Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

So Contacted there support, here is the chat log:

--------------------------------------------------------
    Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Luis.
    Luis: Hello. Thank you very much for contacting Customer Support. May I have your full name, e-mail, device manufacturer and device type?
    Customer: My Name, my@email.com, xbox
    Luis: Thank you very much for this information. How can we assist you?
    Customer: I'm curious about the UltraViolet Linking
    Customer: Just discovered today that you offer linking to my UltraViolet account
    Customer: I'm currently a user mostly through Vudu and Flixster
    Customer: I noticed after linking though that I cannot watch anything that is in my UltraViolet account, is that because it's still a work in progress?
    Luis: Allow me a moment as I pull up your account. Thanks.
    Luis: Thank you for holding
    Luis: How does it work?
    Copyright ?2012 Rovi Corporation. Company confidential.
    When you purchase a UV-enabled Title on CinemaNow:
    ?It becomes part of your UltraViolet locker
    ?You can playback the UltraViolet content on any UltraViolet-enabled retailer or device as long as the retailer has the title in their catalog and the content is compatible on the current device.
    ?You can stream your UltraViolet titles only
    ?You are allowed unlimited streams (but no more than 3 simultaneous streams) For additional information, please visit www.uvvu.com/what-is-uv.php
    Customer: I understand that, thanks, but can we play movies that we have in our locker already through CinemaNow?
    Customer: for example, I have over 175 titles already in my UltraViolet Locker
    Luis: Allow me a moment
    Luis: Thank you very much for holding.
    Luis: Working on your issue.
    Customer: ok
    Luis: Thanks for holding.
    Luis: If a movie they purchased on CinemaNow isn‟t playing on another service through UV, they need to contact that support
    Luis: If a UV title is greyed in their CinemaNow library, that means the UV title was purchased with another UV Service
    Customer: My library is empty though, not showing any titles
    Luis: One moment
    Luis: Thank you for holding , may I know what username youre using to log in to your account?
    Customer: my@email.com
    Customer: It's my best buy account
    Luis: No , your user name is #########@flixster.com there i see 5 pages of movies titles.
    Customer: #########?
    Customer: my flixster.com username is my@email.com also
    Luis: https://canada.cinemanow.com/activate
    Luis: Sorry working on your issue
    Customer: what about that url?
    Customer: ok
    Customer: np
    Luis: Thank you very much for holding. Do you see the movies?
    Customer: where should I be seeing them?
    Customer: wen I go to "My Library" on CinemaNow, I get:
    Customer: WELCOME TO YOUR CINEMANOW LIBRARY

Buy or rent a movie or TV show today and start building your CinemaNow library! The convenience of digital starts here:

Access Your Library On All Your Compatible Devices
    Always the Latest New Release Movies and Next Day TV episodes
    Pay Only For What You Watch
    Watch in Glorious HD on Compatible
    HD Devices
    See List of Compatible Devices

Customer: I have yet to activate a device, and can later today
    Luis: You should be logged with this username #########@flixster.com
    Customer: whats the password for it?
    Customer: im logged into cinemanow with my cinemanow username and password
    Luis: I dont have that information we only able to view the username no password.
    Luis: If you want i'll send you a password reset link
    Luis: to your email my@email.com
    Customer: so I'm supposed to login to CinemaNow via username: #########@flixster.com?
    Luis: Please go to http://www.flixster.com/
    Luis: And sign in.
    Customer: but I already have flixster account and it's my@email.com ....
    Luis: Yes , sign in with this username #########@flixster.com
    Customer: I'll write that down, but that shouldn't be the answer.. just so you know
    Customer: I appreciate you looking into this for me though, it was more out of curiosity, but seems as though CinemaNow has some work left on the implementation part before it's ready
    Luis: We apologize for this inconvenience, also you could go to http://www.uvvu.com/what-is-uv.php
    Luis: For more detail information.
    Customer: Thanks, have a good day!
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    --------------------------------------------------------

