Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Updated: Vudu comes to Android phones and tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Updated: Vudu comes to Android phones and tablets

Hmmm... I have a Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0 inch) and the VUDU app which used to work in March doesn't work anymore. WHAT HAPPENED??? I've invested too much money in movies for this to happen. Please advise! This is happening on both my devices (both Tab 3), so it isn't my device. What should I do? Please fix!!! Just reinstalled and that didn't fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JMClemens View Post
      Hmmm... I have a Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0 inch) and the VUDU app which used to work in March doesn't work anymore. WHAT HAPPENED??? I've invested too much money in movies for this to happen. Please advise! This is happening on both my devices (both Tab 3), so it isn't my device. What should I do? Please fix!!! Just reinstalled and that didn't fix the problem.
      Are you encountering an error message? Are both Tab 3's connected to the same network? I'd like to help, but i'll need more details in order to do so.

Comment

Just purchased a new LG G3 phone and was dismayed to find the Play store indicates my device is not compatible with the VUDU app... It worked fine on my Galaxy Nexus, and I was really looking forward to enjoying my movies on the G3's excellent screen... Is VUDU working on a fix or work around? Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Vudu comes to Android phones and tablets Sony Xperia Z3

I just received a Sony Xperia Z3 cell phone and when I search the Play Store there is no app for vudu, I am stumped? I have it on my Samsung Note 3.
          Whats going on, Is it disabled now due to competing Sony store and Google play?

Comment

Seems like the help and assistance part of these forums has gone stagnant. All I see are people reporting various broken software issues or HD hdx unavailability concerns and those concerns just go unanswered. Is vudu listening anymore? Love what vudu does, and I would hate to find the next best way to get my UV media, but someone's going to have a better mousetrap to fill the gap if vudu doesn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gqneon View Post
              Seems like the help and assistance part of these forums has gone stagnant. All I see are people reporting various broken software issues or HD hdx unavailability concerns and those concerns just go unanswered. Is vudu listening anymore? Love what vudu does, and I would hate to find the next best way to get my UV media, but someone's going to have a better mousetrap to fill the gap if vudu doesn't do it.
              We do listen. We just don't talk about our plan or release.

At the moment we know our app has issues with Lolipop and are working on it.

LLN

Comment

From a customer facing point of view, it is definitely a strategy to internally recognize a problem that impacts your customers and actively not engage customers or address their concerns when they are brought to your attention. I'm going to assume you are not a voice of management for Vudu, and if I'm mistaken, I'm even more flabbergasted as to why you would both take that stance and then make such a post about choosing to keep impacted customers in the dark. Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by gqneon View Post
                  From a customer facing point of view, it is definitely a strategy to internally recognize a problem that impacts your customers and actively not engage customers or address their concerns when they are brought to your attention. I'm going to assume you are not a voice of management for Vudu, and if I'm mistaken, I'm even more flabbergasted as to why you would both take that stance and then make such a post about choosing to keep impacted customers in the dark. Interesting...
                  Loc does work for VUDU, it's in his user profile for this forum, and shows up below his name on his posts.

I'm not sure what you exactly you expect from VUDU, timesheets of the software engineers who are working on this problem? They said they are aware of it and are working on it, but until they have a solution AND have been able to test it sufficiently to know that it won't break the app in other ways (for example, for those who are still on KitKat or earlier), giving out information generally only raises peoples' hopes and expectations and lead them to demand why VUDU didn't meet that earlier guesstimate, or why it's taking so long, which is what they're getting now anyway.

I'm not saying that it's not frustrating, and I'm not being nasty or just rhetorical when asking what you expect. Really, what company (besides open source projects) gives any kind of timeline or update regarding unreleased software? Most do not say anything more than "a new version is in the works" or, at most, "should be released next quarter", for the reasons I mentioned.

Comment

is downloading movies to sd card working? going on vacation and wanted to do it on my Note 3 next week.

the HDX thing will take some time because most of these android phone screens aren't real HD, including my Note 3. they use software tricks to give you higher paper specs. i don't think the screens natively support those kind of resolutions

Comment

App needs to be updated to be compatible with Android TV.

Comment

Originally posted by anon_coward View Post
                        is downloading movies to sd card working? going on vacation and wanted to do it on my Note 3 next week.

the HDX thing will take some time because most of these android phone screens aren't real HD, including my Note 3. they use software tricks to give you higher paper specs. i don't think the screens natively support those kind of resolutions
                        lol no, note 3 is a 1080p screen.
                        try using youtube, you can see the diff between 1080p and 720p, and 1080p vs 480p is night and day.

let see if we can do vudu hdx on android when others have 4k streaming

Comment

I have a 4g LTE motorola xoom tablet from Verizon. I know that it is older but it still works good for what I used. I however recently had to restore it to factory settings and now I can not get VUDU back on my tablet. Extremely frustrated because I can not get to movies and service that I paid for. I called into customer support and they were no help at all. They only said that the could send the engineers an email and there was no way to open a trouble ticket or get someone to contact me back to help resolve the issue. It really felt more like a blow off to me. I am getting extremely frustrated and would like some help. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xoomuser View Post
                            I have a 4g LTE motorola xoom tablet from Verizon. I know that it is older but it still works good for what I used. I however recently had to restore it to factory settings and now I can not get VUDU back on my tablet. Extremely frustrated because I can not get to movies and service that I paid for. I called into customer support and they were no help at all. They only said that the could send the engineers an email and there was no way to open a trouble ticket or get someone to contact me back to help resolve the issue. It really felt more like a blow off to me. I am getting extremely frustrated and would like some help. Thanks!
                            Well, what happens when you try to install it? And you're running Jelly Bean (Android 4.1), correct? Does anyone know if the current Android Vudu app still supports Jelly Bean?

If you're just looking to stream from your tablet, maybe you can still do that through a browser until we figure this out. Or are you looking to download content to watch later?
                            Last edited by MaxH; 10-26-2015, 10:26 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

It appears that the Motorola Xoom is simply too old to support the appropriate OS version needed to run the latest Vudu Android app. From what I was able to gather from a quick internet search, the Xoom last upgrade was to v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You need at least v4.3 (Jellybean) to run the latest app among other requirements.

Comment

Vudu has horrible support. Dropping support for a tablet that is only 3 years old? What child is making those decisions over there, or is it the accountant? Take their money, then save money by shutting them out of any viewing. Constant awful experience with Vudu. First my phone can't install/update/play the Vudu app after already being installed, now my tablets. I'm extremely disappointed and just dropped a lot of money on movies yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X