Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Vudu HDX Download Devices

Just wanting an update, is the LG 690 with HDD the only newer unit that can download HDX movies? Im still stuck with a crappy internet correction and downloading of HDX is my only way.
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

Default Re: Vudu HDX Download Devices

Quote Originally Posted by elwaylite View Post
    Just wanting an update, is the LG 690 with HDD the only newer unit that can download HDX movies? Im still stuck with a crappy internet correction and downloading of HDX is my only way.
    Are you looking to download rentals or owned movies?
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dhatman View Post
    Are you looking to download rentals or owned movies?
    Donwload full quality HDX only as rental.
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

Donwload full quality HDX only as rental.
    I believe that the LG 590, 690 and the VUDU box are the only devices that allow you to download rentals. The PS3 will allow you to download owned movies.

I don't believe there are any more devices that allow you to download rentals, but i will try and confirm that.
    Dan H.
    VUDU Forum Moderator

Thanks. I had a 690 early in the year and it did well with hdx/dd+ download and playback, just making sure nothing new is on scene.

I'm growing tired if rental mailing roulette.
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

Elway,

I bought the WD Live Hub as a replacement for my VUDU box, it has a 1TB hard disk built in....Unfortunately I found out after the purchase VUDU doesn't support any downloads to it, even though competing services do..(SD for now)....A set-top type box is the only option for me, I don't need another Blu-ray player, and a game console for a HT setup is a non-starter.....The WD would have been the perfect box to download my current HDX purchases with...

I hope they reconsider at some point, I have purchased a few thousand $$ of films with them and would like to continue.....

That would be a great device too.

I see the PS3 now has it, but no need for that in my case. I see Vudu and general Vod becoming more common, just because now Netflix will have 56 day waits and most likely increase pricing again. Also have to wonder what USPS changes do to mailing services.
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

Well, buy em while you can. LG does not have a 2012 model with HDD, so the 690 is "another one bites the dust".
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

That would be a great device too.

I see the PS3 now has it, but no need for that in my case. I see Vudu and general Vod becoming more common, just because now Netflix will have 56 day waits and most likely increase pricing again. Also have to wonder what USPS changes do to mailing services.
    Yeah, trust me, it is a great device, has a ton of different online services, some good, some not so....the video and audio specs are good, my VUDU streams never looked and sounded better....I even get better separation of channels in 5.1........IMO, blows the old VUDU box away....it has a small form factor, darn near disappears in my rack.....

You are also right in that other VOD/ Electronic Sell-Through services are coming on line, not with the visual and aural experience of VUDU, but are there nevertheless.....I've bought and downloaded a couple of movies from them, for now, they are ok, but the Universal studio catalog that is on VUDU to own, a number of them I would buy in a heartbeat if I could download......C'est la vie, I guess......

Im just really shocked their are no more download devices. BX100 just isnt an option because I want DD+ at the least. I guess Ill have to decide between the PS3 and the 690.
    VT50
    Denon 3313ci
    PS3 Super Slim 250gb
    Klipsch Speakers
    HSU sub

Thread Information