Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

3D UV Amazing Spiderman?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3D UV Amazing Spiderman?????

Has anyone redeemed the 3D UV code for Amazing Spiderman thru Vudu lately? If you redeem it through the 3D version page, does it give you the 3D, 2D HDX or both? I know I got both versions of Hotel Transylvania when I redeemed the 3D code a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by digihed View Post
      Has anyone redeemed the 3D UV code for Amazing Spiderman thru Vudu lately? If you redeem it through the 3D version page, does it give you the 3D, 2D HDX or both? I know I got both versions of Hotel Transylvania when I redeemed the 3D code a couple months ago.
      I did mine back on June 15th and only got the HDX version. From various conversations with VUDU and Sony, I found out that the inclusion of a 3D version is dependent on the Studio. Since VUDU has started supporting 3D movies, Sony has always opted to include 3D codes. This should include Hotel Transylvania, The Amazing Spiderman, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Underworld: Awaking. However, you have to redeem through VUDU, not directly through Sony. The only things Sony can do for you is to validate your code is a 3D code for the 3D side. If you don't want the 3D version, you can redeem the 2D HDX version directly through Sony.

I have a support ticket open to get my 3D versions for Spiderman and Underworld, but I haven't heard anything back in the last couple of days. I can confirm that redeeming my code at VUDU for both Hotel Transylvania and Resident Evil resulted in both HDX and 3D versions.

Comment

Originally posted by saber View Post
        I did mine back on June 15th and only got the HDX version. From various conversations with VUDU and Sony, I found out that the inclusion of a 3D version is dependent on the Studio. Since VUDU has started supporting 3D movies, Sony has always opted to include 3D codes. This should include Hotel Transylvania, The Amazing Spiderman, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Underworld: Awaking. However, you have to redeem through VUDU, not directly through Sony. The only things Sony can do for you is to validate your code is a 3D code for the 3D side. If you don't want the 3D version, you can redeem the 2D HDX version directly through Sony.

I have a support ticket open to get my 3D versions for Spiderman and Underworld, but I haven't heard anything back in the last couple of days. I can confirm that redeeming my code at VUDU for both Hotel Transylvania and Resident Evil resulted in both HDX and 3D versions.

Hello Saber,

I grabbed your support case and sent you a response. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Comment

I had the exact same experience. I redeemed 3D copies of Hugo, Men in Black 3 and The Amazing Spiderman earlier this month and all redeemed only in HDX. I contacted support and got the same line about dependent on the studio, which is fine since Hugo doesn't even have a 3D offering... but the other two movies (Men in Black 3 and The Amazing Spiderman) show the option to redeem in 3D. Unfortunately, both of them redeemed in standard HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnkyKong View Post
            I had the exact same experience. I redeemed 3D copies of Hugo, Men in Black 3 and The Amazing Spiderman earlier this month and all redeemed only in HDX. I contacted support and got the same line about dependent on the studio, which is fine since Hugo doesn't even have a 3D offering... but the other two movies (Men in Black 3 and The Amazing Spiderman) show the option to redeem in 3D. Unfortunately, both of them redeemed in standard HDX.
            Would you happen to have the case number for that ticket? I could take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
              Would you happen to have the case number for that ticket? I could take a look.
              130917-000533 - I'm not sure how much it will help. I'm not even sure if I redeemed it directly through sony or directly through vudu at this point. I figured support would just take a look at the redemption and fix it from there, without extra hoops. Not to mention that I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to throwing away slips of paper that serve no purpose once used?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnkyKong View Post
                130917-000533 - I'm not sure how much it will help. I'm not even sure if I redeemed it directly through sony or directly through vudu at this point. I figured support would just take a look at the redemption and fix it from there, without extra hoops. Not to mention that I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to throwing away slips of paper that serve no purpose once used?
                Hello,

I have updated your case. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Comment

I've been reading these forums and this is the first I had ever seen about redeeming in 3D on VUDU. I buy 3D Blu-rays whenever available. Based on what I read in this forum, I believe i have 5 titles that were 3D redeemable, even though I had no idea that was possible. The titles are The Amazing Spider-Man, Hotel Transylvania, Men in Black 3, Resident Evil Retribution and Underworld Awakening. I tried re-entering my codes on the 3D redemption pages, but got the error they were invalid (guessing that's because I had redeemed them and only gotten the 2D HDX version). I guess I have 2 questions. First, is there any way to still receive the 3D versions on VUDU? I opened a support ticket and was referred to the forums (130926-000676). Also, in the event a 3D title is eligible through VUDU in the future, will it only redeem the 3D version or will I also get the 2D version for use on my mobile devices and other, non-3D TVs?

