Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
    I can't believe they responded to you I have 8 tickets starting from dec 23rd they have not fixed, answered or told me it had been escalated only to see it wasn't then 3 phone calls over several days later they still haven't done anything. I feel completely ripped off by them.
    Wow thats crazy. I was kind of surprised that I got some many quick responses to all my contacts given what everyone has been saying. I did explain to them that I had hundreds of blurays I wanted to do and that I could do it at wal-mart no problem and for less given that blu-rays with CN cost as much as DVD. I wanted to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue before they lost a huge chunk of change. That MAY have been a contributing factor.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
      It wasn't a CN error. UVVU added Paranorman to my UV locker 7 times. I placed a support ticket.
      UVVU is telling me I must live with 7 copies of Paranorman in my locker. UVVU support tells me they can't add or remove titles from my locker.

"Hi there,

I would like to apologize for the issues you're encountering.

Unfortunately, UltraViolet has no way of adding or removing content from your account.

We are only a repository for your digital rights, meaning we only hold your content rights within our site.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on a solution for this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process,

Jessica C.
      UltraViolet Customer Care
      http://www.uvvu.com"

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
        UVVU is telling me I must live with 7 copies of Paranorman in my locker. UVVU support tells me they can't add or remove titles from my locker.

"Hi there,

I would like to apologize for the issues you're encountering.

Unfortunately, UltraViolet has no way of adding or removing content from your account.

We are only a repository for your digital rights, meaning we only hold your content rights within our site.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on a solution for this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process,

Jessica C.
        UltraViolet Customer Care
        http://www.uvvu.com"
        That's pretty crazy but I have the same issue. Depending on where I'm viewing though (Flixster, Flixster Collections, CinemaNow, Vudu, etc) and on which device (iPhone, iPad, Panasonic BluRay, Sony BluRay, Mac Computer, etc) I see more or less duplicates of the same title.

In some cases I see all duplicates, in others only the different qualities (duplicates of same quality combined), where still others it combines all duplicates of the same title (be they SD, HD, or HDX).

In ALL cases I personally have experienced though different versions (theatrical, unrated, directors, etc) are NEVER combined.

UV just maintains the copies. It's seems to be up to the company doing the streaming app to determine how they present the copies to you.

Comment

I've lost my HDX rights to CONTAGION in Vudu, which I had for a week or so after converting the DVD to HD thru CinemaNow.

I have two entries for CONTAGION in my UV locker, one from an early Flixster redemption and this second one from CinemaNow.

CinemaNow has JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM on their Disc-to-Digital list but I can't convert it to HD because it's not activated in CinemaNow's system.

I actually have two entries for JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM in my UV locker, one of them grants me HD rights but I can't get anyone at Vudu to recognize my HD rights.

Meanwhile, I can watch both movies in HD on my PS3 and LG DVD player using CinemaNow's clunky interface...

I've created work orders for both with Vudu, with screenshots from my UV locker, and they just keep closing my work orders.

Comment

Blu-ray is not currently supported for Disc To Digital Conversion. There are a handful of test titles that have an offer associated with them (like maybe 4). All other Blu-ray discs will show the metadata for the title but will not present an offer.

All DVDs are $2 for SD and $5 for HD despite what the support site says.

Comment

Originally posted by D2DGUY View Post
              Blu-ray is not currently supported for Disc To Digital Conversion. There are a handful of test titles that have an offer associated with them (like maybe 4). All other Blu-ray discs will show the metadata for the title but will not present an offer.

All DVDs are $2 for SD and $5 for HD despite what the support site says.
              Well this needs to change or else you guys will continue to play second fiddle to Vudu. The vast majority of my collection is Blu-ray therefore your service is near worthless to me. I can upgrade some of my titles from the combo DVD for $5 but only if its not on Vudu as it would only be $2.

Comment

In my experiences with Cinemanow customer support, the troubleshooter varies depending on the CSR. I have performed about 25 conversions via their system attempting about 45. I would have loved to use Vudu but I got fed up with waiting for their home service. Using the Vudu service in the store has become an odd combination of Machiavellian and Kafkaesque.

In using the Cinemanow software, I noticed a few problematic issues.

1) Some of the titles listed available for D2D will not provide the option for HD. I have no interest in SD so I had to pass on those.

2) Occasionally, a title will list as HD but after the $5 is paid for the upgrade, only an SD license will be issued. A Scanner Darkly, a movie that needs to be watched in HD, is one example. There were a couple of others.

3) Some titles listed as available for D2D conversion are not recognized. I have a ticket about Quick Change that remains unresolved for this reason.

4) Several titles list as UV yet when the upgrade is performed, the UV symbol is not listed and the file never propagates to my UV library. This is the issue that has given me the most trouble to date.