So you can see here, I didn't get many answers. But seems as if linking my accounts created me an additional Flixster account? I can't investigate that until I'm home later today and I'll let you know then. But As you saw my conclusion it shouldn't be that way and I can only chalk it up to the fact that it's still being implemented. It could also be that I haven't activated a device yet and I will attempt that later today also. It's not really the tech's fault for not knowing either...
    "Live to Win!"
    www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
    www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
    So you can see here, I didn't get many answers. But seems as if linking my accounts created me an additional Flixster account? I can't investigate that until I'm home later today and I'll let you know then. But As you saw my conclusion it shouldn't be that way and I can only chalk it up to the fact that it's still being implemented. It could also be that I haven't activated a device yet and I will attempt that later today also. It's not really the tech's fault for not knowing either...
    That's strange. Probably just not implemented yet. I have two activated devices, and my library still takes me to the "WELCOME TO YOUR CINEMANOW LIBRARY" page.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
    I didn't have CinemaNow account, but did just the same thing. Logged in via my Best Buy account and noticed that I could link the account to my UV account. So I've linked it but it doesn't seem to let me watch anything in my locker... I'm sure this is still a work in progress but great to see!

Edit: Also I noticed that under my UV account on the linking page. CinemaNow is not listed in addition to my other services. However, a new link which is just Rovi looks new. Which CinemaNow is powered by Rovi so this makes sense. I wonder if Best Buy will offer a D2D like Vudu? I could easily see them doing this also...
    Rovi is a link service that shows up with Flixster linking on uvvu.com. So based on your chat it seems that there may be a partnership with CinemaNow and flixster which means not all UV titles will be playable.
    D2D Wishlist: X2 - Pearl Harbor - 007 Series, Spartacus Season 1
    UV Redemption Sheet
    D2D List by FattyMoBookyButt

I did receive some emails after from CinemaNow that seemed to indicate to take the #########@flixster.com and try logging into CinemaNow with it. But I cannot confirm that yet until I'm home later today.
    "Live to Win!"

I just looked through their catalog, and found many titles that have the UV logo. This is a good sign, and I hope they get the linking fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by echopulse View Post
    I just looked through their catalog, and found many titles that have the UV logo. This is a good sign, and I hope they get the linking fixed.
    I talked to someone who said he got his movies to show up in his CN library after creating new account and linking. He said they showed up as "expired rentals", but still had button to play them.

I did a live chat with a different CN rep who escalated my issue to "higher technical support" who will email be back in the next day or so.

Looking forward to any info you can provide!
    "Live to Win!"

I just bought a cheap gift card on eBay. I'll test what happens when you buy a uv movie from them when I get home tonight. Hopefully it's a smooth process. Anyone know if they limit promo codes like vudu does?

I thin this was the service that gave a bunch of free movies away in the past. Too bad I missed out on them. I didnt bother since I figured I'd never use the service.

So maybe it is working a little better than I thought. While my UV movies still don't show up on My Library for their website or their PC client, it does show up on my CinemaNow apps for my PS3 and LG Smart TV. My LG was showing them twice if i went back and forth a lot. It also shows them in the "Unavailable" section, but you can still click on them and play them. One unfortunate thing is it looks like they're matching them all to SD versions even if HD version is available. And a fair number of my UV movies weren't there and TV shows aren't UV yet, But it's a start and that should be fixed eventually.

I would love to test their Android app, but the app doesn't let you login with BestBuy.com credentials (most of their apps were bad about this at one time but you could get around it).

EDIT: And they finally showed up in My Library in CinemaNow.com

To anyone that is interested....I'm glad this thread exists......By far VUDU is the HD leader in it's caetgory, IMO.....Nevertheless I tried an experiment with CinemaNow.....I have an account with them and can access their service via my WD Live Hub....I have downloaded a couple of SD movies to it and they're just ok.....But, the kicker of my experiment was to see if I could change the download location to my NAS, something I think CFF would allow......In the CinemaNow UI, I was able to change the download location to my network share, so I purchased, then downloaded the latest Spiderman movie in HD(looks like it may be 720P),did not look anywhere as good as VUDU HDX ......Sure enough, I was able to download it directly to my network share and into the Media Library of my Hub.......I did not even have to go into the CinemaNow UI in order to view it either, I could play it right from the Media Library......

This surprised me.........this may change, I don't know, but I got a glimpse of what UV can do.....If it is, I have 25TB of space just waiting.....

Thread Information