Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CinemaNow & Ultraviolet Link - When?

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
    Mine showed up on my PS3 and LG Smart TV. They get marked all Unavailable on those but still watchable for me.
    It took a few times of clicking ok and it telling me that it wasn't available to play and then it started working.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
      I see where the problem is with these movies not showing in UV. They have UV symbols on them on the CN page, but if you add them to your cart the cart does not reflect them as UV. I added a bunch of the sale movies to my cart and some (Mr and Mrs Smith, The Transporter, etc...) don't show as UV in the cart while others (Fletch, Uncle Buck, Bridge on the River Kwai) do. It doesn't matter is SD or HD are added to the cart. The symbol doesn't show in the cart. Hopefully they fix this soon. I'd like to watch some of these movies I bought, but CN still won't show me my library.
      I am having the same problem dude. I do not think that they are going to say only SD are ultraviolet that would not make any sense because once the studio has added that movie to their UV catalog it really would not matter what format it is. I think that they are just working out the bugs. I think there official roll-out of UV for CN is when the new Batman movie gets released. I am sure it will be fine but it is frustrating but hey we got some good deals. Vudu will not price match and I was really disappointed when they told me that they would not even give me refund of the difference for a movie I bought, within 24 hours after buying the price dropped 5 bucks and it was 9 bucks cheaper on CN. I have spent a lot of money on Vudu I have a little over 600 movies so to not even give me a refund of the difference of a movie that I had just purchased the night before the movie went on sale is really not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmccann1976 View Post
        I am having the same problem dude. I do not think that they are going to say only SD are ultraviolet that would not make any sense because once the studio has added that movie to their UV catalog it really would not matter what format it is. I think that they are just working out the bugs. I think there official roll-out of UV for CN is when the new Batman movie gets released. I am sure it will be fine but it is frustrating but hey we got some good deals. Vudu will not price match and I was really disappointed when they told me that they would not even give me refund of the difference for a movie I bought, within 24 hours after buying the price dropped 5 bucks and it was 9 bucks cheaper on CN. I have spent a lot of money on Vudu I have a little over 600 movies so to not even give me a refund of the difference of a movie that I had just purchased the night before the movie went on sale is really not cool.
        I think it's just first week bugs in their system. Anyone who was here when Vudu first linked to Ultraviolet will remember it wasn't a perfect transition with missing movies and libraries not showing up (plus the Walmart D2D fiasco). I really like Vudu and hope this makes them a little more competitive. They have a much better selection here, but I just can't see myself paying the prices they charge for some movies. Plus, CN does giftcards, whereas Vudu does not.

Comment

I just tried calling Customer Support for CN and they can't even find my user information so yeah probably going to be a little bit before the bugs are all worked out.

I don't see how hard it would be for Vudu to implement taking Gift Card say from Wal-mart as a form of payment. Maybe now that CN is on the scene this change on Vudu might happen

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
            One question I have with this is, is this "Rental Expired" message affecting them showing up on your playable device?

I have my UVVU account linked in my CN account but when I log on my Sony Blu-ray player and go to my library none of the movies show up?
            Do you have a BDP-S580 like me? I believe Sony BD players need a firmware update. I posted this on bluray.com S580 owners thread yesterday:

Originally posted by E55 KEV
            Anyone tried the CinemaNow (CN) app since they went Ultraviolet (UV) 2 days ago? All I get is empty icons. My LG device with CN works fine and all my UV movies load. I have current firmware from 8/8/12. If u also have errors please send a support ticket to Sony as I did. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
              Do you have a BDP-S580 like me? I believe Sony BD players need a firmware update. I posted this on bluray.com S580 owners thread yesterday:
              I have the BDP-BX57

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                I have the BDP-BX57
                Cool. That's a 2010 Costco/Sams Club model. My BDP-S580 is a 2011 model. Get this - I had to send Sony support a bunch of emails this year because the CN app did not work on any 2011 BD Players. CN worked fine on 2010 models like yours but strangely it did not work on 2011 BD Players nor PS3 until very late in the year.

Please send a support ticket to Sony so we can get this resolved asap. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                  Cool. That's a 2010 Costco/Sams Club model. My BDP-S580 is a 2011 model. Get this - I had to send Sony support a bunch of emails this year because the CN app did not work on any 2011 BD Players. CN worked fine on 2010 models like yours but strangely it did not work on 2011 BD Players nor PS3 until very late in the year.

Please send a support ticket to Sony so we can get this resolved asap. Thanks.
                  You are correct, it was purchased from Sams Club. I'll go looking for an email address to send a support ticket about this.

Comment

Well this sucks. I just checked and all those movies I (and others here) purchased that had UV symbols and did not transfer have now had the UV symbol removed. Hopefully it's just temporary. It's not the end of the world I guess. I'd just like to have my movies under one provider.

Comment

Well this sucks. I just checked and all those movies I (and others here) purchased that had UV symbols and did not transfer have now had the UV symbol removed. Hopefully it's just temporary. It's not the end of the world I guess. I'd just like to have my movies under one provider.
                      I think what is going on is that the SD copies had the UV script but not the HD... I do not yet know if that is a tecnical oversite or if they are not yet able to sell the UV rights for those films in HD... but I am in the same boat on 7 films... I already filed a ticket... which was kind of funny... it said some one would respond with in 24 hours... someone did... but only to say they were re-assigning the ticket and some one would respond within 72 hours

Comment

I can reproduce what was talked about earlier by logging out of my account and searching for one of the same movies I bought and it shows up with UVVU icon but then when I log into my account it's not showing up so I'm guessing that it really isn't / wasn't UVVU.
                        I've submitted a ticket to see if they would issue a refund and take the movie out.

Comment

Originally posted by NWRushing View Post
                          I think what is going on is that the SD copies had the UV script but not the HD... I do not yet know if that is a tecnical oversite or if they are not yet able to sell the UV rights for those films in HD... but I am in the same boat on 7 films... I already filed a ticket... which was kind of funny... it said some one would respond with in 24 hours... someone did... but only to say they were re-assigning the ticket and some one would respond within 72 hours
                          I checked that and both were removed. Sd and hd. There's not even a symbol on the movies pages anymore. I checked yesterday too and even though they had the uv symbol it did not show in the cart regardless of hd or sd. One of my missing movies is sd only. Changeling.

Comment

I checked that and both were removed. Sd and hd. There's not even a symbol on the movies pages anymore. I checked yesterday too and even though they had the uv symbol it did not show in the cart regardless of hd or sd. One of my missing movies is sd only. Changeling.
                            Log out of your cinemanow account and then check the film again. The UV symbol will be back.

Comment

This movie shows with the UVVU icon up when searched for but it's not. It's one that I bought with about 4 other movies the ones that kept the UVVU icon after purchase have already rolled over and shown up in my Vudu account.

Comment

Originally posted by NWRushing View Post
                                Log out of your cinemanow account and then check the film again. The UV symbol will be back.
                                This is true

Comment

Working...
                                X