I have a handful of titles that have had tickets for 10+ days now for this reason. On a couple of them, I was offered an apology code to download another title. I consider this solid customer service and an equitable solution. On several others, nothing has been done yet and I am in bureaucratic Hell trying to resolve the issue. I mentioned a couple of boards ago that nagging can lead to positive results. This is definitely true at times but it is not a foolproof strategy.

Out of 18 tickets I initially listed, 7 remain unresolved.

Comment

I put in a work order with CinemaNow for JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM as it's listed on their Disc-to-Digital list but according to their software, the title is not available for conversion.

The next day, they close my work order and the person who closed it asks me if I'm having the problem only with JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM or any title I try to convert.

Seriously?? I call shenanigans on this one. Somebody closed this work order up so they could get credit for closing a work order.

It would take just a few seconds for this person to see I have titles in my CinemaNow library and that was not why I created a work order in the first place.

The irony is that I have HD rights to this title in my UV locker and since I can't get Vudu to recognize this, I can only watch JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM in HD using CinemaNow's clunky application on my LG BD player.

Comment

If you want to talk to someone that speaks English call after 10 pm est. Otherwise I got told you get some other place. I called the other day and they couldn't even bring up my account. 3 of them tried to bring it up and they said it never loaded. They were able to pull up other accounts but mine kept timing out. I have so many escalations without any resolution its quite funny. However, the guy gave me some codes for an issue he has never seen and for now i'm satisfied with the codes. I just wish it wouldn't take 30 days to get to that point.

I have well over 600 movies and we both agreed that my library was probably the reason why it wasn't loading. I still can't get my library to load on my pc, it will load on my xbox thou which is weird.

So my advice is to call after 10 and you will only get tier 1 people but you will get someone that might understand the issue.

Comment

I'm completely mystified by the responses I get from some of these support people... It's like they don't take more than 5 seconds to READ what's in a work order before they move to close it.

I put in a work order to inform them that JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM was listed on their Disc-to-Digital list but their software does recognize that it's enabled for conversion and says it's not available for conversion. So far, I've had at least two responses to this work order...

The first response is to update their software and the agent is asking me if I've had any problems converting any other titles. What?!

The second response is asking me what operating system I'm using and what web browser I'm using, information I INCLUDED when I created the work order in their system... and not at all related to the reason I created the work order in the first place.

Comment

I told them they sold me a movie on d2d IN HD that wasn't sold on their site (only sd) and that is why I didn't get it and they asked me to test my download speed. That is why I call after 10pm est.

Comment

I just got this canned response for my CinemaNow work order...

<<

Agent Response:
                          We understand your frustration and apreciate the interest in our product, we ask
                          these questions to determain the source of the issue and make sure you dont have
                          the problem again.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
                          The BestBuy CinemaNow Movies Support Team

** Please note this is an automatic email response that cannot be replied to.**

>>

Once again, absolutely nothing related to the issue I reported to them. And I'm being generous when I use the word 'canned' here because whoever responded here can't even SPELL.

Comment

Since VUDU home d2d is not yet compatible with mac, I have to resort to Cinemanows home d2d. Im having a problem where every movie I put in says not currently available for d2d at this time but they are on the list. Not one movie has worked so far. I hope mac support for VUDU comes sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by SoFlo Bison View Post
                              Since VUDU home d2d is not yet compatible with mac, I have to resort to Cinemanows home d2d. Im having a problem where every movie I put in says not currently available for d2d at this time but they are on the list. Not one movie has worked so far. I hope mac support for VUDU comes sooner than later.
                              I've had that problem a number of times and surprisingly, many of those titles show up just fine on the Windows version -- I've even had times where CinemaNow offered only SD on the Mac, only to find SD and HD were offered on the PC version!

Comment

Here's my current saga with them. They screwed up a d2d awhile back and they sent me 3 coupon codes for free movies. I had used 2 and was going to use the 3rd on Argo today. I punch in the code and I see my store credit drop. So I call and they say its probably a glitch and they would not refund the credit but they gave me another coupon. I try on another movie and the same thing happens. This time they say its an ipad problem and I need to use a PC. This time they gave me 2 coupons which one was the same as before but they fixed that. So I fired up the PC and punched in the code and it takes more store credit. So I call and am put on hold for 30 minutes, while waiting I tried the chat option and I am told that the issue is resolved, but I explained what happened again and they asked me if I hit the right button. Anyways, now my case as been escalated and I need to wait 3-5 days. Anyways I'll be calling after 8 tonight to talk to someone who can actually help. All I wanted to do today was use my coupon.

Comment

Working...
                                X