Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

PS3 buffering despite good speed test

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 buffering despite good speed test

I have been able to stream in HDX on my PS3 with no problem until recently. I pass the VUDU speed test with speeds in the 8-9mbps consistantly, however when trying to watch an HDX movie it is buffer city to the point that I have stopped using VUDU and use NETFLIX.

If I pause the movie the HDX speed indicator is on the lowest bar, however if I do another speed test it passes with HDX quality speeds every time. This is a PS3 so I am using a 2.4ghz connection. The PS3 signal meter says the connection is @ 70-80%

I have no problems streaming HD to other devices (sony TV) using other services in other parts of the house much farther away from the router than the PS3 is. I am on comcast cable modem with a Lynksys WRT610N

This is irritating because I know my wireless speeds are fine and considering the VUDU speed test always passes and other online speed tests show more than adequate download speeds. I like VUDU because of the interface and tomatometer etc., however I can not use the service at these speeds.

Anyone else experiancing slow speeds with a PS3?

Also VUDU reps I purchased "Grey Gardens" in SD and it has no sound. All other programs have sound. I need to get a refund for this.

Re: PS3 buffering despite good speed test

Originally posted by morrisd65 View Post
    I have been able to stream in HDX on my PS3 with no problem until recently. I pass the VUDU speed test with speeds in the 8-9mbps consistantly, however when trying to watch an HDX movie it is buffer city to the point that I have stopped using VUDU and use NETFLIX.

If I pause the movie the HDX speed indicator is on the lowest bar, however if I do another speed test it passes with HDX quality speeds every time. This is a PS3 so I am using a 2.4ghz connection. The PS3 signal meter says the connection is @ 70-80%

I have no problems streaming HD to other devices (sony TV) using other services in other parts of the house much farther away from the router than the PS3 is. I am on comcast cable modem with a Lynksys WRT610N

This is irritating because I know my wireless speeds are fine and considering the VUDU speed test always passes and other online speed tests show more than adequate download speeds. I like VUDU because of the interface and tomatometer etc., however I can not use the service at these speeds.

Anyone else experiancing slow speeds with a PS3?

Also VUDU reps I purchased "Grey Gardens" in SD and it has no sound. All other programs have sound. I need to get a refund for this.
    Morris,

My apologies for the buffering you have encountered. I would be happy to take a look at your streaming sessions and refund you for the Grey Gardens. Could you please send me your email address in a Private Message, or post your device ID here? The device ID should be located under info and settings.

Comment

I am having the same problem as above. test speeds are maxed out for HDX and even when switched to SD, buffering continously. On phone with tech support, waiting while he checks into it. If solution is found , will post. If not, will be looking for answers.

Comment

I believe I deserve a credit for "Drive". I watched in few second increments while spending probably 45 mins of phone with tech support. He gave me anothe rmovie that there was no problem with the streaming. Finally, Vudu said there was a problem with the movie, not my wi fi. Please issue a credit.

RH

Comment

Originally posted by rfghmd View Post
          I believe I deserve a credit for "Drive". I watched in few second increments while spending probably 45 mins of phone with tech support. He gave me anothe rmovie that there was no problem with the streaming. Finally, Vudu said there was a problem with the movie, not my wi fi. Please issue a credit.

RH
          RH,

I'd be happy to apply the credit. Could you send me a private message including your email address, Or post the device ID for you PS3.

Comment

Absolutely. I am experiencing similar problems with my PS-3 and buffering. I recently upgraded my cable modem/router to a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 so I could enjoy higher broadband speeds: Wired ethernet speeds of 30+ Mbps, and my wireless speeds are 10+ Mbps. I should theoretically have NO problems streaming HDX movies, however buffering keeps occurring every 5-10 seconds, and it even continues when I change to SDX mode.

I also have apple TV and have had no problems whatsoever with streaming from there. My wireless signal is consistently 70-90%, so I know that is not an issue.

It seems to me that something (PS3 software? VUDU compatibility issue with PS-3?) is interfering with the streaming capabilities on our PS-3 machines.

I hope VUDU is able to figure this one out since this is obviously NOT an isolated incident.

In the meantime, I will use other services that don't give me buffering issues. It is definitely frustrating to have this when you know that the problem is not the wireless connection and NOT the network, even though the program tells you that you are having network issues. The problem is internal, not external!

