Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

PS3 buffering despite good speed test

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PS3 buffering despite good speed test

ya buffering problem here too...

Watch on Computer just fine.... Then watch on XBox 360 just fine never buffers not even once....

Turn on PS3 and it buffers like every 50 seconds.....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
      ya buffering problem here too...

Watch on Computer just fine.... Then watch on XBox 360 just fine never buffers not even once....

Turn on PS3 and it buffers like every 50 seconds.....
      Are you using the wireless to connect to your network? I had the same issue at home, switched to a wired connection and it helped instantly. If you continue to buffer, please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU so we can look into the issue.

Comment

Let me say I LOVE Vudu, the picture quality is as close to Blu-ray as possible, but my PS3 is REALLY having problems streaming movies all of sudden. I can't even stream the 2 minute preview you get. Please is there any solution to this? I love the Vudu picture quality and DD+ is very nice too but I can't be buy any movie till I feel comfortable I can watch the movies. Thanks for any help.

Comment

I was watching Act of Valor tonight and it was buffering a little bit in the middle and dropping me to HD down from HDX then the last 15 minutes it kept buffering every 30 seconds to a minute.

ran a speed test was getting 10.5Mbs with speedtest.net and 8.3 with VUDU speed test. I should have learned my lesson by now.

I have my PS3 set through my router to get the highest bandwidth priority and still this.

Oh and when I ran the speedtest through VUDU's own site from the PS3 I was also streaming an HD movie from Amazon to my laptop on the same connection just to see if it was something outside bogging it down.

The Amazon video never skipped a beat and I have a 12Mbs connection.

Come on VUDU get your act together or should I say Wal-Mart

Comment

Almost the same issue for myself as well.

Wireless is good on the PS3 but it will not complete the connection test on Vudu. Says it failed.

Even watching SD it buffers about every 30 seconds or so. I have plenty of speed for HDX.

Comment

After a few months of not using Vudu on my PS3, I decided to give it a try. Not surprisingly, the use of Vudu is still unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

What gets me is if you complain to the Vudu managers, they IMMEDIATELY blame you, your connection, your TV and your ISP. It must be something "I" am doing despite the several thousand complaints they must have every day.

Then, they want YOU to do some silly tests. This despite ALL my other PS3 apps working perfectly. Amazon 100%, CinemaNow 100%, Sony 100%, ETC ETC.

So, I am not trying again. Trust me when I say Vudu is a complete failure and disaster. I am surprised there is not some class-action suit against them for fraud and misrepresentation.
              Hmm... there's an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bentrider1957 View Post
                Trust me when I say Vudu is a complete failure and disaster. I am surprised there is not some class-action suit against them for fraud and misrepresentation.
                Hmm... there's an idea.
                I am having great difficulties with Vudu as well, but stop me when I sound like that.

Comment

i get same buffering issue on my PS3's but no issue buffering on my XVox 360's

Comment

My husband and I have had the same issues with the bufferinng on our PS3, Have a new Netgear router for gaming (we have two PS3 systems)....no porblems for gaming or Netflix, yet it took us over 3 and a half hours to fully watch American Pie Reunion (and two more films we rented previously), which my husband just had to see. I was against renting it via VUDU, since we never even got to finish A Thousand Words the week before due to buffering issues...even though we waited until several hours later to watch the last 30 minutes, the buffering was unbearable. Do not understand why these are issues when there are other companies, like Netflix, which seem to have no issues in streaming whatsoever. May check back into VUDU in a year or two and hope all issues are resolved!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ACoxy2008 View Post
                      My husband and I have had the same issues with the bufferinng on our PS3, Have a new Netgear router for gaming (we have two PS3 systems)....no porblems for gaming or Netflix, yet it took us over 3 and a half hours to fully watch American Pie Reunion (and two more films we rented previously), which my husband just had to see. I was against renting it via VUDU, since we never even got to finish A Thousand Words the week before due to buffering issues...even though we waited until several hours later to watch the last 30 minutes, the buffering was unbearable. Do not understand why these are issues when there are other companies, like Netflix, which seem to have no issues in streaming whatsoever. May check back into VUDU in a year or two and hope all issues are resolved!!!
                      Are you connected using the wireless, or are you hard-wired to the router?

I experienced the same thing with my PS3 at home. I wouldn't buffer during the day, but as night hit and more people in my area started to get home from work, I would buffer. My speed test remained high and i didn't have an issue with my other devices. However, once i hard wired the PS3, i didn't see any buffering events. Apparently i have a lot of wireless congestion around my home, and when more people got home from work i would start to buffer.

At the very least it's a good place to start when we troubleshoot. If you continue to see buffering, please submit a support ticket so we can help.

Comment

Same problem here I can watch movie on my XBox 360 no problem doesn't buffer a single time then can turn on the same exact movie or another movie on my PS3 and buffers every 10 seconds...

I run the test on the PS3 and it is maxed out at the 9MB and then do a speedtest.net test and get

XBox 360s and PS3's are all wired ethernet.... Yes I said XBox360s and PS3's I have two of each one of each up stairs in my bedroom and one downstairs in living room and both of the XBox's stream just fine... And both PS3's have the buffering issue...

