them when I put them in my cart and have not been added to my UV locker. Customer service says that not all movies would be added because of contract with the studios. I thought that was the point of UV so that retailers didn't have to deal with contracts. So why did I give them my money?
              That makes no sense to me. If it has the UV logo it is UV and should go into the locker. I think that some of the lower tier customer service reps just give people lip service instead of dealing with the issue or escalating the call. I can understand maybe it not being able to show up on Vudu for that reason but it should still be in your UV locker. Have you tried contacting UV?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
                That's great news! I never even bothered to open a ticket or contact support because I thought others had and they were still working the kinks out...
                This was their response to my ticket:

Dear John,

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We are actively working out some of the bugs related to UV and do appreciate your patience with these issues.

We currently are having a issue with Sony bluray and TVs showing UV titles through the CN app. There is no ETA on a fix yet.

CN on Apple IOS is not supported yet. There is release coming out in the near future for UV support.

For the moment, please continue to verify your titles through your account on the website.

For the "expired rentals", this was a bug that was fixed last week. Since you are still experiencing this issue, can you provide some examples so we can investigate?

As for the titles in the attached picture, were they purchased from Cinemanow as UV titles? Or were they purchased without the UV symbol or prior to UV launching on Cinemanow?

We do have another UV update slated for early next week which should allow for faster load time of larger libraries like yours (website only). My hunch is the website is currently timing out after attempting to load your large library. If this is true then next weeks update should help this, and perhaps display all of your titles.

Comment

I setup a new Sony Network Media Player last night and all I get is the same error with empty icons as my Sony BD Player:

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                    I setup a new Sony Network Media Player last night and all I get is the same error with empty icons as my Sony BD Player:

(I hope you don't mind, I hosted the image on imgur because you have to log in to Blu-ray.com to see yours.)

THIS is what is happening on my Sony Bravia TV!!! Except the icons are circles made up of two semicircular arrows, but it's the same issue, just a different placeholder image!

I actually was able to log into my account and see a couple of movies in my library; the movie poster thumbnails loaded for me, just not the app-generated icons.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                      (I hope you don't mind, I hosted the image on imgur because you have to log in to Blu-ray.com to see yours.)

THIS is what is happening on my Sony Bravia TV!!! Except the icons are circles made up of two semicircular arrows, but it's the same issue, just a different placeholder image!

I actually was able to log into my account and see a couple of movies in my library; the movie poster thumbnails loaded for me, just not the app-generated icons.
                      Thanks for hosting the image. I did not know the image was not loading. I have 2 Sony devices with CN errors. All my support emails come back with the usual "unlink/relink you devices" or "power cycle you player" or "check your internet connection".

Comment

My latest email response from Sony Support:

"Agent Response:

UltraViolet has a known issues with Sony devices that is being work on please wait 24-48 hours fro this problem to be resolved, apologize for the inconveniences. Have a nice day.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
                        The BestBuy CinemaNow Movies Support Team"

Comment

Something interesting...

I have yet to be able to get my library to load via the web or from my 3D blu-ray player for the past few weeks. Well today I decided to go into my cinemanow account and unlink my UV using the link on the page. To my surprise the library actually loads successfully now on the web page and shows that I have 405 titles. No more wheel of death! There are still tons of duplicates in the library and I won't be able to test the blu-ray player till later tonight. But it's interesting to see that it loaded by just unlinking the account and still showed my titles.

Maybe they have a issue with loading the library if your account is linked because it is trying to check the UV locker..?

Comment

Bought Labyrinth HD on Cinemanow the Rights token they gave me for it was SD this is their respones to my tickect:

Agent Response:
                            Thanks for contacting customer support, to solve this issue please contact UltraViolet support.

Thanks for choosing Cinemanow.

I hope I responded politely enough that they will not become obstinate but there are only so many ways one can express "Uh, I think you just may be mistaken."

Comment

I am still having trouble linking my accounts. I even created a new CinemaNow account after I unlinked my original CinemaNow account via CinemaNow.com and also at uvvu.com

Comment

Originally posted by mike568 View Post
                                I am still having trouble linking my accounts. I even created a new CinemaNow account after I unlinked my original CinemaNow account via CinemaNow.com and also at uvvu.com
                                I am still having problems too. I was told that they are doing an update early next week to fix the problems. I wont hold my breath

Comment

Working...
                                X