Comment

SAME issue here.

20mb cable connection, motorola surfboard modem, netgear N router. Even after it if buffers a million times trying to do HD it'll switch to SD and still buffer a million times.

and, here's the speed test results via wireless

really hope theres a solution eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
                SAME issue here.

20mb cable connection, motorola surfboard modem, netgear N router. Even after it if buffers a million times trying to do HD it'll switch to SD and still buffer a million times.

and, here's the speed test results via wireless

really hope theres a solution eventually.
                Can you run the speedtest that is in the PS3 interface? Have you tried any port forwarding?

Comment

I get constant buffering at HDX also..drops down to HD, still buffers

I ran my computer speed:

download speeds: 177,787-17,759-lowest ever was 15047 kbps

upload speeds: 2345-2410

Linksys wireless router G 2.4ghz

80% signal

Is it VUDU, Router? Cox internet? PS3?

Comment

Originally posted by rcrawford View Post
                    I get constant buffering at HDX also..drops down to HD, still buffers

I ran my computer speed:

download speeds: 177,787-17,759-lowest ever was 15047 kbps

upload speeds: 2345-2410

Linksys wireless router G 2.4ghz

80% signal

Is it VUDU, Router? Cox internet? PS3?
                    Lets see if we can figure that out. I noticed you ran a speedtest in vudu on the PS3. Judging by those tests you should be able to pull 6-7mbps pretty consistently. I've placed a credit on your account, could you try a stream for me when you have a chance? Try and do this at peak internet hours if possible

Comment

Same issue here. It's worked pretty much flawlessly on HDX all this time until just tonight. It's showing three green bars, yet buffers every couple of minutes. Impossible to watch.

Tech support is closed as it's almost 10pm on a Saturday. Guess I'll watch CinemaNow or NetFlix tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by blankfist View Post
                        Same issue here. It's worked pretty much flawlessly on HDX all this time until just tonight. It's showing three green bars, yet buffers every couple of minutes. Impossible to watch.

Tech support is closed as it's almost 10pm on a Saturday. Guess I'll watch CinemaNow or NetFlix tonight.
                        Our apologies for the poor experience. Please give us a call if you haven't done so already. We'll be happy to take a look at this issue and provide you with a credit for the movie you weren't able to watch.

(888)554-VUDU

Comment

Same issue for me. We started with HD, then got about 30 minutes into the Muppets only to be downgraded to SD. I have a 20 m/bit down and 7-10 m/bit up. I called customer service and they had me do tracert (trace route) and guess, what? The problem is on the Vudu end. This after telling me it could be my ISP, my Router, my signal, my line, my PS3, my everything else...

What is strange is that my PS3 passes the HDX test with over 10mbps. Well, not so strange since the test server is not the actual movie server.

This is the second time of two movies that I have dropped. After reading all the problems Vudu is having, I am quite amazed they are still in business. I guess most people are satisfied by paying for HDX or HD then getting downgraded to SD. I think a lot of people just don't think it's worth the effort to call in for a refund.

Final conclusion: Vudu is not ready for prime time and I don't think it will ever be. Honestly, I wanted it to work, but you can't advertize HD and then not be able to provide the server and routers to deliver huge quantities of data.

Maybe Vudu SHOULD compress the signal, since they can't/won't provide the server and rackspace needed to deliver what they advertise.
                          Customer support was ok, but not stellar. I did get a refund, but....

The tech suggested setting my PS3 to a static IP, then set up a DMZ. But I have no firewall on the router. I have it disabled so I CAN stream. It's a Cisco E4200, which is the best router out there, IMHO. Besides, I am running CAT5 to the PS3.

So, I am out of Vudu and I think I may check back in a year if they are still in business. I am surely going to advise my friends and co-workers to stay away.

Comment

I have streamed dozens of movies with Vudu. I had a problem only one time getting bumped to SD. I was credited $5.99 for a 99 cent movie, after telling them I didn't need a credit. Now that's what I call customer service! All of my streaming is HDX.

Comment

I ran into this problem last night. I had to switch from HDX to HD because of excessive buffering. It wasn't a big deal, but I hope that it gets corrected.
                              Here's my speedtest.net result. The ping in usually 15-20 ms in the evening.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1930074578.png

Comment

Working...
                              X