Comment

I posted about this issue in January. Nothing has changed - no fix. Vudu will always tell you the same thing "we will look into it" however there is not one fix they can suggest other than hard wiring the PS3 to your router. All of the customers on this thread are trying to "stream" this data. The problem is with the PS3 radio. I can stream NetFlix on the PS3 no problem but not VUDU data.
                          My router is G & N and is only about 30 feet from the PS3 and television but in another room.

I have a Vudu capable Mitsubishi TV sitting on a TV stand with the PS3 directly below it. The Mitsu has a 5GHZ capable radio and I use that band for connecting the Mitsu to the router - Vudu works flawlesly.

The PS3 sitting directly below the Mitsu is on 2.4GHz and can not stream Vudu without buffering.

All of my other devices in the house have good speed and good reception on either band - even a sony TV downstairs which is also on 2.4ghz.

The only think it could be is the PS3 radio (limited to 2.4ghz - wireless G) sucks for all of us. Vudo cant fix sony's poor wireless G radios so I suggest using another device to stream VUDU. Or try a wireless G & N gaming adaptor hardwired into the ethernet port of the PS3. That is my next move.

Notice the only advice VUDU can give for this is to hardwire your PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisd65 View Post
                            I posted about this issue in January. Nothing has changed - no fix. Vudu will always tell you the same thing "we will look into it" however there is not one fix they can suggest other than hard wiring the PS3 to your router. All of the customers on this thread are trying to "stream" this data. The problem is with the PS3 radio. I can stream NetFlix on the PS3 no problem but not VUDU data.
                            My router is G & N and is only about 30 feet from the PS3 and television but in another room.

I have a Vudu capable Mitsubishi TV sitting on a TV stand with the PS3 directly below it. The Mitsu has a 5GHZ capable radio and I use that band for connecting the Mitsu to the router - Vudu works flawlesly.

The PS3 sitting directly below the Mitsu is on 2.4GHz and can not stream Vudu without buffering.

All of my other devices in the house have good speed and good reception on either band - even a sony TV downstairs which is also on 2.4ghz.

The only think it could be is the PS3 radio (limited to 2.4ghz - wireless G) sucks for all of us. Vudo cant fix sony's poor wireless G radios so I suggest using another device to stream VUDU. Or try a wireless G & N gaming adaptor hardwired into the ethernet port of the PS3. That is my next move.

Notice the only advice VUDU can give for this is to hardwire your PS3.
                            While 802.11G isn't ideal for video streaming, I respectfully disagree with your conclusion that it is a PS3 hardware issue. The reason being is that I just started having severe buffering problems with VUDU (SD trailers, and SD movies) despite no buffering of SD VUDU movies a few months ago (and no system/network changes either). My PS3 is connected via a CAT6 cable to my router. Netflix and other internet-based services are fine. My speed tests show I am in the mid-range (1.3 Mbps) for SD streams.

Given that my PS3 internet-related performance has not changed other than with my VUDU account, I am with the belief that it is a VUDU server issue and/or is related to the relatively new option of downloading rentals. In fact, when I rented a video last night and specifically selected "Watch Now", VUDU still appeared to be forcing a download. After several buffering interruptions, I manually suspended the movie download thinking that it may be causing the buffering traffic jam. However, when I clicked "Watch" to stream the movie, buffering started again and it also appeared to start up the download file again.

Having successfully watched both animated and live-action SD streaming movies on VUDU in the past I was very disappointed with last night's experience. There is no point of paying the high-priced premium to watch a movie when the experience is now like having a 56 Kbps modem speed. Additionally, while the new download feature may have benefits for some applications, VUDU should not force a file download unless you select it to do so.

Comment

I've been having the same issues. I have a linksys ea6500 router and my ps3 is hardwired using a cat6 cable. I ran cat6 through the walls and crimped the end that attaches to the router myself and wired the female jack that resides behind my entertainment center and ps3 also so at first I wondered if maybe my work was faulty or maybe it was variances from my ISP but I don't think it is.My ps3 speedtests are consistently above 20 mbps and my VUDU tests always max out. I figured a faulty wire could cause intermittent issues but I watched 4 full seasons of Breaking Bad on netflix recently with no issues and I've never had an issue with amazon prime video. I would hate to start cutting wires and redoing connections if the problem isn't on my end, judging by the forum posts I'm not going to.By the way my laptop regularly hits 55 to 60 down and 11 up on this router through wireless n 5ghz and 40ish down on 2.4ghz so I don't think its my ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by cldlhd View Post
                                I've been having the same issues. I have a linksys ea6500 router and my ps3 is hardwired using a cat6 cable. I ran cat6 through the walls and crimped the end that attaches to the router myself and wired the female jack that resides behind my entertainment center and ps3 also so at first I wondered if maybe my work was faulty or maybe it was variances from my ISP but I don't think it is.My ps3 speedtests are consistently above 20 mbps and my VUDU tests always max out. I figured a faulty wire could cause intermittent issues but I watched 4 full seasons of Breaking Bad on netflix recently with no issues and I've never had an issue with amazon prime video. I would hate to start cutting wires and redoing connections if the problem isn't on my end, judging by the forum posts I'm not going to.By the way my laptop regularly hits 55 to 60 down and 11 up on this router through wireless n 5ghz and 40ish down on 2.4ghz so I don't think its my ISP.
                                Could you send me your email address in a PM? I'd like to take a look at the streaming sessions you've had recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X