Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Angry Download Location

    I recently purchased two movies from Vudu for download; however, after almost 1/2 hour of searching my computer AND external hard disks, I cannot find the movies. So where are they?? The website give absolutely NO information and is of NO help. Can anyone shed some light? I'm a simple guy that like simple solutions to simple problems. This is AGGRAVATING!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Download Location

    I believe downloading is only valid for devices that support it like Boxee. Fortunately, Boxee offers a software version that you can install on your Windows PC and that should do what you need.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Download Location

    This is pretty much what I was looking for in this thread: http://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?t=63431
    [command INSERTWITTYQUIP failed: insufficient wit]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by jumperwd View Post
    I recently purchased two movies from Vudu for download; however, after almost 1/2 hour of searching my computer AND external hard disks, I cannot find the movies. So where are they?? The website give absolutely NO information and is of NO help. Can anyone shed some light? I'm a simple guy that like simple solutions to simple problems. This is AGGRAVATING!!
    Depending on your OS, the location will be different.
    For windows, it is at:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\com.vudu.air .Downloader\Local Store
    or %USERDATA%\com.vudu.air.Downloader\Local Store

    LLN
    Last edited by LocN; 11-28-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: adding initial

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by AYColumbia View Post
    I believe downloading is only valid for devices that support it like Boxee. Fortunately, Boxee offers a software version that you can install on your Windows PC and that should do what you need.
    Boxee does not have download the purchases and offline playback.

    LLN

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by LocN View Post
    Boxee does not have download the purchases and offline playback.

    LLN
    Hmmm, how does the Buy option work then? Vudu within Boxee does offer the Buy option. I would think that would download the movie?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by AYColumbia View Post
    Hmmm, how does the Buy option work then? Vudu within Boxee does offer the Buy option. I would think that would download the movie?
    The buy option in Boxee is for unlimited streaming and not download with offline playback.

    LLN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by LocN View Post
    The buy option in Boxee is for unlimited streaming and not download with offline playback.

    LLN
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Download Location

    Quote Originally Posted by LocN View Post
    Depending on your OS, the location will be different.
    For windows, it is at:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\com.vudu.air .Downloader\Local Store
    or %USERDATA%\com.vudu.air.Downloader\Local Store

    LLN
    Thanks, Loc...where might the data be found on OSX?
    [command INSERTWITTYQUIP failed: insufficient wit]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Download Location

    On the Mac you can find the files under:
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.vudu.air.Downloader/Local Store
    But please note: on any platform, if you change files or directories in this location, things will stop working.
    Hagen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get Social Visit VUDU on Youtube