Comment

Originally posted by scottmcasey View Post
                    I've been reading these forums and this is the first I had ever seen about redeeming in 3D on VUDU. I buy 3D Blu-rays whenever available. Based on what I read in this forum, I believe i have 5 titles that were 3D redeemable, even though I had no idea that was possible. The titles are The Amazing Spider-Man, Hotel Transylvania, Men in Black 3, Resident Evil Retribution and Underworld Awakening. I tried re-entering my codes on the 3D redemption pages, but got the error they were invalid (guessing that's because I had redeemed them and only gotten the 2D HDX version). I guess I have 2 questions. First, is there any way to still receive the 3D versions on VUDU? I opened a support ticket and was referred to the forums (130926-000676). Also, in the event a 3D title is eligible through VUDU in the future, will it only redeem the 3D version or will I also get the 2D version for use on my mobile devices and other, non-3D TVs?
                    It looks like you redeemed each one of these on another service, as each movie is imported from your UV account. You may want to reach out to the studio to see if they can help with providing a code for the 3D versions.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmcasey View Post
                      Correction: though Sony support thought that redeeming Underworld: Awakening 3D on VUDU should result in both the HDX and 3D version, from talking to VUDU support, it seems that Sony didn't opt for it after all. The list of titles that should redeem both 3D and HDX versions is just the other 4 titles so far:

- The Amazing Spider-Man (3D)
                      - Resident Evil Retribution (3D)
                      - Hotel Transylvania (3D)
                      - Men in Black 3 (3D)

It seems to match up with what you'll find by just entering in 3D in the redemption search box. The redemption search box might be good a way to find newer titles in the future before you buy them and also check what 3D versions might have became available after you've already redeemed the HDX versions. Hope that helps!

@Dan - Thanks again for all the help fixing the problems and getting a clearer understanding of the availability.

Comment

The code I was given by Sony for the 3D version of Men in Black 3 is coming back as "invalid" from Vudu. Stranger yet is that you can choose the 3D version on the "Redeem Ultraviolet Copy" page but when doing a search at the Vudu site, the 3D version of Men in Black 3 doesn't come up? Hmmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                          The code I was given by Sony for the 3D version of Men in Black 3 is coming back as "invalid" from Vudu. Stranger yet is that you can choose the 3D version on the "Redeem Ultraviolet Copy" page but when doing a search at the Vudu site, the 3D version of Men in Black 3 doesn't come up? Hmmmm?
                          I was able to search for the MIB3 3D redemption page at http://www.vudu.com/ecopy.html.

http://www.vudu.com/redeemecopy.html?eccid=383991

If you have an invalid code, please send me a PM with the info. I'll try to help!

Comment

I thought vudu never got men in black 3 in 3d and that's why the codes did not work. That's what vudu cs told me anyway when my code redeemed non 3d.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                              I thought vudu never got men in black 3 in 3d and that's why the codes did not work. That's what vudu cs told me anyway when my code redeemed non 3d.
                              Hi Madmod,

The Sony codes for MIB3 will always redeem in 2D. This is because the 3D version isn't available for UV.

Comment

Correction: though Sony support thought that redeeming Underworld: Awakening 3D on VUDU should result in both the HDX and 3D version, from talking to VUDU support, it seems that Sony didn't opt for it after all. The list of titles that should redeem both 3D and HDX versions is just the other 4 titles so far:

- The Amazing Spider-Man (3D)
                                - Resident Evil Retribution (3D)
                                - Hotel Transylvania (3D)
                                - Men in Black 3 (3D)

It seems to match up with what you'll find by just entering in 3D in the redemption search box. The redemption search box might be good a way to find newer titles in the future before you buy them and also check what 3D versions might have became available after you've already redeemed the HDX versions. Hope that helps!

@Dan - Thanks again for all the help fixing the problems and getting a clearer understanding of the availability.
                                Interesting... I contacted sony support about getting codes for Amazing Spiderman and MIB3 (granted vudu doesn't have it now, but may in the future) but I got the following response:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products.

Due to the relatively low amount of 3D players that can play 3D movies these 3D copies of your movies came with an HD Ultraviolet copy.

I do apologize for the confusion.

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to contact us."

I'm going to respond to see why we didn't get both (3d and HD) but did anyone else get this, or who did they go through to get the 3d copy of the movie?

Comment

Working...
                                X